Uneducated Gun People and Books Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:03 am
Fresnel
Watched Bolt today. Disney movie. Surprised the hell out of me with gun knowledge. Prior to firing its minigun, one of the helicopters actually spun it up for a few seconds. Never did actually fire it though.

Go Disney.

Yeah, usually they start firing at 20,000 RPM and shred everything but the hero, and then get shot down by a 'well placed' 9mm.

Not sure if I would go and see bolt though.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:15 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
Watched Bolt today. Disney movie. Surprised the hell out of me with gun knowledge. Prior to firing its minigun, one of the helicopters actually spun it up for a few seconds. Never did actually fire it though.

Go Disney.

Yeah, usually they start firing at 20,000 RPM and shred everything but the hero, and then get shot down by a 'well placed' 9mm.

Perfectly Disney predictable, but not bad overall. The pigeons were by far the best part.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:24 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

Go Disney.

Perfectly Disney predictable, but not bad overall. The pigeons were by far the best part.

Hmm, noted, but I would have to have a better reason. I would have to bring a kid with me.
stare
And to whatever you were thinking, No.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:44 pm
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

Go Disney.

Hmm, noted, but I would have to have a better reason. I would have to bring a kid with me.
stare
My girlfriend and I saw it in 3D yesterday. The theater was absolutely empty. We were the only two people in there.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:55 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

Go Disney.

stare
My girlfriend and I saw it in 3D yesterday. The theater was absolutely empty. We were the only two people in there.

Interesting. But then again it was a Tuesday and school is still in session so there is that.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:56 pm
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

Go Disney.

stare

Interesting. But then again it was a Tuesday and school is still in session so there is that.

I think the only part that I would like is when there is only one guard and the hamster says, "I'll snap his neck..."  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:40 pm
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

Go Disney.

stare

Actually, it was a 7PM showing.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:09 am
Even then, it was a school night right?
It's doubtful the parents would take the kids to a 7 pm movie.

Yeah the hamster saying that he's going to snap the guard's neck is funny.  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:16 am
OberFeldwebel

Dunno. 7PM isn't really that late, but then again I stay out until 2 most nights, so I'm not one to judge.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:02 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

Dunno. 7PM isn't really that late, but then again I stay out until 2 most nights, so I'm not one to judge.

Well, not really, unless... movie is 1 hr 36 minutes long...
~7pm showing...
~8:30.
Ample time for the kids to turn into tired little shits.

a movie at 7 is... fine for adults.
Hell I went to the early release for Iron Man I think. Maybe it was Beowulf. movie aired at 11;45 or something.  

OberFeldwebel

Assasin Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:41 pm
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
I seem to remember either reading or being told about a book where a man not only cocks the hammer on his Glock, he also clicks the trigger three or four times.

They do that on TV shows too.

It annoys the ******** out of me. They don't c**k the hammer, but every time someone raises a gun there's that same sampled sound that they've used since the Enforcer and it's pissing me off.

Why do they use sampled sounds? Why can't they do their own?
Cartoons use the same baby sound every time.
That's pissing me off too.

Saw some stupid horror movie, I think it was Jeepers Creepers or some s**t, the one where this Gargoyle or whatever comes to life and rapes the s**t out the human race. Anyway, this guy has a flare gun, an H&K Raketenpistolen 78, and while being chased by said Gargoyle he fell and turned around. Cocked the flaregun and fired.
Mind you, the hammer on these 'Rocket Pistols' doesn't make a sound until the sear catches the hammer which makes a very distinct snap or pop depending on whether the chamber is empty or not.
But apparently that's too wussy, so they added the cocking sound of a Navy Colt or a S&W Mod 29.

Other than the Army of Darkness series, B grade movies suck d**k.

Hey, I saw a commercial for Burn Notice for the upcoming new season in January.
... it's gunfail is pissing me off.
"He prefers an AK-47 to SPF-11."
1. SPF 11 ... I can't find any so nonexistant?
2. ... he wasn't holding an AK. He wasn't even holding something that was remotely Eastern Bloc.

I couldn't get a good look, but it's either some kind of AR variant or a G36 with a different scope and not the stock one.

The show is in miami there talking about sunscreen watch the show they dont screw up much.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:43 pm
Speaking of idiot gun things, I was watching Lost and couldn't count the amount of times they played a cocking sound effect for Said (is that it? Pronounced Sai-eed) holding a Glock.

Hey retards, there's no hammer on that gun!  

ArmasTermin

Barru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:31 pm
Assasin Monkey
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
I seem to remember either reading or being told about a book where a man not only cocks the hammer on his Glock, he also clicks the trigger three or four times.

They do that on TV shows too.

It annoys the ******** out of me. They don't c**k the hammer, but every time someone raises a gun there's that same sampled sound that they've used since the Enforcer and it's pissing me off.

Why do they use sampled sounds? Why can't they do their own?
Cartoons use the same baby sound every time.
That's pissing me off too.

Saw some stupid horror movie, I think it was Jeepers Creepers or some s**t, the one where this Gargoyle or whatever comes to life and rapes the s**t out the human race. Anyway, this guy has a flare gun, an H&K Raketenpistolen 78, and while being chased by said Gargoyle he fell and turned around. Cocked the flaregun and fired.
Mind you, the hammer on these 'Rocket Pistols' doesn't make a sound until the sear catches the hammer which makes a very distinct snap or pop depending on whether the chamber is empty or not.
But apparently that's too wussy, so they added the cocking sound of a Navy Colt or a S&W Mod 29.

Other than the Army of Darkness series, B grade movies suck d**k.

Hey, I saw a commercial for Burn Notice for the upcoming new season in January.
... it's gunfail is pissing me off.
"He prefers an AK-47 to SPF-11."
1. SPF 11 ... I can't find any so nonexistant?
2. ... he wasn't holding an AK. He wasn't even holding something that was remotely Eastern Bloc.

I couldn't get a good look, but it's either some kind of AR variant or a G36 with a different scope and not the stock one.

The show is in miami there talking about sunscreen watch the show they dont screw up much.

Oh, they don't screw up too much.
I just think they bullshitted on the ad a little bit to make it rhyme, which is... kind of stupid especially since they showed a very non-AK when saying AK-47.

Armas;

Omfg but there is a safety! Omfgomonmgongogmgomomgogmgomg that makes a trigger noise too! stare

When I was watching the commentaries for Burn Notice Jeffery Donovan pointed out how the sound guy put in the heavy metal clanking when the grappling hook grappled onto the boat, even though his character put rubber/plastic caps on the grapple to dull the noise.

I'm disappointed about the commentaries though. They were just short clips and not full episode commentaries.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:34 am
ArmasTermin
Speaking of idiot gun things, I was watching Lost and couldn't count the amount of times they played a cocking sound effect for Said (is that it? Pronounced Sai-eed) holding a Glock.

Sayid. And yeah, I've seen way too many shows do that with Glocks.

I saw thirty seconds of "My Own Worst Enemy" last night, in which a guy pistol-whipped a porthole on a ship's door until it broke, put his hand through to unbar the door, opened the door, and THEN shot at the guy plainly visible on the other side. SHOOT THE ******** WINDOW OFF. Are assassins ******** retarded or something?  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Barru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:34 am
Fresnel
ArmasTermin

Sayid. And yeah, I've seen way too many shows do that with Glocks.

I saw thirty seconds of "My Own Worst Enemy" last night, in which a guy pistol-whipped a porthole on a ship's door until it broke, put his hand through to unbar the door, opened the door, and THEN shot at the guy plainly visible on the other side. SHOOT THE ******** WINDOW OFF. Are assassins ******** retarded or something?

No, writers are.  
Chatterbox/Humor

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces