Submit

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:08 pm
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
Man of the Demoneye
You think that all these people buying guns and ammo has an impact on the economy? You know, that really important system that is in the crapper because there is les stuff getting sold? How much revinue would you think is in the gun/hunting market?

So this is Obama's plan to stimulate the economy? Brilliant, if sinister.

He's probably still going, "If we ban guns, more people will die, and with the inheritance tax we would get even more money."
Not to mention all the CSI, PD, EMT, and hospital jobs it helps create. 3nodding

Yeah I'll have to get some mil surp ammo in can quantities.
Both 7.62x39 and 7.62x54R.
I guess I should check out how much a can quantity for Wolf .45 Auto is.

Hmm, not clear of whether the 500 or 1000 is a can quantity.
... in either case I can't afford the 1,000 right now.
Anyway, I could get 300-400 rnds and put them in one of the fat .30 or .50 cal boxes that I have.
Just need to get some silica gel s**t or something.

Also, since it's winter and I don't feel like screwing around with firearms that I'm not going to use for a while, is there any kind of grease that I can coat them in that will prevent rust longer than just oil?
Cosmoline.

The Russians use it, it MUST work.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:18 pm
OberFeldwebel

Anyway, I could get 300-400 rnds and put them in one of the fat .30 or .50 cal boxes that I have.

Also, since it's winter and I don't feel like screwing around with firearms that I'm not going to use for a while, is there any kind of grease that I can coat them in that will prevent rust longer than just oil?

CCI Blazer Brass is the cheapest .45acp $15 for a box of 50 at my local Wal-mart.

Your ammo cans aren't air-tight? Mine has a rubber lining on the inside of the lid that seals it.  

Freak_090
Captain

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:19 pm
Freak_090
OberFeldwebel

CCI Blazer Brass is the cheapest .45acp $15 for a box of 50 at my local Wal-mart.

Your ammo cans aren't air-tight? Mine has a rubber lining on the inside of the lid that seals it.

Oh, mine are air tight. But uh, wouldn't the silica absorb the air that's inside after it's sealed?
Also, what about the moisture?

Well, of course Cosmoline but where the hell would I get it?

Well I found one.
It's one dollar an ounce.

http://www.midwayusa.com/rewriteaproduct/267557

I'm trying to figure how many ounces I would need for most of my rifles.

Are there any other places? I looked on google but couldn't find s**t.
I found everything on Cosmoline Removal, but nothing that I already didn't know.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:43 am
Well, I'm ********, then. I can't get anything until next August. Come that time, if I've got the money, and given it's still LEGAL to buy one, I'm getting a shotgun.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:11 pm
Well, I found out.

That site my dad thought was Gunobama, it's actually gunbanobama.com

Anyway;

* Obama voted to ban almost all rifle ammunition commonly used for hunting and sports shooting. (United States Senate, vote no. 217, S. 397, July 29, 2005)
* Obama voted to uphold local gun bans and the criminal prosecution of people who use firearms in self-defense. (Illinois Senate, SB 2165, vote 20, March 25, 2004)
* In his only two votes on confirming Supreme Court nominees, Obama voted against two of the five justices (Chief Justice Roberts and Justice Samuel Alito) who later affirmed an individual right to keep and bear arms in the case of District of Columbia v. Heller.

??? <********.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:11 pm
OberFeldwebel
Well, I found out.

* In his only two votes on confirming Supreme Court nominees, Obama voted against two of the five justices (Chief Justice Roberts and Justice Samuel Alito) who later affirmed an individual right to keep and bear arms in the case of District of Columbia v. ******** class="clear">

I don't get the last one, it seems pretty rational to vote against someone working towards a goal other than ones own party.  

exploding-waffles

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:56 pm
exploding-waffles
OberFeldwebel
Well, I found out.

* In his only two votes on confirming Supreme Court nominees, Obama voted against two of the five justices (Chief Justice Roberts and Justice Samuel Alito) who later affirmed an individual right to keep and bear arms in the case of District of Columbia v. ******** class="clear">

I don't get the last one, it seems pretty rational to vote against someone working towards a goal other than ones own party.

Seems as though he voted against them because they supported the right to bear arms.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:29 am
OberFeldwebel
I heard that Obama might tax the s**t out of ammunition.
Is that true?

Also, since all of the hunters that I know are white, wouldn't this be a bit of "I'm getting back at whitey." s**t?

sadly, yes, obama is gonna tax the living hell out of ammo. also, ive heard he is going to ban AR-15's completely. and about the 'getting back at whitey" for gods sake-that was HUNDREDS of years ago!!! so get your AR's now before you cant get them!  

-IRyouI-

Barru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:49 am
Ryou1993
OberFeldwebel
I heard that Obama might tax the s**t out of ammunition.
Is that true?

Also, since all of the hunters that I know are white, wouldn't this be a bit of "I'm getting back at whitey." s**t?

sadly, yes, obama is gonna tax the living hell out of ammo. also, ive heard he is going to ban AR-15's completely. and about the 'getting back at whitey" for gods sake-that was HUNDREDS of years ago!!! so get your AR's now before you cant get them!

Besides, I don't think any of the slavers are alive anymore anyhow.

... my family wasn't even in the states at that time.
They were all in Ireland, Italy and Germany at the time... I think.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:07 pm
If ARs are banned come February, and I have a stripped lower, what are the chances I could complete the gun?  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Barru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:20 pm
Fresnel
If ARs are banned come February, and I have a stripped lower, what are the chances I could complete the gun?

What are the chances of Jessica Simpson winning best supporting actor?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:51 pm
Fresnel
Well, to be technical, the rest of the parts aren't considered a firearm. So you should still be able ot get them readily. IF they are not sold out by that time thanks to everyone else beating you to them.  

uryu ishida

Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces