Welcome to Gaia! ::

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Back to Guilds

Reply The Twilight Movie
was edward's non-sparkliness in the movie annoying? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

did edwards non sparkliness in the movie annoy you?
  yes he should of been much more sparkly!
  no i thought it was fine i guess
View Results

Claire_Hiwatari

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:19 pm
cutepupster38
That part was soooo annoying!!! In the book, he seems so god-like and he looks like he's covered in diamonds...in the movie, he looks like he's covered in sweat. mad

I thought that too....>.>U glad some one else said it before i ranted...  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:29 pm
VampirePrincessOftheNorth
Okay you guys are going to hate me for this I know. When I first started reading the series when it first came out I was so amazed at it all. I was so excited to see the movie because I know that they can't make a movie completely like a book. Just shut up about the movie being terrible. It stuck to the story line and didn't stray like other movies ( the clique for instance) just be thank ful that they didnt kill everyone and that Edward didnt go all sadistic. For the funding that they had for the movie I felt that they did the book justice and it was awesome in my opinion.
Also they even said that they cant consolidate the book into a two hour movie it physically cant be done.

Yes some parts were stupid but others were drop dead funny.

that is my opinion and you guys can freely hate me now

Well I for one don't hate you. I totally agree! And even if I didn't read the books, the movie it's self was really well put together.

There were just some things that got on my nerves
-Edward's sparkles
-No Ben, and how they didn't have enough Jacob in the movie(like at La Push and such)
...but that's pretty much it...

charchar89

Lolita_Eva

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:04 pm
"THIS IS THE SKIN OF A KILLLLERRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!"

um...no.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:50 pm
To me, the idea of vampires that "sparkled" was completely idiotic from the beginning, and I do not care what any of you die-hard fans may say about me for my saying such. I really don't give a crap.

Which is why when I saw the movie, I can honestly say that I liked it; apart from the really bad hair which seemed to be something that they were cursed with. But the sparkling? It was a bad idea to start with, and in the movie it just solidified that image in my head of the vampires taking a bath in body glitter so that "they could sparkle just right" when the light hit them. It's a horrible idea, no matter how you slice it, vampires DO NOT glitter.

Although, I do believe that a fair number of those who were in the theater with myself and my friends were royally pissed off at us. To those who were there, you can kiss my a**, because we really don't give a crap about you and your rabid fan-ism.  

Twilight Scribe

undead padfoot

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:49 pm
The sparkles made me laugh and made the person next to me get mad at me for laughing LOL  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:16 am
I was annoyed with the sparkles but what upset me was how they made it so....serious. he's all, "YOU NEED TO SEE WHAT I LOOK LIKE IN THE SUN! THE SKIN OF A KILLER"

Seriously, people who didn't read the books where probably like, "That's it?? Seriously?" I know I was. it was a such downer-yes.  

Aqua Anjel

papershelf i c i c l e s

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:45 pm
i found that the whole movie was ridiculous. his sparkliness was totally b-movie and just looked like they edited a piece of one of those shiny, metallic, sparkly papers on top of him. it was horrible. stephenie described his sparkliness as being like a diamond--which led me to beleive that he sparlked like one. meaning aglint in the sun, a psarlke. not metallic shiny shity paper.
god that movie was horrible...  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:54 pm
Fataldragoncheese
in the twilight movie edward was hardly sparkly at all! in the book they described him sparkling like this great illuminating sparkling like millions of dimonds and they said it was extremely bright. but it was not even noticibale in the movie it loooked like sweat droplets!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i loved the movie but that part was annoying!

it was sad... and the sparkly sound! that darned annoying sound!
it made me wanna scream bloody hell on the theater. xp  

CiNnA vAniLLa

Gaian

wolfbrother82

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:12 pm
that scene was crap!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:07 pm
[

The sound reminded me of tinker bell LOL  

undead padfoot

VanillaSugar11

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:56 pm
Umm...well, it wasn't how I imagined it. And I think the way Robert did the whole scene was kinda scary. I dunno, but with his weird accent, and his hairy chest, it wasn't that great.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:19 pm
undead padfoot
[

yeah. tinkerbell spreading fairy dust over the wondrous meadow.
not edward cullen sprinkling confetti over bella's head. stare  

CiNnA vAniLLa

Gaian

undead padfoot

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:23 pm
CiNnA vAniLLa
undead padfoot
[

rofl rofl that is great  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:23 pm
undead padfoot
CiNnA vAniLLa
undead padfoot
CiNnA vAniLLa

rofl rofl that is great

wow i didnt notice that one. i probably typed it when i was so annoyed by the "sparkliness"
rofl  

CiNnA vAniLLa

Gaian

Twilight Scribe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:28 pm
Why is everyone throwing such a fit over Edward's "sparkliness", or lack thereof? To me, it just solidified in my head that image that the vampire just slather themselves in body glitter... and I'm not alone with that. I have seen the movie twice, and I always think the same thing. "BODY GLITTER".  
The Twilight Movie

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff