Danger! Will Robinson!!! Danger! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:26 pm
Nuclear proliferation?

First we got the bomb and that was good 'cause we love peace and motherhood, then Russia got the bomb but that's okay, 'cause the balance of powers maintain that way. Who's next?

Then France got the bomb but don't you grieve, they're on our side, I believe.
Then China got the bomb but have no fear, they can't wipe us out for at least five years! Who's next?

Uh-then Indonesia claims that they, are going to get one any day. South Africa wants two. That's right, one for the black and one for the white. Who's next?

Egypt's gonna to get one too, just to use on you know who.

So, Israel's getting tense, want's one in self defense. The lord is our shepherd says the psalm! But just in case, we better get a bomb.

Who's next?

Luxembourg is next to go, then who knows? Maybe Monaco.

We'll try to stay serene and calm. When Alabama gets the bomb!

Who's next? Who's next?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:11 pm
Rommel_Desert_Fox
Crash Maniac
Fresnel
Rommel_Desert_Fox
Lucky for me i'm far from any worth while ICBM targets.
Oh ********. Well, if the bomb drops in AZ, you can count on me not seeing any of you again...

Well, lets see here...

We've got Mira Mar Marine/Navy base in San Diego, Los Angeles Intr Airport, Ontario Intr Airport, March Army Reserve Base....

Pick a feature. Not to count the Nuclear Power station we have down between Me and San Diego.... Which if it went the way of a certain Russian Nuclear Power Station that i cant pronounce.... We'd all be glowing in the dark until we died from the radiation.
Chernobyl I think is pronounced Cher no bill. razz Actually wasn't that Ukrainian? ninja anyway yeah s**t nobody cares about
Chernobyl, Ukraine. Yeah. I've always pronounced it "Cher-noble", as in "Sonny and Cher." Seriously though, it only melted down through massive amounts of incompetence. They shut off all the safety systems, ran it at 200% output capacity for 24 hours, and then shut off all power, leaving an unstable reactor core void of cooling water, not to mention the core had minimal containment shielding. WHAT THE ******** DID YOU THINK WAS GOING TO HAPPEN? Nobody would be stupid enough to recreate that s**t ever again.

Anyhow, the incendiary radius of an average nuke is about 50 miles, from what I've heard. Anything inside that ring will instantly light on fire. Anything less than ten miles will vaporize. I happen to sit happily inside the incendiary radius of a known Soviet nuclear target. ******** fun.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:38 am
Fresnel
Rommel_Desert_Fox
Crash Maniac
Fresnel
Rommel_Desert_Fox
Oh ********. Well, if the bomb drops in AZ, you can count on me not seeing any of you again...

Well, lets see here...

We've got Mira Mar Marine/Navy base in San Diego, Los Angeles Intr Airport, Ontario Intr Airport, March Army Reserve Base....

Pick a feature. Not to count the Nuclear Power station we have down between Me and San Diego.... Which if it went the way of a certain Russian Nuclear Power Station that i cant pronounce.... We'd all be glowing in the dark until we died from the radiation.
Chernobyl I think is pronounced Cher no bill. razz Actually wasn't that Ukrainian? ninja anyway yeah s**t nobody cares about
Chernobyl, Ukraine. Yeah. I've always pronounced it "Cher-noble", as in "Sonny and Cher." Seriously though, it only melted down through massive amounts of incompetence. They shut off all the safety systems, ran it at 200% output capacity for 24 hours, and then shut off all power, leaving an unstable reactor core void of cooling water, not to mention the core had minimal containment shielding. WHAT THE ******** DID YOU THINK WAS GOING TO HAPPEN? Nobody would be stupid enough to recreate that s**t ever again.

Anyhow, the incendiary radius of an average nuke is about 50 miles, from what I've heard. Anything inside that ring will instantly light on fire. Anything less than ten miles will vaporize. I happen to sit happily inside the incendiary radius of a known Soviet nuclear target. ******** fun.

So... 60 mile radius of, "it doesn't ******** ********. I'm 34-35 miles from the capitol.

50 miles seems... extremely ******** huge.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:07 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
Rommel_Desert_Fox
Crash Maniac
Fresnel
Rommel_Desert_Fox

Well, lets see here...

So... 60 mile radius of, "it doesn't ******** ********. I'm 34-35 miles from the capitol.

50 miles seems... extremely ******** huge.
Todays nukes ARE extremely ******** huge. The only Tsar Bomba ever build damn near knocked the delivering bomber out of the sky.

User Image  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Barru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:15 am
...<******** balls.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:41 am
Rommel_Desert_Fox
Crash Maniac
Fresnel
Rommel_Desert_Fox

Well, lets see here...

i was joking.... i can pronounce it. Actually, We (my family) were in West Germany when it happened. I remember having to Decon our shoes, clothes, We couldnt eat anything that was grown, water had to be purified or bottled. I remember eating alot of canned beans. (ew) we couldnt play outside because of fall out and such.  

Crash Maniac

Crash Maniac

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:46 am
ICBM's can travel about 3500 miles... as for the oh s**t run area....

It really just depends on its payload.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:06 pm
Crash Maniac
Rommel_Desert_Fox
Crash Maniac
Fresnel
Rommel_Desert_Fox

Well, lets see here...

i was joking.... i can pronounce it. Actually, We (my family) were in West Germany when it happened. I remember having to Decon our shoes, clothes, We couldnt eat anything that was grown, water had to be purified or bottled. I remember eating alot of canned beans. (ew) we couldnt play outside because of fall out and such.

Grandpa, take your medicine.

And I saw a show once where these guys went hunting on the grounds of Chernobyl, and they said that they had to drink beer because it cycled the radiation out of their bodies. When they left, they had to leave their shoes because they'd become radioactive.

I wish I could remember the name of the show. ;-;  

Inquisitor Brock

Crash Maniac

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:23 pm
Inquisitor Brock
Crash Maniac
Rommel_Desert_Fox
Crash Maniac
Fresnel
Rommel_Desert_Fox

Well, lets see here...

Grandpa, take your medicine.

And I saw a show once where these guys went hunting on the grounds of Chernobyl, and they said that they had to drink beer because it cycled the radiation out of their bodies. When they left, they had to leave their shoes because they'd become radioactive.

I wish I could remember the name of the show. ;-;

I'm not that old.... sad Although, if i have to validate that by saying "I'm not that old..." I'm probably that old.

We could keep our shoes, we just had to wash down everything... granted, walking around West Germany was nothing like walking around the glowing country side of the Ukraine...

yay satellites User Image

I saw a show that did a special about the wildlife around Chernobyl. Even into the core of the site. There were strange mushrooms growing on the containment area of the core. (no joke, srsly guys)  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:32 pm
I think it was mold, but probably mushrooms too.

The Mold contained an extremely high count of melanin which enabled it to feed off of the radiation. So to speak.

The trees and plants bring radiation up from the ground and release it.

Ah lovely.

Also, saw one video of a trek into Chernobyl or the Ukraine, and the guy went and walked by this over pass or road with a guard rail and it showed that a road sweeper or brush cutter, dug up the dirt and cut the grass.
That released a bunch of radiation that was tied up in the ground.  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:21 pm
I hear nobody's ever gotten a verifiable report about mutated wildlife in the Chernobyl Zone of Alienation. Interesting to think that even with that much radiation, nobody's seen the effects in animals (besides death and such, but whatever). Also, there are still Ukranians living in there that the government gave up on evacuating. They're incredibly old, too. Eighties, nineties easy. They drink from streams, eat their own crops, hunt local animals...  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:25 pm
Fresnel
I hear nobody's ever gotten a verifiable report about mutated wildlife in the Chernobyl Zone of Alienation. Interesting to think that even with that much radiation, nobody's seen the effects in animals (besides death and such, but whatever). Also, there are still Ukranians living in there that the government gave up on evacuating. They're incredibly old, too. Eighties, nineties easy. They drink from streams, eat their own crops, hunt local animals...

Like I said, they probably drink alot and then piss the radiation out through their systems.

Also: the show I was watching, they said they couldn't go into the forest because the radiation was so bad. They said the forest actually glowed at night.  

Inquisitor Brock

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:57 pm
Inquisitor Brock
They said the forest actually glowed at night.
Buuuuull shiiiiiiit. Radiation only causes glowing in large bodies of water, and then it's faint and neon blue. This is only because the radiation (beta) is moving faster than the speed of light in the water. It's called the Cerenkov Effect, and it requires massive amounts of radiation to be visible to the naked eye. It's usually seen in spent fuel pools or nuclear reactors.

EDIT: Forgot about tritium and radon, like clock dials, but those have to be artificially infused with extra beta radiation, and you'd have to have MASSIVE amounts of radon gas; enough to kill you just by breathing it.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:32 pm
Just repeating what the show said, you double ******.  

Inquisitor Brock

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:36 pm
Inquisitor Brock
Just repeating what the show said, you double ******.
I know, but they're bullshitting. Triple ******.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff