Reply [IC] Aka'mleli Lands [IC]
[PRP] So You're a Healer, huh? [Ashiki + Naamini] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheMadHatter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:09 am
"Well, if you break a bone i have to know how to help." She smiled. It was good that the cub was interested. If the others were gone it would be nice to have help as the cub grew up if she stayed interested in it. ""Your bones hold you up so it wouldn't be good if you broke a leg bone and then i couldn't fix it so you could walk again."

Though she could only do so much for broken bones at least she could help a little. "If he gets stomach aches there are plenty of plants he can eat that will help with that. So long as you can remember what they look like it should be easy for you to learn which ones they were." That was one of the first things she'd learned herself.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:06 am
Oh. That actually made a surprising amount of sense. “Oh. I suppose you do need to know about that sort of thing too.” Naamini berated herself for not thinking of it sooner. Of course she needed to know what bones looked like so she could fix them if somebody broke one! Injuries weren’t all cuts and scrapes, though for the young cub she seemed to get a lot of those. It was just one of the penalties of exploring. Her mother would fuss, but that was to be expected. No pain no gain, after all.

“So looks are important,” Naamini repeated, cataloging that piece of information along with many other things the healer had told her. “All he has to do is eat a plant and it’ll make him feel better? What kinds of plants would I be looking for? Are grasses important?” She liked to chew on grass, but that didn’t mean it had any medicinal properties. Still, it might, and the elder twin was letting her curiousity get the better of her. Too many questions might make Ashiki upset, but for now Naamini wasn’t thinking about that. She had questions and she wanted answers.

Chibi Sheepcat

TheMadHatter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:36 pm
"Grass isnt' bad so long as you dont eat too much of it." She nodded. "It's actually a good way to deal with an upset stomach so long as you're nibbling on the greener grasses. There are some other plants too, though for most of those you have to go outside the valley and you dont need to be doing that yet. I can bring some back for you though, just to show you."

It would be nice to go explore again to gather up her supplies that had to have been lost with all the land shifting. She would probably ask someone to come with her out again, just for fear of something else happening, but that should be alright. Two mouths could carry more things back anyway

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:41 am
Naamini nodded slowly as Ashiki started to explain about the grasses. A little bit of grass was good, a lot of grass as bad. And you should only chew on the greener ones, not any of the funky coloured ones. She would have to remember to tell Kamau this when they got back home. No doubt he would try and eat some of the strange grasses and get sick. Then they would both be back here, talking to Ashiki, but not out of curiousity.

"Do you get most of your plants from outside the valley? Are there some that I could help you get here?" She knew she would never be allowed out of the valley at this age, especially without a bird. Her mother would have a heart attack if she found out that Naamini had strayed beyond the pride borders. Even though the young twin was sure that her brother was more likely to be kidnapped, her mother was not so convinced.

Chibi Sheepcat

TheMadHatter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:25 pm
"A bit of both actually. Though with all the things changing around here after the earthquake i'm not sure what i can still get to around here." She'd been trying to make sure no one else was really hurt before she tried to take inventory

"Once i get a chance to look around maybe you can help me." She reached out a paw and ruffled the cub's head. "I wouldn't want to send you somewhere that might still cave in and you get hurt"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:53 pm
"Ooh. If there's any plants here still, can I come with you one time to look at them?" Plant identification didn't really sound all that interesting, but Naamini knew it would be her first step towards being able to help her brother. Kamau needed looking out for in every way possible, and she had to be ready for anything.

The head ruffle was a little unexpected, however Naamini caught herself before she drew away. It wasn't like the healer was trying to hurt her, after all. "My mom wouldn't be too happy if you did that," she agreed with a small grin. "She wouldn't be too happy with me wandering around though too… I should probably go back. But I'll look out for you!" With a final nod, Naamini bounded back the way she came, hoping her mother hadn't noticed her absence.

Chibi Sheepcat

[IC] Aka'mleli Lands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces