Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply General Debate Forum
Thawab' of Quran Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you understand Qura'n in Arabic?
  No - or a little
  Yes - ( not for arabs )
  Yes - ( FOR arabs)
View Results

-keisha rayana hanaquil23
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:11 am
arabic letters have their right pronounces,, i mean, you have to read and pronounce them well because there are arabic letters that have same sound but not too alike.. example are the arabic letters : sin, shin, sad .. it is not good, once you've mispronounced even one letter because the meaning will be change too.

-this may not be related to your question, tassan, but just wanna say it. biggrin sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:31 am
-keisha rayana hanaquil23
arabic letters have their right pronounces,, i mean, you have to read and pronounce them well because there are arabic letters that have same sound but not too alike.. example are the arabic letters : sin, shin, sad .. it is not good, once you've mispronounced even one letter because the meaning will be change too.

-this may not be related to your question, tassan, but just wanna say it. biggrin sweatdrop

Alsalam Alaykum ≈

yeah u r very right sis!! lots of meanings can be totally replaced because of a mispronunciation, so if u want to learn arabic.. u must learn it real well, even i sometimes mispronounce some words in the Qura'n but then i go back and read it again, and i figure that i've read it in the wrong pronunciation

Wasalam ≈

dark__sunshin
Vice Captain

Sir_Zaki

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:00 am
Came to an answer???  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:14 am
Sir_Zaki
Came to an answer???

Kinda  

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Talented Azz

Questionable Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:40 am
tassan; I can understand where your coming from because i dont know arabic either and when i read the Qur'an i dont understand anything. But i still read it because i know that its good to read it and Allah expects us to read it even if we dont get the meaning. When im reading the Qur'an i just think that even if i dont get it i know its right for me to read it. And when my curiosity takes in(after im done reading for the day) I just go and read the English version so i can understand what the surah's are saying or what the story is in that verse. =)
When i go back to read it, i know i dont still understand what its saying but i fairly know what Allah is telling me to do then. As in what's right and what's wrong. That's what counts right? That you do what He asks of you. =)
I hope my issue helps you understand a little bit. ^_^ Good luck.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:08 am
thanks ^__^  

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Talented Azz

Questionable Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:47 pm
i wanted to post this story it's exactly what you asked. =)

Why do we read Quran, even if we can't understand a single Arabic word????

This is a beautiful story.

An old American Muslim lived on a farm in the mountains of eastern Kentucky with his young grandson. Each morning Grandpa was up early sitting at the kitchen table reading his Quran. His grandson wanted to be just like him and tried to imitate him in every way he could.

One day the grandson asked, 'Grandpa! I try to read the Quran just like you but I don't understand it, and what I do understand I forget as soon as I close the book. What good does reading the Qur'an do?'

The Grandfather quietly turned from putting coal in the stove and replied,
'Take this coal basket down to the river and bring me back a basket of water.'

The boy did as he was told, but all the water leaked out before he got back to the house. The grandfather laughed and said, 'You'll have to move a little faster next time,' and sent him back to the river with the basket
to try again. This time the boy ran faster, but again the basket was empty before he returned home. Out of breath, he told his grandfather that it was impossible to carry water in a basket, and he went to get a bucket
instead.

The old man said, 'I don't want a bucket of water; I want a basket of water.

You're just not trying hard enough,' and he went out the door to watch the boy try again.

At this point, the boy knew it was impossible, but he wanted to show his grandfather that even if he ran as fast as he could, the water would leak out before he got back to the house. The boy again dipped the basket into
river and ran hard, but when he reached his grandfather the basket was again empty. Out of breath, he said, 'See Grandpa, it's useless!'

'So you think it is useless?' The old man said, 'Look at the basket.'

The boy looked at the basket and for the first time realized that the basket was different. It had been transformed from a dirty old coal basket and
was now clean, inside and out.

'Son, that's what happens when you read the Qur'an. You might not understand or remember everything, but when you read it, you will be changed, inside and out. That is the work of Allah in our lives.'

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 6:42 am
saiyora_
i wanted to post this story it's exactly what you asked. =)

Why do we read Quran, even if we can't understand a single Arabic word????

This is a beautiful story.

An old American Muslim lived on a farm in the mountains of eastern Kentucky with his young grandson. Each morning Grandpa was up early sitting at the kitchen table reading his Quran. His grandson wanted to be just like him and tried to imitate him in every way he could.

One day the grandson asked, 'Grandpa! I try to read the Quran just like you but I don't understand it, and what I do understand I forget as soon as I close the book. What good does reading the Qur'an do?'

The Grandfather quietly turned from putting coal in the stove and replied,
'Take this coal basket down to the river and bring me back a basket of water.'

The boy did as he was told, but all the water leaked out before he got back to the house. The grandfather laughed and said, 'You'll have to move a little faster next time,' and sent him back to the river with the basket
to try again. This time the boy ran faster, but again the basket was empty before he returned home. Out of breath, he told his grandfather that it was impossible to carry water in a basket, and he went to get a bucket
instead.

The old man said, 'I don't want a bucket of water; I want a basket of water.

You're just not trying hard enough,' and he went out the door to watch the boy try again.

At this point, the boy knew it was impossible, but he wanted to show his grandfather that even if he ran as fast as he could, the water would leak out before he got back to the house. The boy again dipped the basket into
river and ran hard, but when he reached his grandfather the basket was again empty. Out of breath, he said, 'See Grandpa, it's useless!'

'So you think it is useless?' The old man said, 'Look at the basket.'

The boy looked at the basket and for the first time realized that the basket was different. It had been transformed from a dirty old coal basket and
was now clean, inside and out.

'Son, that's what happens when you read the Qur'an. You might not understand or remember everything, but when you read it, you will be changed, inside and out. That is the work of Allah in our lives.'

4laugh  

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Talented Azz

Questionable Seeker

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:41 pm
^__^
it made me think about your question when i read it. biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:30 am
tassan
dark__sunshin
well , i guess u'll get more thawab reading it in arabic coz it was actually sent in arabic !! and there are meanings in the qura'n that u can't say it or explain it in any other language except arabic !!

>> my answer is on debate xD!

neglecting that i do not understand a word of it when i read it in Arabic?

i mean there is a surah that i do no remember but it states something like that the reciter gets more thawab when he is reciting Quran in Arabic? but when the reciter does not even understand the meaning of that surah while reading it in arabic then how he would know what Allah is saying? this is what i am trying to say...

yes, but why not try to learn it in arabic? I mean it's not so hard when you practice much...
and you'll gain more thawab if you do.
it's also better because you would want to know what you're saying during praying time, right? who agrees with me??????????????????????? biggrin ^_^  

Aphrodite Jr

450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

EtSh Cool

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:18 pm
You will get Thawab even if you had redden it in Chinese but you won't get as much thawab as reading it in Arabic  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:34 am
tassan
Haydar the Truthful
It's basically because the translation never depicts the true meaning of the Qur'an or the Message that was originally sent, But translators try their best to get as close as possible, And due to this the Qur'an is usually misinterpreted and non-muslims accuse us of terrorism or violence.

I've heard that reading it in Arabic makes it much better than any other language as well.

i really am not satisfied! i already know that no body can depict the EXACT meaning of Quran in other language then Quran it self...

@DS i got what you mean before... but i was not satisfied... but what if i do not act like it is written in Quran just because i do not understand it?

what do you mean, "i'm not satsified"? It is an order from Allah and that's what He told you to do. He sent it to you in Arabic, and He wants you to read it in Arabic. There is no glory in reading it in any other language other than Arabic! Do you know how many things cannot be translated or expressed in any other language in the Qur'an excpt in Arabic?! somebody has to teach you a lesson...  

Aphrodite Jr

450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Shinigami Vayth
Crew

Newbie Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:26 pm
whoa, what a great story.. I better write it down, I'm sure it will be useful in the future..^^

as for the answer, I think I agree with people here. Quran is guaranteed it's originality until the end of time by Allah. And by translating it to other language, it will most likely change it's meaning even if only a little, and like keisha said, Arabic is the most sensitive language (1 different letter=different meaning) and that little mistranslation may fatal.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:28 am
Aphrodite Jr
tassan
Haydar the Truthful
It's basically because the translation never depicts the true meaning of the Qur'an or the Message that was originally sent, But translators try their best to get as close as possible, And due to this the Qur'an is usually misinterpreted and non-muslims accuse us of terrorism or violence.

I've heard that reading it in Arabic makes it much better than any other language as well.

i really am not satisfied! i already know that no body can depict the EXACT meaning of Quran in other language then Quran it self...

@DS i got what you mean before... but i was not satisfied... but what if i do not act like it is written in Quran just because i do not understand it?

what do you mean, "i'm not satsified"? It is an order from Allah and that's what He told you to do. He sent it to you in Arabic, and He wants you to read it in Arabic. There is no glory in reading it in any other language other than Arabic! Do you know how many things cannot be translated or expressed in any other language in the Qur'an excpt in Arabic?! somebody has to teach you a lesson...

It's true that the precise meaning of the Arabic in the Qur'an can never be completely translated. So the best thing is to read it in Arabic.

However Allah (swt) in the Qur'an tells us to read to the best of our ability. If we cannot read Arabic, then we read it in our own language first. There is great reward in reading the Qur'an either way if your intentions are to understand the message of Allah and you do it as good as you can. Arabic gives you a higher reward because if you understand it in Arabic, you will catch all the minor details.

And it is best if you learn Arabic. I try to read in Arabic as much as I can (I do not speak it, but I am learning). I have a good grasp of the meaning of around 20 of the last surahs in the Qur'an and I can dissect the grammar and meaning. However, for the majority, I have to read it in English to understand. Arabic is a very complex language. To fully grasp the meaning of the intricate grammar will take years. Nevertheless we must all try to read it in Arabic =)

Aphrodite Jr
There is no glory in reading it in any other language other than Arabic!

Are you saying that any non-Arabic speaking person who wants to know about Islam (and possibly accept it) and starts to read the Qur'an in his own language is not rewarded for it? Ya Allah..

"When man walks one step towards Allah, Allah walks towards him ten steps."

Regarding the second point, if you do not act on a command of Allah (swt) because you genuinely do not understand the command. I.e. you don't know what is said, what is meant, or you have a misunderstanding, then you will not be held accountable for that.

However, you will be held accountable if you do not try to find out what is meant by the command. For example, if you want to eat something and you're not quite sure if it's Halal, you shouldn't say "whatever" and eat it anyway. Rather you should try to find out whether it's halal or not. Gaining knowledge is a duty of every muslim.

If you read the Qur'an in Arabic, while not understanding a single bit of Arabic, of course you will not understand what it says and cannot be expected to act like it. But you are strongly encouraged to find out what it says. So look at translations, explanations, learn Arabic, etc =)

This is also the reason all previous sins are forgiven if you accept Islam. Because before you knew Islam, how could you have acted like a muslim? You didn't know, did you? So Allah forgives everything you've done wrong prior to accepting Islam.  

Nennies

The_Pathan
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:18 am
reading in arabic is sunnah 3nodding Arabic is the language of heaven wink Plus, it's more right, some words are better in arabic, so it will mean something else in another language smile  
General Debate Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff