Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hey
  hi
View Results

0Moon_Maiden0

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:07 pm
^Indeed it is. I learned about that from the radio. They were joking about how Christmas stole Thanksgivings only song.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:05 am
Jingle bells is a Thanksgiving song you say?! eek
Thanksgiving music? What a mighty fine idea! Do I smell a contest? rolleyes
CHristmas deco is always directly across the Halloween deco in stores around here. I don't like it at all! I think it's pushy and imposes on my dandy Halloween spirit. They'll try to be slick sometimes too by putting a reindeer headband on the Halloween side and I just move that back to where it really belongs. stare
While I know that Christmas often overrides any Thanksgiving ornaments and shows it's green and red face the day after Halloween, I honestly think the financial crisis somewhat adds to it. People thinking they might not have any job to finance presents in a month might make some people rush out for gifts and decorations now, while they can. Anyone somewhat agree? neutral

AdrianaKitten

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:34 pm
@Adriana kitty
I heard a few people at work saying their cuting down on gifts as well. Some people aren't gonna spend as much as they normally do b/c of the prices. And then again, a friend was saying how she's waiting for events like Black friday to come around to go on her christmas shopping spree. Sounds like Black Friday might be one of those best times (and busier times) to get gifts.
^_^'

@Leona
Wow....jingle bells? Really?
But I wonder how that fits though. I always though 'jingle bells' was like the raindeers bells on the sleight or something like that. So the song was referring to them. Unless you mean, the song lyrics is christmas but actually the song was orginally made with different lyrics for halloween? ^_^ That's interesting though!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:29 pm
The stores around where I live have had Christmas stuff up since a week before Halloween. I don't mind, it's my favorite holiday. heart The local radio stations don't start with the music until after Thanksgiving though (unless they're doing something different this year.)  

palindrome88

VampressLeona

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:15 pm
Moonlight_HuangHou

@Leona
Wow....jingle bells? Really?
But I wonder how that fits though. I always though 'jingle bells' was like the raindeers bells on the sleight or something like that. So the song was referring to them. Unless you mean, the song lyrics is christmas but actually the song was orginally made with different lyrics for halloween? ^_^ That's interesting though!

ah no if you pay attention to the song it talks about the sleigh that you are ridding in. Its more about traveling through the scenery in a one horse open sleigh (like romantically, they do that around the holidays) there is no mention of Christmas in that song. It was originally made for thanksgiving but they just attach it onto christmas  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:29 am
icic... well, but we still celebrate xmas anyway xD and im looking forward to tt!!  

Fate-J

Yllirion

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:01 am
This is so weird, first I enter here and there is nobody here and then suddenly everyone is here and they are all dressed up in a different way.
It's so fun to see you again.

To the topic then ^^
Well here I haven't seen a sign of Christmas yet and I'm not sure of what too give and what to buy to people and also to how many people.
Here in the other side of the earth in the deep cold mountains and deep forest . We don't celebrate thanksgiving. we have a similar here but it's a goose instead. I don't celebrate it

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:36 am
@Leona
Oh! Like back then they had carriages. o_o! Wow...I never knew that.

@Yllirion
Cold? All this time I thought you were from Puerto Rico. Whoops. Wonder where I got that from. sweatdrop

@J
Christmas! I'm a little excited for it this year for some reason. ^^  

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

Aqira

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:09 am
Oh my. You all look great ^^
Well I have been in Japan for some week ago and then I was in the moutains of France and there we had a Halloween event and it was fun. I haven't seen much x-mas stuff or things like that. But I hope for a white Christmas.
Me and my brother are going to celebrate it together <3  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:32 am
Christmas is starting to take effect on me......

I was just walking back to my room from my last class and I realized I was singing "Silent Night." Not loud enough for everyone to though. sweatdrop  

0Moon_Maiden0

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:24 pm
Aqira
Oh my. You all look great ^^
Well I have been in Japan for some week ago and then I was in the moutains of France and there we had a Halloween event and it was fun. I haven't seen much x-mas stuff or things like that. But I hope for a white Christmas.
Me and my brother are going to celebrate it together <3
Your avi is very lovely too aquira.
And france? That must be nice. ^_^ Are you vacationing in the winter?
I hope for a white chrismas too. It would be really nice here. ^-^ We always get it before or after christmas. Rarely does it snow exactly on christmas. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:26 pm
0Moon_Maiden0
Christmas is starting to take effect on me......

I was just walking back to my room from my last class and I realized I was singing "Silent Night." Not loud enough for everyone to though. sweatdrop
Silent NIght! ^_^ I know that song. hehe
Well looks like I;m not the only one feeling it already this year. 3nodding
I really can't wait for it for some reason...although I'm not sure what I'll ask my parents for. I think I know what everyone else will get me already though. ^^  

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas