Drove over 200 miles yesterday. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Maelthra Reloaded

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:41 pm
Fresnel
You realize you left your license plate on that, right?

EDIT: also, what kind of plane is that thing? I wouldn't recognize a Russian plane that didn't start with 'MiG'.

YaK-9 IIRC.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:37 pm
Crash Maniac
Barru
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

EDIT: also, what kind of plane is that thing? I wouldn't recognize a Russian plane that didn't start with 'MiG'.

... that's bad?
Well that's the old plate. If they ran it it'll come up to someone that lives in either St. Paul or more south.

Well, what can they do with a plate?
I'm sure there's SOME way to run a plate online and find out who you are...

I'm sure those things cost money.
Well, yeah I'll make a note of doing that in the future.
But couldn't they just go around taking pics or writing down license plates to get the name and numbers?

Wait, those 'car glass' window repair ******** do that.
My mother had a crack in her windshield and suddenly she was getting calls about special offers on automotive glass.

i can do plenty with a plate #... biggrin

I'm just not feeling jerkish today.

sad

Did somebody say Yak?
Oh, you meant the airplane.
Weren't those things insanely fast?  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:35 am
OberFeldwebel
Crash Maniac
Barru
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

... that's bad?
Well that's the old plate. If they ran it it'll come up to someone that lives in either St. Paul or more south.

Well, what can they do with a plate?

But couldn't they just go around taking pics or writing down license plates to get the name and numbers?

My mother had a crack in her windshield and suddenly she was getting calls about special offers on automotive glass.

sad

Did somebody say Yak?
Used to fight them in Chuck Yeager's Air Combat. Biggest piece of s**t in the game. Used to be able to take one out in an FW190 in under 30 seconds. Put me in the F4 and it was only a question of how fast I could get a missile lock.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:17 am
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Crash Maniac
Barru
Fresnel

sad

Did somebody say Yak?
Used to fight them in Chuck Yeager's Air Combat. Biggest piece of s**t in the game. Used to be able to take one out in an FW190 in under 30 seconds. Put me in the F4 and it was only a question of how fast I could get a missile lock.

Ah, but then again the Focke Wulf is badass.
Especially when you're talking about the FW190 A-2.

"The A-2 wing weaponry was updated, with the two wing-root mounted MG 17s being replaced by 20 mm MG 151/20E cannons."

How old is that 'Chuck Yaeger's' game?  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:39 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Crash Maniac
Barru
Fresnel

sad

Did somebody say Yak?

"The A-2 wing weaponry was updated, with the two wing-root mounted MG 17s being replaced by 20 mm MG 151/20E cannons."

Yeah, that sounds about right. FW190 v. P-51 was a decently even match. I could never finish it in the 2 minute demo time limit. We just kept circling and could never get a bead.
1991. It's so old that on the best graphics setting, the propellers are represented with a semi-transparent hexagon. I love how the "create a mission" screen is:

"So there I was in my [plane] when I [saw/jumped/was jumped by] [number] [planes] [and/.]. The guys in those planes were [skill level]"
"So there I was in my F-4 when I saw two MiG-21s and three MiG 15s. The guys in those planes were amateurs."  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:56 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Crash Maniac

sad

Did somebody say Yak?

Yeah, that sounds about right. FW190 v. P-51 was a decently even match. I could never finish it in the 2 minute demo time limit. We just kept circling and could never get a bead.
1991. It's so old that on the best graphics setting, the propellers are represented with a semi-transparent hexagon. I love how the "create a mission" screen is:

"So there I was in my [plane] when I [saw/jumped/was jumped by] [number] [planes] [and/.]. The guys in those planes were [skill level]"
"So there I was in my F-4 when I saw two MiG-21s and three MiG 15s. The guys in those planes were amateurs."

Lol
Oh that sounds terrible.
Do you know of any good WWII fighter simulators? That aren't specifically Pacific Theater oriented?
That is current I mean.  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:09 pm
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Crash Maniac

sad

Did somebody say Yak?

Lol
Oh that sounds terrible.
Do you know of any good WWII fighter simulators? That aren't specifically Pacific Theater oriented?
That is current I mean.
Hey, it was a fun game, it just had simple graphics.

I don't know of any, but I'm sure there's some Battle of Britain sims out there.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:30 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

Lol
Oh that sounds terrible.
That is current I mean.

I don't know of any, but I'm sure there's some Battle of Britain sims out there.

Cool!
Wait, can you play as either side?

Here I be flyin' in my HE 111, those Spitfires be hatin'.  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:05 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

Lol
Oh that sounds terrible.
That is current I mean.

Cool!

The only Western air combat sim I know of was CoD: Big Red One, where in one level you play a tail/ball gunner in a B-24 (the ball breaks, and the tail gunner gets shot, so you switch). The rest of the game is infantry and tanker work though.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:46 am
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

Lol
Oh that sounds terrible.
That is current I mean.

Cool!

The only Western air combat sim I know of was CoD: Big Red One, where in one level you play a tail/ball gunner in a B-24 (the ball breaks, and the tail gunner gets shot, so you switch). The rest of the game is infantry and tanker work though.

I think that happened in CoD: UO. Maybe they did that in both games I'm not sure.  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:43 pm
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

Lol
Oh that sounds terrible.
That is current I mean.

Cool!

I think that happened in CoD: UO. Maybe they did that in both games I'm not sure.
How's "Combat Wings: Battle of Britain" sound? There's a demo on that site. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:44 pm
I'm gonna jump in here,

Best WWII Flight Simulator : Il-2 Sturmovik

With all of the expansions, there are over 200 planes, including some experimental planes that never got out of the testing phase.

I heard it's quite amazing withe all the special flight controllers and full realism.

Thdark

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:35 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

Cool!

How's "Combat Wings: Battle of Britain" sound? There's a demo on that site. mrgreen

"Combat Wings: Battle of Britain puts you in the seat of a Hurricane or Spitfire, and pits you against the Luftwaffe in aerial combat."

No mention if you get to bomb the s**t out of Britain.

I'll be checking out that simulator Thdark.  
Chatterbox/Humor

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff