Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Otherkin and Therians Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

r u an otherkin/therian?
  Yes! >^.^<
  no... :P
View Results

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:37 pm
Quote:
Ha-ha! I am Lina Inverse in a three-dimensional, non-animated body! Fear me!

rofl rofl rofl
You are AWESOME.

Looking at the sort of definition of "therian" Sweet refers to, I do think that people are linked to animals. But I think all people are linked to particular animals to a greater or lesser degree, so that would make us all therians. wink  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:49 am
as for the whole comment on a free spirit choosing to be trapped in a human form you have t remeber that they cannot experience the things we humans take for granted like eating, drinking, tasting, feeling, etc. at least from the standpoint of an elemental they are purely energetic in make up so watching humans in the sensuous lives would be rather enticing.  

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100

Lotus Poem

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:03 pm
I have issues with the whole Otherkin trend myself. It's impossible to prove or disprove so anyone can say they are without any sort of responsibility or accountability. Also it does seem to be lingering in the past and escaping from one's present life which definitely won't help you in future ones. When I was little people told me I must have been a cat in a past life b/c I HATE to get my face wet. I still do. Oh well I might have been a cat, that doesn't mean I try to act like a cat now.

There's also another group of otherkin who propose that they are biologically different from humans. That sometime in their ancestry there was interbreeding between humans and some supernatural beings. This is a common theme in several cultures. Selkis and the Fae were said to have bred with humans for instance. My Great Grandmother used to tell me that we had fairy blood in us that's why our family was so small and other traits. When I was a child I loved that story but after awhile I realized that true or false it's really nothing more than a good story now.

I guess like others I'm jaded by the masses of adolescent RPers who seem to have taken things a step too far. I wish people could see themselves as special for who they are not who they wish they were. As humans we are beautiful, vibrant, powerful creatures and I wish more people could see that.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:18 pm
Quote:
too2sweet:
Quote:
now just so everyone's clear on wat i mean here, a THERIAN is an earthly being (like a wolf) in a human body. an OTHERKIN is a person who was a magickal being (like a dragon) in a past life, or is a magickal being in a human body. Im reincarnated from a mermaid. if i was a therian, then i would probably do the kind of things Sanguina-chan talks about.

According to otherkin.net: Otherkin is a collective noun for an assortment of people who have come to the somewhat unorthodox, and possibly quite bizarre, conclusion that they identify themselves as being something other than human....

Which means that you currently think that you are something other than human. It has nothing to do with what you were in a past life. Also when it comes to Wicca specifically - reincarnation is a core belief, but the belief is that we always reincarnate as humans - not otherkin or even animals for that matter. Obviously there are other paths/religions out there that believe differently (such as Buddhism, but I can honestly say that there aren't any that I know of who believe that we are otherkin. As a Past Life Regression Therapist, I can say that over the years I have never encountered anyone who claimed to be anything other than human in a past life.

According to WikiFur.com: Therians are people who believe that they have an intrinsic, personal, and integral connection to (an) animal(s). That is to say that part of their core being is animal, be it spiritually, mentally, et cetera. Unlike furry lifestylers, therians do not try to outwardly project their animalistic nature, nor do they choose the animal side they are inherently born with.

Note that it says Therians do not try to project their animalistic nature.

well, i appologize then. another guild misled me with information, and i havent found any very informative sites wen i attempted to do research. im sorry if i upset or offended anyone.

Aryain Flames

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:44 pm
Quote:

well, i appologize then. another guild misled me with information, and i havent found any very informative sites wen i attempted to do research. im sorry if i upset or offended anyone.

Oh, we're not upset ^_^ It's just a common enough thing that people tend to get a bit irritated when the subject comes up. I've been in a guild or two where every damn member claims to be an otherkin of some kind and I had to quit the guild to avoid apoplexy xd  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:19 pm
Quote:

There's also another group of otherkin who propose that they are biologically different from humans. That sometime in their ancestry there was interbreeding between humans and some supernatural beings. This is a common theme in several cultures. Selkis and the Fae were said to have bred with humans for instance. My Great Grandmother used to tell me that we had fairy blood in us that's why our family was so small and other traits. When I was a child I loved that story but after awhile I realized that true or false it's really nothing more than a good story now.

Now even that, I might have an easier time believing (especially in the cases you mentioned), but as was also mentioned it shouldn't be something that makes you change the way you live or try to say that you are one. Just because my great-great grandma was full blooded Cherokee (not a mythical being I know blaugh ), doesn't mean that I am. Sort of the same thing.  

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

doistu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:26 am
Whats wrong with being human!!??

We're at the top of the food chain!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:35 pm
Quote:
doistu:Whats wrong with being human!!??

We're at the top of the food chain!

You think that, just go to the jungle. You'll get eaten sooner or later.  

mechanical kitsy
Crew

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:47 pm
humans have it pretty good dont we, while were on the topic of otherkin and the like what say you about indigo children? fact, fiction, or f@í up?I am one and have known for a number of years but i want to see others reactions.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:56 pm
The idea of Indigo Children is pretty disturbing to me. The fact that parents who have special needs children are convinced into believing that their kids are really super-gifted, "unique" kids with powers rather than in actuality children with autism or similar is quite disgusting. The kids are left untreated when early detection and treatment could make a big difference in years to come neutral All because they're supposedly gifted and mystic children. Ugh.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

vesta_vesves_star

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:03 pm
Quote:

Thus you should spend the majority of each day in the ocean, eat only seafoods, bind your legs together, bathe only in salt water, and so forth. I assume you do these things?

I know I should keep this to myself but my mind just went bad places when I read that statement. gonk

Either way it is annoying when people make all these claims to be other beings. I think it's a childhood phase to believe in these sorts of things. I mean without it how would we have that magical "you know you're a fluffy if..." lists.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:17 pm
Quote:
WitchyBoy:humans have it pretty good dont we, while were on the topic of otherkin and the like what say you about indigo children? fact, fiction, or f@í up?I am one and have known for a number of years but i want to see others reactions.

im slightly clairvoyant and can "feel" people's emotions (helps me to know when people are lying), but no indigo child.  

mechanical kitsy
Crew

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:25 am
What is sort of weird is that I had always thought that my oldest was an indigo (not my youngest...who is autistic). When I first heard about indigos, I never heard it in conjunction with special needs kids. To know that that is what it "evolved" in to is sad, and as Vi said scary. To think that parents wouldn't get their kids help... gonk  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:30 pm
Ultraviolett1127
Quote:

I would if not everyone claimed to be one.

Agreed.
Maybe it's just the forums here, but I feel like out of every 8 teens I come across, at least 1 of them is claiming to be some sort of magickal super galactic elf mage soul trapped in a human body.

LMAO! im so gonna use that one day! "stop acting like a magickal super galactic elf mage sould trapped in a human body u simpleton!!" that just made my morning! thanx! xD  

Dellanora

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:58 pm
too2sweet
What is sort of weird is that I had always thought that my oldest was an indigo (not my youngest...who is autistic). When I first heard about indigos, I never heard it in conjunction with special needs kids. To know that that is what it "evolved" in to is sad, and as Vi said scary. To think that parents wouldn't get their kids help... gonk

well i was brought in for testing and found "clean" so i know im not special needs but i also know im indigo.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games