Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Salutations, Greetings and Introductions Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-No Artificial Flavoring-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:52 pm
Andreis
Here we learn of Andreis' dislike for the repeated veiw of said 'illitaracy' not being role playing. stare stressed

On another note, one peice is hilarious!! It's so random. xd

I'm sorry, can you rephrase that? I did not follow that at all. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:48 pm
Most assuredly.
Following your assumtion/statement that said "literate" role playing is THE only way to role play, I sighed in frustration and because this was a place for others to learn about you stated it how I did.

I simply believe that it doesn't take metaphoric description to the most ornate detail or entirely correct spelling and grammar to be said "properly" role playing. There are occurances where people try to be descriptive but know not the term punctuation and I will agree with most people who tell them to learn the ways of grammar! In most cases however, I think people should just have fun and take a load off.  

Andreis

DarkElf27

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:54 am
Believe me, Brookman and I know what literate roleplaying is. wink  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:53 am
DarkElf27
Believe me, Brookman and I know what literate roleplaying is. wink

This changes my thoughts how?
rofl
No offense, I believe you... It just seemed slightly out of place.  

Andreis

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:17 am
Okay, sure. Whatever floats your boat. Be that as it may, there are still three different types of RPing: illiterate, semi-literate, and literate. And I myself, would like to feel confident enough to classify me as literate, in the fully descriptive version of it. How's that?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:09 pm
Okay, sure. Whatever floats your boat. Be that as it may, there are still three different types of RPing: illiterate, semi-literate, and literate. And I myself, would like to feel confident enough to classify me as literate, in the fully descriptive version of it. How's that?

I pretty much consider myself a literate roleplayer as well, but sometimes I have... >__> Roleplayer's block... I guess... And I can't think of much to post. Sometimes I feel like there's too much expected of me if I made a long and detailed intro post or something. I don't roleplay with my sister because I'm afraid that this will happen, and if I want to roleplay with her some other time, she'll be all, "OMFG NO UR DA WERST RPER EVAR!!1!!1!1one!1!shift!1!1 scream evil talk2hand " <___<

[No, she doesn't really type like that. She's as literate, if not more, than I am.]

-M- Mellolicious

-M- Mellolicious

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:10 pm
Oh, Artificial Flavoring? >__> Change the 'Number of people the Furby has freaked out' to three.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:52 pm
lol, sorry. I didn't mean to cause tensions. We all have our pet peves. XP  

Andreis

-M- Mellolicious

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:28 pm
Andreis
lol, sorry. I didn't mean to cause tensions. We all have our pet peves. XP

Jesus, Andreis, you shouldn't be so mean. >__>
xD

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:37 pm
Sexy lil Soc
Oh, Artificial Flavoring? >__> Change the 'Number of people the Furby has freaked out' to three.
Okeh dokeh. It's been changed. I can't beleive they're attempting to bring Furbies back... xd  

-M- Mellolicious

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:32 am
Sexy lil Soc
Okeh dokeh. It's been changed. I can't beleive they're attempting to bring Furbies back... xd

xDD They are? Oh, Gawd.
Is that "Let's have fun" thing their new motto? >__> That's disturbing.

Furbie: "Let's have fuuuuun...."
Owner: "AAAH! MOM! GET IT AWAY FROM ME!!"
Furbie: "Fuuuuun...."
*Sounds of someone getting beat with a frying pan*
*Silence*
Furbie: "Fuuuuuuuuun....."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:34 am
I used to have a black and white Furbie that looked like a skunk. I swear it blinked at me once.
WHEN THE BATTERIES WERE DEAD.
And I had one of those baby ones. It would cuss me out. >__>

-M- Mellolicious

Andreis

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:47 pm
I saw the commercial today.... The new furrby is less horrendous than the last... but still, it's anthropomorphisation is creepy... It has furry ears now and a rubber beak to make it so it looks more real. AHHHHH! And the new thing is

"Hey furby!"

And it replies.... IT EVEN PLAYS GAMES! OH THE INHUMANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -dies with hand stapled to forehead- *Dramafied*  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:43 pm
Andreis
I saw the commercial today.... The new furrby is less horrendous than the last... but still, it's anthropomorphisation is creepy... It has furry ears now and a rubber beak to make it so it looks more real. AHHHHH! And the new thing is

"Hey furby!"

And it replies.... IT EVEN PLAYS GAMES! OH THE INHUMANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -dies with hand stapled to forehead- *Dramafied*

The old one played games too... you could play Simon Says, or Hide and Seek. I think the newest versions are creepier... you can barely see their eyes!

I know, Soc, that's what I thought when I saw this pic. Well, not the whole frying pan bit, but, a good portion of it. mrgreen

-M- Mellolicious

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:36 pm
Andreis

"Hey furby!"

The old one played games too... you could play Simon Says, or Hide and Seek. I think the newest versions are creepier... you can barely see their eyes!

I know, Soc, that's what I thought when I saw this pic. Well, not the whole frying pan bit, but, a good portion of it. mrgreen

xDD  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces