7.62 Reloaded Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Barru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:12 pm
Fresnel
Apparently, this is being released in the US by 1C in June '08 September '08 December '08 Early '09.

Ah, delays.
Yeah... just wait.

They'll change it to late '09 (Around Christmas).  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:45 pm
Barru
Fresnel
Apparently, this is being released in the US by 1C in June '08 September '08 December '08 Early '09.

Ah, delays.
Yeah... just wait.

Found more info. It's now been postponed until June '09 further notice.

Asshats. How ******** long does it take to translate the game from Russian to English? It was done freelance in under a month!  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:14 pm
Fresnel
Barru
Fresnel

Ah, delays.
Yeah... just wait.

Asshats. How ******** long does it take to translate the game from Russian to English? It was done freelance in under a month!

Translation shouldn't take too long, if the voice actors, if they have them, speak English as well. But if it's all text it shouldn't be too bad, unless for whatever reason, all the English speaking Russians got exported.

Also I think there's some retardedly huge hurdles that they have to jump over to be marketed in the US or elsewhere.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:52 pm
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
Barru
Fresnel

Ah, delays.
Yeah... just wait.

Translation shouldn't take too long, if the voice actors, if they have them, speak English as well. But if it's all text it shouldn't be too bad, unless for whatever reason, all the English speaking Russians got exported.

Also I think there's some retardedly huge hurdles that they have to jump over to be marketed in the US or elsewhere.

I heard the main problem is that in Russia, if you don't like a game, you can't return it for any reason. So they don't bother debugging. Now they have to do that. Why it's taking them TWO YEARS to debug this, I have no idea.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:15 am
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
Barru
Fresnel

Ah, delays.
Yeah... just wait.

I heard the main problem is that in Russia, if you don't like a game, you can't return it for any reason. So they don't bother debugging. Now they have to do that. Why it's taking them TWO YEARS to debug this, I have no idea.

eek
... can't return ********' hell.
Well, since we can't return video games after they're opened I guess it's not all that different.
But I'm sure if you b***h and complain they might give you store credit or something, although I do know that if the 'disk is damaged' or the 'my version is the old buggy one' they'll let you exchange for a new disk.

Just do the exchange, ask for a receipt 'in case the ******** up happens again' and trade it in at a different store location.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:27 pm
Bump from the firey depths of hell and the past.
Linky: http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-762/762-high-calibre
From what i'm reading down in the comments its a better game if you install an unofficial patch, it has its bugs still even though. Wont stop me from trying it out though.  

war_junky 91

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:11 pm
war_junky 91
Bump from the firey depths of hell and the past.
Linky: http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-762/762-high-calibre
From what i'm reading down in the comments its a better game if you install an unofficial patch, it has its bugs still even though. Wont stop me from trying it out though.
Yeah, I played the UK translation... they changed all the grenade ammo to "40mm", but all the launchers take "40 миллиметр" ammo. The Masterkey and RPG-7 had similar problems... the ammo existed, but the game didn't realize that the ammo and gun went together. There was also a missing bit somewhere that made one bandit in most random encounters unarmed, meaning he would run away from you, and until you caught him you couldn't exit the encounter.

I kind of want to re-install it again... I've got to get around to actually doing that.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:29 pm
in soviet russia, video game return you  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff