Yay
  Nay
View Results

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:07 pm
war_junky 91
OberFeldwebel
Question, could a 9mm even go through a Spartan shield?

Spartan shields were a quater to half an inch of cast bronze, so i would say probably not, the fact that bronze is flexible would just help absord the impact of the bullets.
Yea, and I don't even think the .45 ACP version would penetrate without armor-piercing bullets.

It sounds like this Kyle is just another ghetto ***** bullshitting about something he doesn't understand.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:15 pm
Think about it this way, even if you did shoot through the shields, by the time you reloaded you would be able to stand upright without the use of your legs.  

Man of the Demoneye

Sanguine Fox

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:04 pm
Kyle needs to be taken out of the gene pool...
Back alley vasectomy for him.

Watch him bring up the AK47, or the Desert Eagle, next.

And, as much as I think Chief is awesome, he'd be really hard pressed to take one of those down without a rocket launcher, or even with a Spartan Laser.
I'd say he'd manage it with a tank, but then there's the issue of how fast he can target and fire on the Deathwing before it fires back on him.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:29 pm
Puff the magic dragon would wreck an army of spartans. "We dont care if you fight in the shade we'll, blow the living ******** out of you with our miniguns!"  

Teh Emo Squirrel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:36 pm
Teh Emo Squirrel
Puff the magic dragon would wreck an army of spartans. "We dont care if you fight in the shade we'll, blow the living ******** out of you with our miniguns!"
Jesse Ventura could take an army of Spartans.

User Image

Same reason.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:59 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
But he couldent beat him...  

Teh Emo Squirrel

war_junky 91

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:44 pm
I ******** lol'd. I love this guild so much xp heart blaugh xd 4laugh rofl  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:14 pm
Teh Emo Squirrel
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
But he couldent beat him...
Spartans aren't invisible.

Unless they pick up active camouflage.

OTHER POSSIBLE JOKE:

Spartans don't have barrel shrouds.

User Image  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Teh Emo Squirrel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:37 pm
User Image
Yeah, I went there..  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:03 pm
war_junky 91
OberFeldwebel
Question, could a 9mm even go through a Spartan shield?

Spartan shields were a quater to half an inch of cast bronze, so i would say probably not, the fact that bronze is flexible would just help absord the impact of the bullets.
I'd still like to test it with canister shot. biggrin  

Rommel_Desert_Fox

Anima_Raptor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:51 pm
A Spartan sheild ight be able to take a 9mm... but im sure anything bigger (or pointier) then that would go right through...

Now how about another question; pit those same 300 Spartans against a squad of SEALS... even match?

And btw, Hunt for the Red October is a badass book. Loved it from beginning to end. ^__^  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:45 pm
Anima_Raptor
A Spartan sheild ight be able to take a 9mm... but im sure anything bigger (or pointier) then that would go right through...

Now how about another question; pit those same 300 Spartans against a squad of SEALS... even match?

And btw, Hunt for the Red October is a badass book. Loved it from beginning to end. ^__^
The movie was a little boring, but still a good movie. I'll have to make a point of getting the book some day. My reading queue is kinda full at the moment. I'm working on finishing one of my grandpas Mack Bolan books then I'm going to read my Splinter Cell book that just came in, after that I spotted U-571 so I'll probably read that too. It's gonna take some time though. I've been working on this Mack Bolan book for like a week and I'm only 100 pages in. Obviously I'm not much of a reader.  

Rommel_Desert_Fox

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:33 am
Rommel_Desert_Fox
Anima_Raptor

The movie was a little boring, but still a good movie. I'll have to make a point of getting the book some day. My reading queue is kinda full at the moment. I'm working on finishing one of my grandpas Mack Bolan books then I'm going to read my Splinter Cell book that just came in, after that I spotted U-571 so I'll probably read that too. It's gonna take some time though. I've been working on this Mack Bolan book for like a week and I'm only 100 pages in. Obviously I'm not much of a reader.
The Red October book was horrible. It took me three or four YEARS to get bored enough to chug through Chapter 5. So ******** boring I couldn't stay focused and read it, but I didn't want to skip it because I felt I'd be missing something.

And then I went on to read the entire Op-Center and Net Force series.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:18 pm
Fresnel
Rommel_Desert_Fox
Anima_Raptor

The Red October book was horrible. It took me three or four YEARS to get bored enough to chug through Chapter 5. So ******** boring I couldn't stay focused and read it, but I didn't want to skip it because I felt I'd be missing something.

Really? I loved Red October, but that may have just been because i was already ******** nuts over it just from the movie. I've read most of the other "main storyline" books. Haven't splintered off into the netforce stuff yet.  

war_junky 91

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:59 pm
war_junky 91
Fresnel
Rommel_Desert_Fox
Anima_Raptor

Really? I loved Red October, but that may have just been because i was already ******** nuts over it just from the movie. I've read most of the other "main storyline" books. Haven't splintered off into the netforce stuff yet.
I haven't read any of the Jack Ryan books other than Red October, but I've read most of the other storylines (except the Power Plays stuff). Net Force was hilarious at times, especially when the guys in the military wing make fun of their CO for carrying a Thompson and a wheelgun into battle when everyone else is using polymer.

Op Center ******** pissed me off when they killed off half the cast. Wanted to strangle Tom Clancy for that one.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff