Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:38 am
OberFeldwebel
Watch it now, I think there's a difference between laptop and desktop drives.
I think the laptop drives are 2 1/2" plates and 9mm high. Desktop drives are 3 1/4" plates and I think a 1/2" high. Some are even 5 1/4" inch plates.

Same with the memory, but you probably know that.
Yeah, and I have to put a slot-loader into this SOB. I hate slot loaders. Can't play a mini-disk, and no force eject button. If I get a CD jammed, I have to reboot the whole computer, and hold down the mouse button. Anyhow, there's this site that sells parts out of scrapped computers, so that's where I'd get mine from. Buy a drive out of the same model I have, and it's certain to fit.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:24 am
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Watch it now, I think there's a difference between laptop and desktop drives.
I think the laptop drives are 2 1/2" plates and 9mm high. Desktop drives are 3 1/4" plates and I think a 1/2" high. Some are even 5 1/4" inch plates.

Same with the memory, but you probably know that.
Yeah, and I have to put a slot-loader into this SOB. I hate slot loaders. Can't play a mini-disk, and no force eject button. If I get a CD jammed, I have to reboot the whole computer, and hold down the mouse button. Anyhow, there's this site that sells parts out of scrapped computers, so that's where I'd get mine from. Buy a drive out of the same model I have, and it's certain to fit.

You have to get a slot loader?
... ********.  

OberFeldwebel

Maelthra Reloaded

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:55 pm
OberFeldwebel
Coool! What kind of motor?

http://www.armyrecognition.com/europe/Tchecoslovaquie/Bhana/Bahna_2005_Pictures_Gallery/pictures/GAZ_Jeep_UAZ-469_Bahna_2005_ArmyRecognition_01.JPG

Another thing that I'd like to sink money into.
I know I know, it's in Russia and I think that if I do get one I would have to buy it from there and ferry it across the ocean. Also parts would be a b***h.
This will probably be a 'if I won the lottery' kind of thing.

410ci Small block Mopar stroker. 4.00" Eagle crank, SCAT H-beam rods, Keith Black Pistons. Aiming for about 375hp on pump gas, 500ish on giggle gas. Gonna port and polish the stock cast iron heads, and run a somewhat nasty cam in it.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:15 am
Maelthra Reloaded
OberFeldwebel
Coool! What kind of motor?

http://www.armyrecognition.com/europe/Tchecoslovaquie/Bhana/Bahna_2005_Pictures_Gallery/pictures/GAZ_Jeep_UAZ-469_Bahna_2005_ArmyRecognition_01.JPG

Another thing that I'd like to sink money into.
I know I know, it's in Russia and I think that if I do get one I would have to buy it from there and ferry it across the ocean. Also parts would be a b***h.
This will probably be a 'if I won the lottery' kind of thing.

410ci Small block Mopar stroker. 4.00" Eagle crank, SCAT H-beam rods, Keith Black Pistons. Aiming for about 375hp on pump gas, 500ish on giggle gas. Gonna port and polish the stock cast iron heads, and run a somewhat nasty cam in it.

Ah, I'm not quite sure what's done to this one. I think it's pretty stock.

It's a 307, just a two barrel carb.
I want to get a 327 or a 350 for it.  

OberFeldwebel

Maelthra Reloaded

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:18 pm
OberFeldwebel

Looks to be in great shape at least.

And you don't want a small block. Face it, deep down you really want a 468ci big block. twisted 'Specially in that big car there, it needs the extra grunt.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:29 pm
Maelthra Reloaded
OberFeldwebel

Looks to be in great shape at least.

And you don't want a small block. Face it, deep down you really want a 468ci big block. twisted 'Specially in that big car there, it needs the extra grunt.

Hmm.
Like a 572?

Then I could be going, "AHHH! ******** YOU RICERS!" and ream them in a 4-door.
But of course if I slammed on the gas then I'd be peeling out for a half hour until I finally get traction.  

OberFeldwebel

Maelthra Reloaded

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:33 pm
...That would work too. cool

And 12" wide drag radials make for awesome traction. Might need to mini-tub the rear, but the trunks on those are MASSIVE and you wont be missing much.

Speaking of boats:

User Image

I'm hoping to inherit that when my mom looses interest in driving it/looses ability to drive it. Its got a 430 Big block in it now, my great-grandpa ordered it from the factory with the biggest engine that it could hold "Because he wanted to go fast." Should I manage to get it, I'm gonna make that engine as big as physically possible and put a 4-link, Narrowed 9" (31 spline shafts) and nice wide slicks out back (Its already got a Turbo 400 tranny, with a stage 2 shift kit and HD Torque converter it should hold up perfectly) and take it to the track when I'm not cruising it. I know my Great-Grandpa won't mind, considering both my mom and great grannie have said "He liked going fast" to me. rofl

User Image

Its a little sickly right now, I haven't had time to tune it since the carb got "Rebuilt" and it's been sitting in a barn for nearly a year and a half. sad  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:42 pm
Yeah I know I'll need bigger tires. lol

And the trunk, yeah, I could probably put 8-10 bodies in there. More if I pack them in like sardines.

So the car hasn't left the family?
... stock motor?

OberFeldwebel

Maelthra Reloaded

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:57 pm
Went from Great Grandpa to Mommy. Got a complete frame off resto a couple years back, but got neglected horribly for a while. sad

Stock motor with a rebuilt top end. Factory interior. Replaced the rear frame because it was cracked during a hard stop. Had new paint a couple years ago, got smacked by an old fart a couple years after and got redone again. Now it needs paint again because it was not properly rustproofed.

I want to restore it again, but I don't have the time or space yet...  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:20 am
OberFeldwebel
Then I could be going, "AHHH! ******** YOU RICERS!" and ream them in a 4-door.
But of course if I slammed on the gas then I'd be peeling out for a half hour until I finally get traction.
Done that. Smoked a ricer in an Olds '88 hauling a sleeper sofa in a trailer. mrgreen

Quote:
And the trunk, yeah, I could probably put 8-10 bodies in there. More if I pack them in like sardines.
More still if they're not all in one piece.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:52 am
Fresnel
Done that. Smoked a ricer in an Olds '88 hauling a sleeper sofa in a trailer. mrgreen

What year was or is that Olds '88?
... I want to get a '72, 4-door.
And when I do I want to drive it to Sam Raimi's house and lay on the horn.

Quote:

... good idea.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:47 pm
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

Quote:

... good idea.
'98, unfortunately. I have a luxury car, not a land yacht.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:14 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

Quote:

... good idea.

Ah, that's unfortunate.

Speaking of road boats, the Impala's horn is pretty p***y sounding.
I'm thinking of getting an airhorn from a ~39 and putting it in there.

You see the long black horns?
If you set those off inside a closed garage or in parking garage, I guarantee your ears will bleed. And anyone near you will s**t their pants.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:47 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

Quote:

... good idea.

Ah, that's unfortunate.

If you set those off inside a closed garage or in parking garage, I guarantee your ears will bleed. And anyone near you will s**t their pants.
That red one... is that an aooga horn?

User Image

If only.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:59 am
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

Quote:

... good idea.

Ah, that's unfortunate.

That red one... is that an aooga horn?

User Image

If only.

Yes, it's a ooga horn. That's for the kids that want to hear a horn and don't want to be deaf.

Rofl at the Buick vs Train.
Yeah, if only.
But I guess you'll have to settle with just getting a dent in your fender after hitting a cow/bear.  
Chatterbox/Humor

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff