Reply Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer
doesn't feel like twilight anymore Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jellycones

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:49 pm
The only thing I don't like is that everywhere you look, every other commercial....every bus that goes by, is alllll twilight. haha. i mean it is great, but come on...  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:25 pm
coldfrenzy
i don't know if there's already been a topic on this

or if anyone agrees with me on this;

but ever since Twilight became popular and everyone started reading it [don't get me wrong, i love that there's new twilighters] and the movie came out and everything, Twilight just doesn't have the same mood or feeling that it used to have for me. It almost feels like the essence changed a bit. Like it doesn't feel like Twilight anymore. I'm just stating my pointless thoughts sweatdrop
Does anyone else feel this way?

it just doesn't feel the same. all the wrong things got blown up and that's how twilight is perceived by many. nothing really gets old if the wrong ideas aren't put in it.  

CiNnA vAniLLa

Gaian

Glitterbean

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:25 pm
Nothing's really changed for me. Even when the fanbase was relatively small, even before the movie, there were always people who misunderstood the characters or hated the book without reading it. Twilight's newfound fame has brought with it more people who get Twilight and more people who don't, so nothing's really changed. It's just the same thing on a bigger scale.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:19 pm
coldfrenzy
Eerie_Whisperer
god, its been like that for me for a while now. pretty much since i read breaking dawn. i loved twilight, new moon grew on me and eclipse was good. but breaking dawn ruined it for me. then i went to go see the movie and it was juts.. horrible. the part with edward sparkling was so b-movie and yeah. they messed up on a couple of parts that they really shouldnt have.
overall, im just not the same twilight fan i once was. like when i first joined this guild.

same here!
I was extremely disappointed with Breaking Dawn, I guess that's because all the exciting action with the volturi and Victoria was out of the way. But Things have just changed in the Twilight fanbase completely.
And I agree about the movie. They changed things and left stuff out that was spoken [that is used later in the series] that really didn't have to be left out or changed. Like you said. And the movie just gives the new-comers a totally different view on the series.
And i don't want to sound selfish or rude or whatever. But it's like Twilight is a trend now.

I feel the same way. I started reading twilight before it was "big." My close friends and i all read it and talked about it like crazy. People would always give us confused looks. (Our school was very small so everyone knew what we talked about.) Now all of those people are reading twilight. It has been like that since breaking dawn for me too. Although i still think that breaking dawn is a good book, it doesn't do justice to the rest of the series. The movie and how big it really became kind of ruined it for me. I'm kind of sad/mad about that.  

Sam68xoxo

CiNnA vAniLLa

Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:03 am
Sam68xoxo
coldfrenzy
Eerie_Whisperer
god, its been like that for me for a while now. pretty much since i read breaking dawn. i loved twilight, new moon grew on me and eclipse was good. but breaking dawn ruined it for me. then i went to go see the movie and it was juts.. horrible. the part with edward sparkling was so b-movie and yeah. they messed up on a couple of parts that they really shouldnt have.
overall, im just not the same twilight fan i once was. like when i first joined this guild.

same here!
I was extremely disappointed with Breaking Dawn, I guess that's because all the exciting action with the volturi and Victoria was out of the way. But Things have just changed in the Twilight fanbase completely.
And I agree about the movie. They changed things and left stuff out that was spoken [that is used later in the series] that really didn't have to be left out or changed. Like you said. And the movie just gives the new-comers a totally different view on the series.
And i don't want to sound selfish or rude or whatever. But it's like Twilight is a trend now.

I feel the same way. I started reading twilight before it was "big." My close friends and i all read it and talked about it like crazy. People would always give us confused looks. (Our school was very small so everyone knew what we talked about.) Now all of those people are reading twilight. It has been like that since breaking dawn for me too. Although i still think that breaking dawn is a good book, it doesn't do justice to the rest of the series. The movie and how big it really became kind of ruined it for me. I'm kind of sad/mad about that.

so it's kinda like a fashion trend right now.. twilight is the skinny jeans of the moment. it just got blown out of proportion that it lost its essence.
like amy winehouse.. crying  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:51 pm
Yeah its crazy. I think that the big issue for me is that its a fad. Just like everybody one this peace sign and "green" thing(which is a whole other issue with me, come on people if your going to by the stuff why not at least live it too). Your cool if you have it and know it. I love that there are more people out there that love Twilight, I just wish it wasn't artifical.

lost_smile

Revenging Mistress

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:37 pm
I read it over the summer of this year when it was popular, but not how it is right now. I loved it, and when I told my friends to read it they didn't want to or didn't feel like it. Now that it's popular, my friends all want to borrow my books and stuff. All but one of my friends wanted to read it because they like the movie. And some others wanted to read it because 'Edward's SOOO sexy!!!!' stare They didn't even know the actors name. It gets me...frustrated.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:02 pm
they have become mindless zombies following a trend they do not quite understand.
the horror...
i wish it was more "i actually like this book", instead of "i liked the movie and i want everything about it now"  

CiNnA vAniLLa

Gaian

papershelf i c i c l e s

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:06 pm
i do feel like that, but i think its more cause of breaking dawn, not cuz of the popularity. but the thing with the popularity is that the crowd is getting younger---i saw a girl in about grade four was reading the book. abit too young, my opinion. like really, not even puberty level really.
and the movie totalyy sucked, just completely turning off the books for me. personally, ive started to ignore that there were sequels and am jsut believing that twas tweilight, no more, no less.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:32 am
Eerie_Whisperer
i do feel like that, but i think its more cause of breaking dawn, not cuz of the popularity. but the thing with the popularity is that the crowd is getting younger---i saw a girl in about grade four was reading the book. abit too young, my opinion. like really, not even puberty level really.
and the movie totalyy sucked, just completely turning off the books for me. personally, ive started to ignore that there were sequels and am jsut believing that twas tweilight, no more, no less.

good lord. a fourth grader. surely that kid would want to finish the series and has to go through breaking dawn.... i dont wanna think about it. neutral eek  

CiNnA vAniLLa

Gaian

Emo Oompa Loompa

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:48 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I can see what you mean!

!!!!! heart I LOVE JASPER HALE heart !!!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:43 pm
I agree. I also am extremely disappointed in Breaking Dawn which, in my opinion{ You can still have yours so don't argue with me on mine} seemed like some badly written fan fiction, and as a result I haven't had any desire to read the books again since. Like Eerie_Whisperer I think I'm going to wind up ignoring the sequels, at least Breaking Dawn.

And though I found the movie to be ok as I was expecting stuff to be different or missing, plus I think they saved Carlisle's story for the next movie because it involves the Volturi if I remember correctly, what I can't stand are the people who have only seen the movie and then think they know everything about the series then the people who read the books. I'm not normally I violent person, but if one more crazed movie fan tries to talk to me like they know more then I do I'm going to clobber them with a theater chair and give them paper cuts with the movie poster and tickets. How can tell I've had to listen to quite a few of these people?  

Velsaria

mrstodayy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:41 pm
Tear the nails from your fingertips,

It definitely doesn't feel the same for me anymore, in some negative ways and some positive ways. I started reading it before it became extremely popular, so maybe because it got so popular so fast it changed my feelings about it a little bit. I don't really like how a lot of younger people are reading it and all they can say about the books is "Edward's sooo hot". I didn't read it so I could drool over him, and if that's the most intelligent conversation they can start over the series, I don't understand why they're reading it. Don't get me wrong, I definitely don't mind when younger people read it and enjoy it, it's when they don't appreciate Stephenie's writing and continue to only be "dazzled" by Edward, the movie and movies to come. Enough of my ranting though.. I am so happy for Stephenie's fame and the wide range of people buying and reading her books.

And smear the blood across your lips.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:51 pm
I feel the same too.

After the movie was released, I didn't feel the urge to read the book again.
And when I did, it doesn't give me the feeling that I like it.
When I read New Moon, I usually feel like crying at certain parts, but after the movie was released and everything calmed down, I read it again, the crying affects wasn't there anymore.  

Etzlenos Belliveau

Dapper Phantom

CiNnA vAniLLa

Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:58 pm
AquaGurl14
I feel the same too.

After the movie was released, I didn't feel the urge to read the book again.
And when I did, it doesn't give me the feeling that I like it.
When I read New Moon, I usually feel like crying at certain parts, but after the movie was released and everything calmed down, I read it again, the crying affects wasn't there anymore.

so that means you're kinda over the mania now...
just like skinny jeans, it idoesn't make you feel different when it turned into a big fad. it's more "its clean and i need to wear something" thing.

FADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! gonk crying  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces