Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Relating to Animals in your Path Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Starlock

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:23 pm
Tashinada
Haha! Would you believe that the chickadee is my "wise counselor"?

Maybe not too surprising! They're quite vocal little birds. Some birds have songs that are pretty standard and repetitive, but not the chickadee!

It's interesting that you'd consider raccoons to be glamorous, BlindFaith. They have a somewhat nasty reputation as pests, bandits, and thieves here in America so many people might not want to be associated with them. I'm not sure I can blame them for pilfering through our trash cans, though. It's an easy source of food, so who can blame them? Perhaps they're here to teach us the lesson that one person's trash is another person's treasure? biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:08 pm
Starlock

It's interesting that you'd consider raccoons to be glamorous, BlindFaith. They have a somewhat nasty reputation as pests, bandits, and thieves here in America so many people might not want to be associated with them. I'm not sure I can blame them for pilfering through our trash cans, though. It's an easy source of food, so who can blame them? Perhaps they're here to teach us the lesson that one person's trash is another person's treasure? biggrin

After reading Rascal, it's hard not to like them ^_^

Other than the high chance of rabies, they're pretty cool. I've had them at my trash before but a little ammonia handles that. I dunno, I guess I've never considered them in that negative light they've always impish to me. Big enough to get in a scrap and do damage but small enough to evade and be agile.  

blindfaith^_^

7,200 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

AiRune

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:56 pm
I was honored when I discovered a raccoon in my tree this past summer. Living in the city has left me with few of the opportunities I used to have to see wildlife. Seeing him and a possum were joys, though most would shriek and call Animal Control. Then again, I'm also the same person that when I saw a mouse in the kitchen, I said "Oh, he's so CUTE!" I ended up naming him Matthias because our cat couldn't catch him. The little bugger was smart. To hide from me, he wedged himself in the empty space in the back of the coffee pot! If it hadn't been for the tip of his tail sticking out, I wouldn't have found him.

I used to have an aversion to insects. After I had a dream about a centipede, my worst feared insect, attacking me, I'm able to handle them a lot better.

I suppose I spend most of my time just observing wildlife in order to better understand the lessons of life. And to better understand myself. I'm still trying to sync with fox and cat. Part of it is low self-confidence. They are popular choices and I can't fully grasp why they would actually choose me, especially since they are so strongly associated with magic. I'm a horrible witch when it comes right down to it, though I keep trying. So I end up thinking that there must be some mistake. And the more I close off, the worst I feel. I know I'm missing something here, but I'm afraid it's one thing that I can't seem to get past.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:24 pm
It really depresses me that the only foxes I've really seen are roadkill. Every single time I see one I give it a special prayer. Poor foxes. crying

In more upbeat news... did you know fox squirrels can apparently take a three-story fall and not even blink? Saw it with my own two eyes today. Man, those critters are amazing!  

Starlock

virgo2591

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:20 pm
What do you think working with animals brings to your path? In other words, why do you choose to work with them? If you don't work with them, why don't you?

I don't WORK with animals because I don't have any and it can get lonely, but I see my rituals as sort of bonding time with my divine parents.

How would you describe the relationships you have with various animals? Is it like totemism to you? Is it more like a spirit guide? Something else?
Are there specific animals that are particularly special to you? In what way and how do you work with them?

Well I don't have a spirit guide per say unless you count my deceased dog who still is watching over me (not haunting, but you get the picture) and also my boyfriend's totem which is the bat. My totem is the raccoon and I use it whenever I feel out of myself like at school and also my drawings  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games