Submit

Kinnei

5,650 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Informer 100
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:25 pm
lilartichoke
I voted with my head. And the statistics show that most 4-year college educated people voted for Obama.

I think if you are expecting Obama to be a knight in shining armour coming to sweep america off its feet and pluck us down in a fancy palace where every dream we've ever had is true- is simply unrealistic. But I'm not stupid and clearly the majority of america isn't either.

The problem is that your notion of thinking Obama is a knight in shining armor to deliver the American public from the mess we're in right now is exactly what many of the people who voted for him believe. I mean, look how much the American public has virtually deified him. The way I've seen people act regarding Obama, you'd think he was the Second Coming.

And I'd like to see where the "statistics" that most people with at least a four year college degree voted for Obama. I, myself, went through a six-and-a-half year program to get my Master's Degree and I voted for McCain. Am I a rich person looking to watch out for a "massive pile of money that I sleep on in my bed?" No. In fact, I'm poor, but that didn't stop me from voting for the man I feel would make a better President. And I find it offensive that you would indicate that I'm stupid by doing so.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:28 pm
supercalisto
Kinnei
Karma v2
Obama's got it!! (Thank god...)

I don't think you'll be saying that four years from now. Congrats to President-elect Obama, but I don't think he'll last more than one term. If he wants to have a chance at two terms, he's going to start saying that America's not going to be able to pull-off universal health care and "free" college to all B-average students without raising taxes for the middle class. The money he's expecting to from the upper-class use simply isn't there anymore. There's other promises he's made that I don't think he can fulfill (e.g. energy independence) and I think frankly, he's bit off way more than he can chew.

Now, I could be wrong, but I have a feeling that too many people voted with their hearts than with a combination of heart and head.

See I disgree with this I live in england and have lived in Canada where both have free health care for everyone. And it works well.

Hmm...most of friends from Canada actually would disagree with that. As single mothers, they've found getting health services for their children extremely difficult. They are quite angry with the state that Canada is in at the current time.  

Kinnei

5,650 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Informer 100
  • Befriended 100

lilartichoke

Wheezing Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:49 pm
gallup polls

Okay so I originally heard that on the news... so I went and looked at the polls. People who have postgraduate education preferred Obama over McCain... So did the 4 year degree people, but it was slight.

I'm sorry you are offended if you read into my words and felt stupid. I found it offensive that you may have implied that I voted thoughtlessly.

I honestly was a little torn between Obama and McCain when they won their nominations... It was only when Sarah Palin was plopped into the picture that I became disappointed with the Republican's desperate attempt to "stay in the race". They underestimated the people, thinking that it WAS a race issue... and they felt that people were really just yearning to see someone that wasn't a white man in office.

For you to say people voted without thought is offensive and downgrading how inspired Obama made people... And really that is how we should feel as people.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:55 pm
I don't think he is a knight in shining armor. I don't think he will be able to fix everything cause frankly we are in it deep.

However he seems to want to try to fix things.

And McCain's drop-dead scares me very much.  

Salmay
Captain

Kinnei

5,650 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Informer 100
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:35 pm
lilartichoke
gallup polls

Okay so I originally heard that on the news... so I went and looked at the polls. People who have postgraduate education preferred Obama over McCain... So did the 4 year degree people, but it was slight.

I'm sorry you are offended if you read into my words and felt stupid. I found it offensive that you may have implied that I voted thoughtlessly.

I honestly was a little torn between Obama and McCain when they won their nominations... It was only when Sarah Palin was plopped into the picture that I became disappointed with the Republican's desperate attempt to "stay in the race". They underestimated the people, thinking that it WAS a race issue... and they felt that people were really just yearning to see someone that wasn't a white man in office.

For you to say people voted without thought is offensive and downgrading how inspired Obama made people... And really that is how we should feel as people.

And I hope he can turn the country in the right direction. I'm sorry if I came across as suggesting that you voted thoughtlessly. I guess I shouldn't have posted for a few days, at least, to think out my words better. The defeat stings, you know?

Anyway, I'm happy to see someone other than a white man become President. I don't believe in the concept of races, and I hope this is a sign that most other people don't as well.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:18 pm
Oh Kinnei. I understand. I felt it 4 years ago.
Lol, but I wasn't so behind Kerry...

Salmay- *head nods*  

lilartichoke

Wheezing Prophet

Razin Frostdrake
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:56 pm
here's my view of it yes Obama may look like a knight in shining rmor, but i trust no politician, however i do expect them to (although halfassed) try to do what they said, and if he gets even a couple of the things he claimed he'd do done that'll be a huge improvement. i expect him to more than likely fail at getting things done or not even try some of them, but if he gets in enough of them things could get better, though if people look at him badly off the bat it'll all go down hill quick . . . simply put i haven't a clue of what'll happen, but i expect a small bit of what he said to happen, most of it to never happen, some of it to be voted against etc. I'm also wondering how the old timey racists will handle this, and i live in the south this'll be interesting. too many racists here.  
Gaiaholics Anonymous

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff