Say Hello To My Little Friend... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Siofra Da`Halbria

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:50 pm
Gypsy Blue
My room mates and I got a hamster last month (just a genereic one) to help excite our college student lives. Unfortunately, I think the poor creature is brain dead. So it was aptly named Gir (How I love Invader Zim!). What you need to do is get Sergei a ball, then let him run loose in it. We do it daily with Gir just to watch him run into things, like walls, repeatedly. He has yet to figure out that he cannot go through these things.

lol. cute. I am probably buy him one tomorrow, since I get paid tomorrow. I need to buy him a suction-cup water bottle, since he lives in an aquarium. The one he has is made for a wire cage, so the lid doesn't close very well.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:52 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
WebenBanu
Nihilistic Seraph
Aww, I'd want to cuddle him, but I'd be scared that he'd be as savage as the lovebird we found in our backyard.

Yeah, he would.^_^ Hamsters in general- but especially the dwarf breeds- tend to be paranoid and defensive. It's hard not to be, when you're that tiny and just about everything else in your natural environment eats you. Their instincts are usually just too big for them to overcome- I've only met one Russian Dwarf that was actually a nice critter.^_^'

Good luck with Sergie, Siofra! Hey, maybe you could build a cardboard maze and see how long it takes him to get through it?^_^ I would totally do that if I had a hamster again.
I'm also allergic to most animals with fur, so hamster is no-go for me xp

Which I guess makes it a good thing that I really like birds. If crows weren't so messy, I'd probably have one right now

My sister has Hermit Crabs. They don't cause allergic reactions.  

Siofra Da`Halbria

Siofra Da`Halbria

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:55 pm
WebenBanu
Gypsy Blue
What you need to do is get Sergei a ball, then let him run loose in it. We do it daily with Gir just to watch him run into things, like walls, repeatedly. He has yet to figure out that he cannot go through these things.

He may not be quite as brain-dead as you think.^_~ I had a hamster who would ram her ball into things as hard as she could, until the plastic was flexed and the top popped off. Then she'd get out and run around the house until we realized that she was loose, and had to find her.^_^' Hamsters are escape artists.

lol. cute.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:52 pm
I bought him a hamster ball, some vitamin drops, and a new water bottle today. He's rolling around in the ball right now. So cute!  

Siofra Da`Halbria

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 7:35 am
Siofra Da`Halbria
Nihilistic Seraph
WebenBanu
Nihilistic Seraph
Aww, I'd want to cuddle him, but I'd be scared that he'd be as savage as the lovebird we found in our backyard.

Yeah, he would.^_^ Hamsters in general- but especially the dwarf breeds- tend to be paranoid and defensive. It's hard not to be, when you're that tiny and just about everything else in your natural environment eats you. Their instincts are usually just too big for them to overcome- I've only met one Russian Dwarf that was actually a nice critter.^_^'

Good luck with Sergie, Siofra! Hey, maybe you could build a cardboard maze and see how long it takes him to get through it?^_^ I would totally do that if I had a hamster again.
I'm also allergic to most animals with fur, so hamster is no-go for me xp

Which I guess makes it a good thing that I really like birds. If crows weren't so messy, I'd probably have one right now

My sister has Hermit Crabs. They don't cause allergic reactions.
Can you have fun with crabs the way you can with birds? I have a turtle also, he pretty much just sits around and gets excited when I feed him.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:05 pm
lol. hermits like to move around at night. but you can play with them too.  

Siofra Da`Halbria

Witken

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:33 pm
whee I love your hampsters name! He is adorable.

Who I really feel sorry for are the fishes. That has to be THE most boring way of life known to lives. All I know is, if I were a fish, I would commit harry carry on the spot. Now if I were freed from the constrains of a tank, then that would be a different story.

... oh fish.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:35 pm
Witken
whee I love your hampsters name! He is adorable.

Who I really feel sorry for are the fishes. That has to be THE most boring way of life known to lives. All I know is, if I were a fish, I would commit harry carry on the spot. Now if I were freed from the constrains of a tank, then that would be a different story.

... oh fish.

Our fish (a betta) named "Alister" used to be really active. But recently he's been almost completely motionless at the top of the water in the tank in one corner. But he's not dead. If you tap the glass, he'll move a bit. And if you feed him, he goes nuts! But after all that, he'll just return to that corner and float there for the next few hours or so. I wish I knew why. confused  

STLeeJay

Rioto_Kish

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:58 am
Oh, you're hamster is SO cute! *pats Sergei on the head* He's goregeous!
blaugh heart  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces