Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Virti

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:05 pm
ALICE & JASPER.....everyone else was a little off  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:30 pm
Cat_Fairy
Aradia Helevorn
My favorite was ashley (who played alice) and my least favorite was Kristen (bella) i've seen better acting skills in class. like there are many parts that if the real bella were in her place she'd be crying her eyes out and kristen didn't even shed a tear. her voice was flat or non expressive, her facal expressions were pretty much the same all the time and when she was "upset" about somthing all she did was scrunch up her face and studder. it was mental.

Agreed agreed agreed! Kristen needs to work on her acting skills regarding her facial features, during filming. stare

Finally some one who agrees with me! sure she fits the description of bella (which seemed to be more the consurn rather than the delivery of the character by many...) but she just couldn't act like her, in fact i don't think kristen can act in general. everything i've seen her in she was terrible. to be honest at first i was worried about rob playing edward too but i was surprised, his acting skills for the screen have improoved greatly. It wasn't perfect but it was much better than i thought it would have been. i just didn't think of edward as being so spacy. lol  

Aradia Helevorn

Jellycones

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:25 pm
Aradia Helevorn
My favorite was ashley (who played alice) and my least favorite was Kristen (bella) i've seen better acting skills in class. like there are many parts that if the real bella were in her place she'd be crying her eyes out and kristen didn't even shed a tear. her voice was flat or non expressive, her facal expressions were pretty much the same all the time and when she was "upset" about somthing all she did was scrunch up her face and studder. it was mental.
it's not all kristen's fault though, because the director and other people who are working on the movie have to direct her and tell her what to do...for example, cry, sob, studder, facial features, etc... it's not all on her part.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:56 pm
Jellycones
I think Kristen Stewart, Taylor Lautner, Ashley Greene, and the actor who played Jasper....(i'm having a brain problem, and can't seem to remember his name! ahhh sweatdrop )

jasper's names is jackson rathbone i think i could be wrong  

CannibalGerbil

Aradia Helevorn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:50 am
Jellycones
Aradia Helevorn
it's not all kristen's fault though, because the director and other people who are working on the movie have to direct her and tell her what to do...for example, cry, sob, studder, facial features, etc... it's not all on her part.

actually, thats not all up to the director, most plays and movies alike are improv. it's a regular action of hers to act the same way in movies is what i'm getting at.

and there is actually very little the director really has control over (it's really mostly up to the producers). the main reason they put her as bella is because Stephanie Meyer wanted her. and as an author i can understand that it's important to find a actor/actress that visually completes your charater but they could have done much, much better in choices. and i understand that she's not going to get better without practice but i guess i just wish they could have done better for twilight's fans.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:44 pm
i still need to see the movie  

Ebbing Lullaby

8,800 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100

AprilEdward

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:01 pm
i think that Jasper, Alice, Carslile, Esme, and Rosalie were portrayed the best by the actors 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:10 pm
Aradia Helevorn
Jellycones
Aradia Helevorn

actually, thats not all up to the director, most plays and movies alike are improv. it's a regular action of hers to act the same way in movies is what i'm getting at.

and there is actually very little the director really has control over (it's really mostly up to the producers). the main reason they put her as bella is because Stephanie Meyer wanted her. and as an author i can understand that it's important to find a actor/actress that visually completes your charater but they could have done much, much better in choices. and i understand that she's not going to get better without practice but i guess i just wish they could have done better for twilight's fans.
Stephenie didn't choose Kristen just because of the way she looked. She wanted Kristen to play Bella because she thought she could portray bella nicely since kristen has been in all sorts of movie...horror, drama, romance...etc, she had all the experience.  

Jellycones

mrstodayy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:51 pm
Tear the nails from your fingertips,

I think the best fits were Alice, Jasper, Bella and Edward.
And James and Victoria were really good, I loveddd Victoria.
Bella, not so much her acting.. but I think she was pretty good.
Alice and Jasper were exactly how I pictured them in the books.
Edward I think is perfect now, I was kind of unsure before I saw the movie,,
But I think he was amazing acting out Edward.
But I also thought Jacob, Esme and Carlise were a great fit, and Emmett and Rosalie were okay.
I really loved the cast of this movie, I didn't have much to
complain about when it came to the actors.

And smear the blood across your lips.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:15 pm
Jellycones
Aradia Helevorn
Jellycones
Aradia Helevorn

Stephenie didn't choose Kristen just because of the way she looked. She wanted Kristen to play Bella because she thought she could portray bella nicely since kristen has been in all sorts of movie...horror, drama, romance...etc, she had all the experience.

Just because she has done them does not mean that she's done them well. everything else i've seen her in my opinion has kept the same. she has the same faults in them all. I think that she'll get better in time but i just wish that Twilight wasn't a part of the warm up for her career you know. as a fan that kinda sux. but hopefully she'll improove as the others come out.  

Aradia Helevorn

snow_yuki aka a vampire

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:42 pm
my perfect match up was Emmet... omg
but OMG James was HOT, which was not suppose to be.
and Laurent was black...FYI he's suppose to be french  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:41 pm
Aradia Helevorn

i adored ashley too.. she was just soo cute. blaugh blaugh
as for bella, i'm sorry. i've seen your other movies, so i'm sorry that i have to criticize. i didn't like it. she even looked constipated at some scenes when she's staring at edward. good lord.

as for laurent, he's good. though i don't notice the french accent. he's supposed to have one. and black people also live in france, so he is french. and don't tell me he's not supposed to be black because it also says in the book that he was olive-skinned.  

CiNnA vAniLLa

Gaian

Aradia Helevorn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:58 am
True, very true on all acounts. lol. still my biggest complaint will be Bella. and alice being my favorite character out of the girls and most of the guys, i was quite happy with her. ^ ^  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:59 pm
my friends hated me the day we saw the movie because i was stifling my laughter while looking at bella. she seriously looked constipated in at least 4 scenes with edward. rofl  

CiNnA vAniLLa

Gaian

Glitterbean

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:17 pm
For me, Peter Facinelli as Carlisle was the best fit. And this really surprised me, because just looking at the pictures before the movie came out, I though he would be the worst fit. His acting was a very, VERY pleasant surprise to me. I get the idea that he actually understood his character, like maybe he'd actually read the books.

Elizabeth Reaser's (Esme's) acting wasn't BAD in my opinion, but it just didn't seem like Esme to me; not shy and loving enough, too outgoing.

Jasper was awesome, although I agree with whoever made that comment about his Einstein-like hair. That's more the hairstylists' fault, though; Jackson himself did a FANTASTIC job, although I would have liked to have seen him smile just once.

Ashley Greene (Alice) was just okay for me. Not as peppy and upbeat as I pictured her.

Nikki Reed did an incredible job with Rosalie. Her acting was flawless, and even though her appearance may not be picture-perfect, I doubt that there is a single actress in Hollywood that could live up to being the most beautiful out of all the "inhumanly beautiful" Cullens. It's not like Nikki is ugly or anything; she actually is very pretty, in my opinion, and people should back off of her a little bit.

Kellan Lutz didn't play Emmett exactly as I pictured him (it seemed like they sort of dumbed down the character and made him into sort of a punk wannabe), but that was more the screenwriters' fault than his, and given the script he had, he delivered the best he could.

Edward...I don't have any complaints about Rob's performance, actually. My only problem with him is that I think he's too old. He's 22 years old, for crying out loud. If they go all the way to Breaking Dawn, he'll be pushing 30 playing a 17 year-old-vampire.

Bella...I've gotta admit, even though I was expecting worse, I still didn't like her performance. Too emotionless. Her eyes, which Edward describes as being unusually deep and expressive, are just...flat, the whole time. Definite room for improvement, I'm sad to say.  
The Twilight Movie

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff