Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
SIlent Hill 5 banned in Australia Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Brando2021

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:38 am
Undine Mystic
nitnit
Kaptain_Pretty
That doesn't surprise me. (Maybe a little..) They banned all the ps2 GTA games there, Fallout 3 and Duke Nukem 3D (I think) Well, sucks for them "Mates".

I thought they changed the heroin in fallout 3 to a generic drug to get it unbanned?

Yes, that is true, even though the original drug use in Fallout 3 was in context.

Quote:
Australians hardly ever play video games of anny kind. Too busy Surfing, watching the O.C., eating Vegemite, and just doing something Australian like. IDK...

I hate the beach, I hate the O.C, but vegemite is delicious. All I like to do in summer is park in front of the air conditioner and play video games. All I want is the classification board to move into the 21st century, games are not just Pac-man now.

I'm surprised at any gamer who doesn't know of Jack Thompson, the American lawyer (?) that goes out of his way to get certain games banned particularly if they are made by Rockstar...he really hates that company....

lol well you said Jack Johnson so I thought you were talking about the singer and I didn't know he was against video games.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:31 am
Kunx the Mighty
Archie KoRnkid
swordguy1991
Archie KoRnkid
Oh wow. Then I thought we had it bad over here because of Jack Johnson and all of his bullshit. I feel sorry for my fellow Australians..I couldn't live without playing violent video games. I need my Gears of War dammit! lol. It's FUBAR what so many people think of video games. They obviously don't even think of the benefits of playing video games. I.E. improves eyesight and communication skills....-_-..

What's Jack Johnson doing where you are?

Jack Johnson (or Thompson I think his name is, I don't remember specifically) is trying to ban video games. He says how they're bad for people and other bullshit like that. Now he's about to get disbarred..or in other words his license revoked. Thank god. That guy was a douche.

Jack Thompson is his correct name btw..I forgot what it was specifically.

I think I have a clone.

Maybe you do..maybe you do..o.0  

Archie KoRnkid

Archie KoRnkid

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:33 am
Yeah. I know its Jack Thompson. I couldn't remember what the hell his last name was exactly. I just know he's a douche bag lawyer whose getting disbarred soon. Thank god he is. He's probably gonna go all GTA on our asses and blame it on the game. ROFLMAOOL!  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:14 pm

Drake_XIV

Malevolent Duelist

5,850 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • PvP 200

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:21 am
Muleferdan
I'll make sure not to bring my copy of silent hill that I dont have to a country that I'll probably never visit again.

It isn't illegal to own the game, you just can't sell it in a legal retail store.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:46 pm
But doesn't that make it legally illegal?  

Drake_XIV

Malevolent Duelist

5,850 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • PvP 200
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers