Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Archives~* (BOS and resource room)
[DISCUSSION]How are you celebrating Samhain? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aryain Flames

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:41 pm
this was my first Samhain too. i did loads of research to find a cool ritual and some fun activities. i ended up finding a cool idea here:

http://www.earthwitchery.com/maskmaking.html

i hope some of u guys follow the link! if u do, PM me, let me know wat u think!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:36 pm
Hopefully, I'll be celebrating my VERY FIRST Samhain *Squeeeee!* With...I don't know what to call them, fellow coven members? Seekers, Either way, it's 3 other girls at my school also wishing to be Wiccan.  

Pebble in my shoe

EstellaHanzatsu

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:08 pm
this year will be my first samhain.
I am keeping this whole pagan and stuff thing secret from my family but my best friend is also pagan and her mother knows about the both of us and is accepting of it since she was once pagan herself. so on samhain i will be going to her house, of coarse as long as i don't get stuck working that night.
I'm not sure what we'll do, try some samhain recipes and do some readings and whatnot.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:33 pm
Please help me understand, why are people calling it your "first" Samhain?
It's been here every year. Is this the first year you're celebrating it? The first year of you being a witch and having it pass?

This Samhain I think I may actually celebrate it. I suppose it'd be my first celebration of it. I'm wanting to start being more serious about my path, and using that as a starting date. Hopefully it'll go well..  

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:06 am
I think for many people it's the first time they're aware of it to the extent that they can observe it in some way wink  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:06 pm
I've been studying witchcraft for a while now, but I haven't been able to celebrate any holidays because my grandmother comes down around some of the good ones. If she ever finds out about my beliefs, she would have a heartattack and die right in front of me. I love her, but she doesn't have a very open mind about anything but her own thoughts and beliefs. I normally just buy a little pumpkin and make a tiny jack-o-lantern with a black candle inside. that's the most I can do while she's around. But she's not coming this year so I'm going all out.  

Emerald_Angel28

Tari_Leralonde

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:18 am
I won't be able to do as much as I wanted to for Samhain, because I'll be in Pennsylvania with my Jehovah's Witness relatives. But I think that since I'm going to be staying in a haunted house, I can honor that lost relative with a candle and a meditation after everyone has gone to sleep. What I love about this haunted house is the fact that even though it's super uberly creepy (only on the second floor. It's the second floor that's haunted. The first is just fine. And even on the second floor, it's only the two front rooms) it's like a comforting creepy, if that makes sense XD It kinda feels like there is a spirit there, but the spirit is just toodling around, minding it's own business, and has no intentions to harm anybody. ....but that doesn't stop me from hiding under my covers listening to Jack Johnson the first few nights I'm there hahahaha

As for my first Samhain celebration, I did a short self-dedication and then went trick-or-treating :3  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:21 am
Well, I'm not sure how the Greeks honored the harvest, so I'll probably just sacrifice some grain to Hera along with the milk, oats and such for the blessed fey of the land. I may leave a little for Hecate and pray a bit to Apollon for visions, and a bit for Hades and Personophe in their meeting, and ask Hera to bless their wedding(I think I'd call Hera Hera Gamos for straight weddings, and I'd think I'd call her to bless them, not sure though!) using the Celtic interpretation of the Holiday. I doubt the deathless Hellens will hate it if I honor my heritage by praying to them and honoring them as best I can provided I do a few rituals for them on their feast days as I discover them. Provided I remember to. At the very least, I'll try to light a candle for the Gods.  

Orchidsandfractals

*~Archives~* (BOS and resource room)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces