Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:13 pm
Inquisitor Brock
OberFeldwebel
The round receivers took a bit less steel or iron, whatever, to make.

Also, some round versions look real nice, smooth and machined with much care.
Some other more russed, see what I did there?, versions are rough and even jagged.

I believe this site explains it all.

http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinM9130S.htm

I wish I had found an M91/30 that was made in 1927, then it would match my Revolver. 3nodding

... odd.
My hex 91 has the pre WWII sling fitting in the front but an early WWII fitting in the back...

Someone ******** with it.

gonk

Nuuuuu!!!

Man of the Demoneye
so it all goes down to looks and preferance with no difference in function then. Thanks guys!

The prewar stuff may cycle a lot better and smoother than the hastily belted out war stuff.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:58 pm
OberFeldwebel
Inquisitor Brock
OberFeldwebel

Some other more russed, see what I did there?, versions are rough and even jagged.

I wish I had found an M91/30 that was made in 1927, then it would match my Revolver. 3nodding

... odd.
My hex 91 has the pre WWII sling fitting in the front but an early WWII fitting in the back...

gonk

Nuuuuu!!!

Man of the Demoneye
so it all goes down to looks and preferance with no difference in function then. Thanks guys!

The prewar stuff may cycle a lot better and smoother than the hastily belted out war stuff.

Yeah, just all the little details look so much better in the close up shots. Kind of makes you think about what's going on inside as well. I take it just like buying a car, the quality is in the details. Chances are if they did a shitty job on some stuff, there is a good chance there is more elsewhere where it really matters most.  

Man of the Demoneye

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:59 pm
Man of the Demoneye
OberFeldwebel
Inquisitor Brock
OberFeldwebel

... odd.

gonk

Nuuuuu!!!

Man of the Demoneye

Yeah, just all the little details look so much better in the close up shots. Kind of makes you think about what's going on inside as well. I take it just like buying a car, the quality is in the details. Chances are if they did a shitty job on some stuff, there is a good chance there is more elsewhere where it really matters most.

Well, the barrels wont explode or anything and nothing is going to freeze or lock up.
It's just going to look crappy and like I said, it may not function as good as the more costly versions.

I like how the dealers or shops don't know this stuff, or don't care.
Otherwise they'll horde all the good production stuff and sell it for a higher price.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:57 pm
OberFeldwebel
Man of the Demoneye
OberFeldwebel
Inquisitor Brock
OberFeldwebel

... odd.

gonk

Nuuuuu!!!

Man of the Demoneye

Well, the barrels wont explode or anything and nothing is going to freeze or lock up.
It's just going to look crappy and like I said, it may not function as good as the more costly versions.

Otherwise they'll horde all the good production stuff and sell it for a higher price.

They probably know it, but they also know that they will sell less of them if they really jack the price up. I really think it would be worth the extra $10 to have more confidence in my firearm.  

Man of the Demoneye

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:30 pm
Man of the Demoneye
OberFeldwebel
Man of the Demoneye
OberFeldwebel
Inquisitor Brock

gonk

Nuuuuu!!!

Man of the Demoneye

They probably know it, but they also know that they will sell less of them if they really jack the price up. I really think it would be worth the extra $10 to have more confidence in my firearm.

I think J&G Sales still does a hand select fee for the round receiver Mosins.

I'm just not sure if you can tell them what you want on the hand select.

It would be nice if you could ask for a year, production style, etc etc.
I wonder if that's what they do...

WARNING HUGE PICTURE
Here's a picture of the lot.
WARNING HUGE PICTURE

Seriously, it's huge. that's what she said.

Brock:

You know, I've looked over the stock and really, I can't see anywhere where someone could have patched in the rear stock or the front piece.

Do you think it was some kind of blunder or, 'oh s**t, we're out of those parts... uh... let's just---', kind of Soviet man of dark skin rigging?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:55 pm
Isitcanbemuletiemnao
Freak_090
If You want a target rifle, then I would go for a K98 which go for only $120ish and right now AIMsurplus.com has a great deal on good surplus.
I actually saw an ad in this month's Dillon catalog with K98s that I think were cheaper than that. I'll go see if I can find it later. What does a K98 shoot?

I was referring to surplus ammo. The K98 fires 8mm Mauser (7.92 x 57)  

Freak_090
Captain

Isitcanbemuletiemnao

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:07 pm
OberFeldwebel
Man of the Demoneye
OberFeldwebel
Man of the Demoneye
OberFeldwebel

gonk

Nuuuuu!!!

WARNING HUGE PICTURE
WARNING HUGE PICTURE

Brock:

You know, I've looked over the stock and really, I can't see anywhere where someone could have patched in the rear stock or the front piece.

Do you think it was some kind of blunder or, 'oh s**t, we're out of those parts... uh... let's just---', kind of Soviet man of dark skin rigging?
That's impossible. Only black people and Germans are allowed to do that kind of thing, Russians strictly prohibited.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:30 pm
Isitcanbemuletiemnao
OberFeldwebel
Man of the Demoneye
OberFeldwebel
Man of the Demoneye
OberFeldwebel

gonk

Nuuuuu!!!

WARNING HUGE PICTURE
WARNING HUGE PICTURE

Brock:

That's impossible. Only black people and Germans are allowed to do that kind of thing, Russians strictly prohibited.

Hey, since when have Germans ever ... N-bomb rigged anything?  

OberFeldwebel

Isitcanbemuletiemnao

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:12 am
OberFeldwebel
Isitcanbemuletiemnao
OberFeldwebel
Man of the Demoneye
OberFeldwebel

WARNING HUGE PICTURE
WARNING HUGE PICTURE

Brock:

Ever since WW2. The PC term is "Jerry-Rigging".  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:42 am
Isitcanbemuletiemnao
OberFeldwebel
Isitcanbemuletiemnao
OberFeldwebel
Man of the Demoneye
OberFeldwebel

WARNING HUGE PICTURE
WARNING HUGE PICTURE

Brock:

I know a guy named Jerry, he does excellent work.

They've done good work since WW2.
Their airforce could be seen as... 'Jerry Rigged'.  

OberFeldwebel

Isitcanbemuletiemnao

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:00 am
OberFeldwebel
Isitcanbemuletiemnao
OberFeldwebel
Isitcanbemuletiemnao
OberFeldwebel

WARNING HUGE PICTURE
WARNING HUGE PICTURE

Brock:

I know a guy named Jerry, he does excellent work.

They've done good work since WW2.
Their airforce could be seen as... 'Jerry Rigged'.
Is Jerry a rigger? Or possibly more humorous, a trucker?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:06 am
Yeah, 2nd from the bottom looks horribly done. Though when you badly need a rifle, looks don't matter, so I gues you can't blame them for that too much.

About jerry rigging, I can see where mule would be on the right track about where it came from. Jerries=germans SO we are still insulting people.  

Man of the Demoneye

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:42 am
Man of the Demoneye
Yeah, 2nd from the bottom looks horribly done. Though when you badly need a rifle, looks don't matter, so I gues you can't blame them for that too much.

About jerry rigging, I can see where mule would be on the right track about where it came from. Jerries=germans SO we are still insulting people.

It cycles better than my nicer looking M91/30.
By that I mean, I don't need a pry bar to turn the bolt after firing a shot.

confused

Oh... yeah. I wonder if that stemmed from the Donkey Panzerfaust combo.

User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:11 am
OberFeldwebel
Man of the Demoneye

It cycles better than my nicer looking M91/30.
By that I mean, I don't need a pry bar to turn the bolt after firing a shot.

confused

Oh... yeah. I wonder if that stemmed from the Donkey Panzerfaust combo.

User Image

umm....WTF? and here I thought the russian pushtank was weird.  

Man of the Demoneye

Buying and Advice

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces