Welcome to Gaia! ::

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Back to Guilds

Reply The Twilight Movie
How they ended the movie - I just realized something... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

texy4

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:37 am
true say, but he was probably to occupied with bella and dancing that he wouldn't have noticed. And Victorias scent probably mixed in with the humans to much i dunno =P

But ya the airport part with alice and jasper, bella was supposed to be like I gotta go to the bathroom and escapes sorta like that.

ya i agree alice and bella should have been like talken a lot more. Like all she said was I know we will be best friends is a scary yet robotic voice.

I thought the movie was really good just a few things I would have done to make it better.

Oh and to me dunno bout you guys but Bella didn't really make me believe that she broke her leg. LIke my cousin she broke her leg and she was screaming and saying F*** over and over. I think bella should have screamed a little more.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:04 pm
yeah i realized that . the ending was really stupid, i mean come on, victoria's not gonna be watching them and edward not notice! (how lame)  

Lunanymph59

PyroDogs94

8,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:50 pm
Thats just it, all those humans probably made the other scent go away. He mightve been too distracted with the Prom and Bella.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:29 pm
dogsrox94
Thats just it, all those humans probably made the other scent go away. He mightve been too distracted with the Prom and Bella.

Yeah I agree, I was thinking the same answer with Edward getting distracted at Prom with Bella. But seriously, they should have followed the book's way of Edward's ability in sensing people from afar.  

Shikomiso

undead padfoot

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:04 pm
This was one of the three things that I can not let go of!!!! You are right Alice would have "seen" her AND Edward would have smelled her!!! The other two things I can not let go of is they never say "I love you" HUGE deal if the breakup is going to make her so depressed in New Moon and she did not sleep talk!!! That is how he get information! That's why he stays! arg the rest I can live with I know it has to be changed to make the movie flow yadda yadda but come on! Victoria at the prom feet away from Edward! very hard to swallow.

Wait Alice may not have seen her if she had no plans to attack or cause trouble so it could slide through Alice but Edward would have smelled her!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:15 am
i see alot of good points here. now here are some of mine. I was also surprised to see victoria at the freaking prom. There are some parts of the book i had really hoped that they would have put in. Like the part at the restruant when she says something along the lines of "you shouldnt be able to dazzle people like that. its not fair" and he asks if he dazzles her and she says" frequently" i loved that line.
I was also really upset that they didnt do like a montage or somethiung to symbolize the endless days of questioning. there is just a bunch of weird stuff in the movie that is kinda egh. And Another thing why didnt they mention jaspers ability. his ability is awesome. I too also wished to see more alice. I look forward to new moon just to see what they make it to be but these are some freaking issues for me.  

bellawannabe12888

undead padfoot

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:15 am
Yea leaving out what Jasper could do was dumb. It seemed at first Edward was going to say it. When they are talking he says something like no Alice and uh Alice can see the future. so it was like why not explain Jasper! Arg. AND anothe big deal that is buggin me now!!! Laurent is never told about the Denali clan so how will Victoria learn about Alice's loop hole in visions to help her in Eclipse. maybe I am just whining now lol  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:08 am
I thought that Edward might had heard Victoria's thoughts or something.  

Etzlenos Belliveau

Dapper Phantom

CiNnA vAniLLa

Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:59 pm
Claire_Hiwatari
OMG! I'm so glad someone else said it before I did. Alot of things freaked me out.....that were just wrong in the movie:

1. His siblings got more lines in the book then the movie.
2. Bella and Alice never get to really talk yet at the end of the movie she says ,"Alice said she saw me coming into your family," I find that weird when they never really talked.
3. The part at then end when you saw Victoria, Edward or Alice should have seen it coming.
4. When the room was tense at the house...it was basically Esme trying to get everyone to calm down and not Jasper...(my opinion...might not be yours)
5. Edward's room didn't have a bed....yet in the movie it did.........
6. Bella noticed him not eating....and never asked...just assumed.......
7. Carlisle should have...looked....I dunno younger....... sweatdrop
8. They made Roslie...more of a b***h.....>.>U
9.Shinny Edward messed up my day.
10. At the scene where Bella got hit by that car and Edward saved her..she never really hit her head....but when she went to the hospital....they kept saying she has a concussion.....
11.....You say the guy that played Edward....on his Jaw....you could see he just shaved.....like half the movie...
12. Most of the movie....when his eyes were suppose to be gold...you never really saw them...
13. When Bella left the hotel and looked at Edward, and Alice at the counter....shouldn't either of them had smelled her or noticed that she was right there leaving...?

okay...I'll stop ranting........... mrgreen

it was a tragedy. tragedy, i tell you, tragedy!
i just hope they double-check stuff in new moon.
tons of fans who have read the series will go utterly blood-thirsty if they mess it up. again.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:00 pm
Claire_Hiwatari
OMG! I'm so glad someone else said it before I did. Alot of things freaked me out.....that were just wrong in the movie:

2. Bella and Alice never get to really talk yet at the end of the movie she says ,"Alice said she saw me coming into your family," I find that weird when they never really talked.
3. The part at then end when you saw Victoria, Edward or Alice should have seen it coming.
4. When the room was tense at the house...it was basically Esme trying to get everyone to calm down and not Jasper...(my opinion...might not be yours)
10. At the scene where Bella got hit by that car and Edward saved her..she never really hit her head....but when she went to the hospital....they kept saying she has a concussion.....
11.....You say the guy that played Edward....on his Jaw....you could see he just shaved.....like half the movie...
12. Most of the movie....when his eyes were suppose to be gold...you never really saw them...
13. When Bella left the hotel and looked at Edward, and Alice at the counter....shouldn't either of them had smelled her or noticed that she was right there leaving...?

RE: #5 & #12
5.) It wasn't a bed, it was like, a shiny black love seat. It was a couch.
12.) They panned over his eyes several times, and they were very gold.  

kira kira fuwa fuwa

Myakachii

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:33 pm
Claire_Hiwatari

D:< I agree with all of this. But, #8, I think Rosalie was portrayed perfectly. o_o And I think Carlisle was wonderful too. ^_^ A bunch of my Edward-fangirl friends have turned over to Carlisle. XD

And, Edward had a mole on the back of his neck. biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:24 pm
Maybe Edward did hear Victoria. But he knew that Bella was safe, and didn't wanna scare her. Or maybe he did after the movie finished. biggrin . But i think that i didn't really think of the movie as that good. if they just changed the names, and set it in a different place, i totally wouldn't recognize it. I wish Twilight was just the books, not the movie.  

VanillaSugar11

lost_smile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:30 pm
Yeah I realized it in the theater. Not only would he smell her he would hear her thoughts. So that ending was horrid.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:59 am
I didn't think of that but you're right! also when I first saw her looking at them at the prom I thought she was Rosalie but when she turned around and let down her hair her prom derss magically turned to her old outfit. I was like 'did she strip in the hallway or something? and what did she do with her clothes in the first place?' but about the hearing the thoughts he was probably blocking them so he could focus on Bella... if I could read minds I would go crazy with the things that are really... awkward so to speak especialy since I would be beautiful so if I was him at the prom in a tux I would block like CRAZY!  

Kari Twilight Mist

Shameless Bibliophile

heartbroken_emogirlo8

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:50 am
Ok so since everyone is on the subject of things they did or didn't put in the movie i have something to point out. did any of you notice that when bell walks into the dinner the second time, the time when mike is like shakin his a** at the window that the lady sitting at the counter is Stephenie Meyer?! lol i didn't till my friend showed me. And i agree that its irritating that they didn't put all the stuff in the movie that was in the book but i also know that they had to take stuff out and change somethings. the ending was good but i agree with everyone that has already said this GIVE ALICE HER FREAKIN LINES BACK! lol And Jasper too, hes so yummy lol sweatdrop redface  
The Twilight Movie

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff