Submit

Closed RP. Invite Only.
  Okay
  Oh, poo
View Results

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:09 am
Veleth watched her as she went through her various changes. He was impressed and confirmation that she had had to kill those she turned into - just as he did- brought a slight feeling of comaderie. For once there was something similar to him. She was completely different, indeed, a strange creature: but she was the closest thing to his species he had ever come across.
He kept his own transformations close to his chest, in no mood to expel any energy in flippant transformations simply to show his own library of human forms. He grew a little jealous that she could change her eyes. While he could put up a convincing front and produce human eyes, they never lasted long, as descended back into the expressionless black ones as soon as he broke his concentration.
“Humanoids?” he said, with a small smirk at the odd expression. “They are humans and you will no doubt blend in fine. Although what your purpose is here still eludes me, as does exactly what you are. Do you ever intend to answer me?”
He tilted his head and looked at her critically.
“I can only assume that you have some trick lined up for me. If that is the case, then I am little more than a dead man walking. So why not indulge a dead man and give me the information I seek? Where do you come from? What is your purpose here?”
For Veleth boldness bred boldness, and his confidence swelled with each somewhat short remark he asked of her. While he had nothing but respect for someone with power greater than his own, he wasn’t about to be a meek subject either.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:37 pm
Yanara's wicked smirk sharpened at the points like miniature swords ready to strike at a moment's notice. Her silver eyes sparked as she considered his requests them shrugged in acceptance. In the end, he would either serve her or be killed by her.

"My name is Yanara Simonyi, I was once a goddess of the Kurayami Realm and spent thousands of years in an imprisonment created by my twin, Yoshi. While in my imprisonment, the form was called Yora and while she tried to dominate the form, I took near full control of it shortly before the Darkening.

"I was the creator, master, and goddess of the demons of the planet Kurai known as the Kinzoku. At first, we took the humans via soul possession until Yoshi, then still called as Yora, tried to purify the people my children had come to possess. At her epic failure, we were pushed deep into the Humans' blood, imprisoned in the Darkness that the Humans created for us, thanks to Yoshi, for over 400 years. I was the first to break free of my bindings thanks to my stupidly naive host, Liadan Kanyon."

Yanara gave a flamboyant bow, "My specialties are assassinations, seduction, mass murder, and metal morphing."  

Funem

Sparkly Nerd

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:12 am
Veleth silently studied her through her speech of confusing names and concepts, but he was beginning to understand. Her status, as what appeared to be apparently some sort of demonic parasite, was one he had heard about in many folktales over his youth. That she came from another planet was stunning, although he supposed to himself that it was not inconceivable. If demons or angels could come from countless dimensions, why not another planet? Indeed, he knew she was not a real demon, but she was as close to one as he would ever hope to see. She had to be treated with the same respect. His curiosity suppressed his urge to kill her and get on with his life, and his good sense told him that killing her wouldn’t ne in any way an easy task. So he returned to the ‘you’re a dead man anyway’ attitude, which oddly cheered him.
When she outlined her ‘specialities’ he smirked. Metal control- so that had been it. A useful thing to know, considering that if he had attacked her head on rather than remaining as a bird, he would probably have been dead by now. His sword, now strapped to his back, and the various knives he always carried would have been useful for her, and probably would have been turned against him. A fascinating ability; although he wondered why she had chosen these ruins to search for more of her metal. Indeed there was gold and some iron, but far more lucrative metal stocks would be found in the cities.
Finally, he was unsurprised by her claims to mass murder, and entertained by her self-given title as a seductress. He had come across female fighters who used that title before, and frankly he enjoyed it when they attempted their ‘skills’ on him. He always thought, after plunging a knife into the said woman’s stomach after a night of her practising her craft, how much easier his approach was. Not as fun, but more effective.
Feeling that a similar introduction was in order, if only to be polite, he bowed a little himself, though never took his eyes off her as he did so.
“And I am Veleth, born and bred here on Earth, master shapeshifter and traind in ninjitsu.”
He said enough to make sure that she felt like he was being honest - indeed he was, and he hoped that slipping in that he was a ninja would cement this. Potentially it said much about how powerful he was and what his fighting style might be - information he was sure she would find valuable. This in turn might persuade her that he was useful enough not to be killed. However he said nothing about his samurai training, even though he was in the general (albeit personalised) outfit of the profession, and said nothing of the other skills that he genetically inhabited.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:07 am
"You withhold information, Veleth," Yanara said with a wicked dip of her voice. She stood to her full height, her eyes sparkling and her metal beast surfacing and singing below the soil like a living creature of the sea that he misplaced in dirt. The ground shook with the beast's unhappy rumble, an echo of her current state of mind.

"However, I am sure that I can obtain it when the time is right."

Do not assume that I can not enter the depths of a creature's mind. I have done to gods and Humans alike and when I dig for it, she placed a portion of her strength against his mind. It was a technique that she had grown wickedly fond of over the past incarnations, Mind Spike, as it had been called for the survivors had often said that it felt like a spike being slowly driven into the mind itself, It is not a pleasant experience.

Yanara retracted from Veleth's mind, her own throwing up guards and protections similar to what she had done against Ra on her own world. She was not yet sure of the extent of this one's abilities but knew to never assume another's limitations. Often, people made their assumptions about her limits, only to be left where they stood as a rotting corpse.

"This place, this palace towards your planet's gods, shall be my new throne. When people hear its name, they will shiver and whisper of the Kinzoku Queen who resides here, and all will fall at my feet in worship and surrender to me their strongest, wisest, and most spiritual. With their offerings of their best, my seed will coat this world and we will branch out take the stars and claim them in the name of The Kinzoku."  

Funem

Sparkly Nerd

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:41 pm
Veleth gritted his teeth as he felt an alien pressure against his mind and strains of sharp migraine cracked across his temples before focusing on one point. Her voice quivered across the internal sphere of his mind and he tried to block it out. As he began to fail another presence rose up within his mind as if to mentally stand in front of him like a shield. The pain receded a little, and he got the feeling that this presence regarded Yanara in quiet determined defiance. The presence was not alien to him by far - he knew it well, although it hadn’t resurfaced in a while.
Over his lifetime, Veleth realised the purpose behind his shape shifting and how it worked. It wasn’t that he simply stole people’s forms. It was that he drained their very souls. As a result, when he took on a form he seemed to take their soul also, to store somewhere within himself. They were dormant, generally speaking, but one seemed to retain a consciousness- his first thievery: his ‘twin’. Now he knew it was the twin’s soul that rose up and regarded Yanara’s presence, and he felt a steely feeling of sibling love of protection from him. He was glad he was here.
“You seem to have your mind made up.” He said, as the pain completely receded and she backed away from his mind. “Though why you would desire this world is beyond me.”

[haha I know if it comes to a fight Veleth will lose, but I’m enjoying them interacting anyway ^_~]  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:28 pm
Yanara charged into the face of the shifter, her eyes burning brightly with demonic amusement, "A shield! One that lives and thrives on its own accord! I thought never to see such a thing save in the minds of those of the Hidden."

Yanara straightened suddenly, her eyes shifting to the side as her smile faded to a studious frown. After a moment, her brows furrowed and her lips twitched in an appeased manor before turning her attention back to Veleth. Although, he was not in possession of it entirely.

"So, you have others in the forest? How fascinating." She turned sharply and decended the stairs, her pet's rumbles ceasing as it bubbled to the top like water from an overhot pan. As she stepped across the metal, it climbed her body and coated her in a solid, liquid, living armor.

"I wonder if they have any potential as you do," Yanara said as she turned from the center of the clearing before her new grand palace. "If not, it was nice to know that they once served a purpose!" The metal lifted from Yanara's feet, the grass and flowers beneath them rotting and falling to dust before a wave of identical effects branched out from the demon woman, taking the forest in a vicious feast, "Soon, this valley will look as my own and all will know it as mine by the smell it will place into the air!"  

Funem

Sparkly Nerd

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:50 am
Veleth stretched a little in the unconscious effort to make himself a little larger - as an animal does when threatened. He wasn’t comfortable that Yanara had sensed his twin, and automatically felt that the incorperal spirit needed some protection from her. Despite his internal wishes for the spirit to recede one again he still felt him hovering at the front of his consciousness, watching Yanara with suspicion through his own eyes.
Get out of here/ He mentally hissed to him
I don’t trust her. The mental voice that replied to him was his own, though softer and generally more innocent.
Of course you don’t, idiot. Nietehr do I. We’re dead.
There was a flutter of amusement. I’m already dead.
Veleth senta quiver of anger at him, and finally the twin recended a little black into his inky consciousness. He could still feel him, though. It was as if he was mentally holding his hand through this.

When she changed again he frowned.
“There are the Lord’s guards in the forest. They’re nothing like me, and have no use to you.”  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:03 pm
[I'm not sure I'm allowed to say anything, but I can't help it. This is one helluva story unravelling. xd I'm gunna keep tabs on this little thread for sure.]  

b10n1cl3k1n6

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Funem

Sparkly Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:50 pm
"Then they won't mind if their souls become mine, will they?" The ring of decay at Yanara's feet widened with a sudden gusto. In far less than a minute, the decay had already reached the first line of trees that circled the palace and its clearing. It was only a moment of breaths before other trees, farther back, began to wither and fall, their once mighty forms crumbling the moment they met the cold and hard ground below.

"So many tiny creatures along the way... its a shame that I do not have one of my precious ravens with me, they would have made a fine snack or my pets. Perhaps, in time, I will be able to alter the DNA of the birds on your planet to resemble those on mine," Yanara lifted her hands as she took a deep stance by sweeping her right foot behind her.

Slowly, she lowered her opened hands, her mind focusing on the metallic minerals in the soil, gathering them, commanding them. With the equally slow curl of her fists and the rise of her hands against her body, the metal began forming larger bodies, each new body racing towards its new mistress, eager to serve her every whim. Sharply, Yanara turned her foot, altering the direction of her stance as the metal pets began to rise to the surface of the new throne's center.

"Let us see if any on your world knows the language of the Kurayami Gods," Yanara rose suddenly and stomped her right foot into the ground with a sharp downward thrust of her fists. The metal coiled together and rose towards the sky, runes gleaming against its surface in the quickly darkening skyline. The metal then stood, a perfect obelisque and monument towards the creature that created it and told the story of her rise to power on the world of Kurai.

She slowly lolled her head to glance at the shifter behind her, "Truth be told, you and your Inners shouldn't trust me. You should all fear me, tremble at my very name." Slowly, the metal that covered her body rose to cover her face, a perfect frozen mask of her flawless countenance, eyes hidden in the darkness of the mask itself. With her white hair protruding from the armor of metal, Yanara looked every part of the terms that the locals on her star had called her and her kind.

Shadow Wraiths.
Metal Ghosts.
Demons.

Devils.

((LOL!!! its nice to have an audience!! Hopefully, it will inspire everyone to take it up a notch and then recruit!! RECRUIT LIKE THERE IS NO TOMORROW!!!))  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:45 pm
[lol. You, know, I've never thought being able to control metal was such a powerful skill. Now I see, I mean read, it happening, it makes more sense that it be dangerous. I have it labeled as a sub element of the Earth element in my elemental theories. It's too bad Veleth can't use fire. xp you're screwed, V! gonk ]  

b10n1cl3k1n6

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Funem

Sparkly Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:01 am
(( actually, notice that i said that the armor was living. By that interpretation, the metal actually acts like a living source of water by constantly swirling around and refreshing its surface. By that, it can remain largely unaffected by extreme temperature variances. I once had someone try to melt me alive once and it didn't work according to plan. He altered his strategy and sat on top of me with a constant source of heat, forcing me to tunnel below ground to cool my metal and recover from burns. smile other than that, the only thing Yanara can do to remain unaffected by extremes is to retract the metal to take up as little surface area as possible on her body in order to amplify her range of motion and to prevent her joints from locking up under extreme prolonged bouts of below freezing temperatures. Don't forget how Kelvin affects metal!! It turns it into a magnetic state! ))  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:58 am
[You have a point there. a liquid metal... sounds a lot like Mercury. 3nodding I've always wanted to play with that, but apparently now people are to scared of even a little exposure to radiation poisoning. stare cowards.]  

b10n1cl3k1n6

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Funem

Sparkly Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:49 pm
(( no she isn't using mercury per se. She is, basically, keeping the atoms of the metal loose and flowing rather than keeping them tight together as they are in the structure she created. ))  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:53 pm
[Like Mercury, yet not. whee That really is a good tactic for one who can control metal. Now, how to beat it...well, fire can superheat it to the point where it melts, which in turn forces her to constantly do whatever(not thinking straight), or supercool it to the point where it freezes. either that or use huge magnetic forces.]  

b10n1cl3k1n6

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Funem

Sparkly Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:17 pm
Funem
(( actually, notice that i said that the armor was living. By that interpretation, the metal actually acts like a living source of water by constantly swirling around and refreshing its surface. By that, it can remain largely unaffected by extreme temperature variances. I once had someone try to melt me alive once and it didn't work according to plan. He altered his strategy and sat on top of me with a constant source of heat, forcing me to tunnel below ground to cool my metal and recover from burns. smile other than that, the only thing Yanara can do to remain unaffected by extremes is to retract the metal to take up as little surface area as possible on her body in order to amplify her range of motion and to prevent her joints from locking up under extreme prolonged bouts of below freezing temperatures. Don't forget how Kelvin affects metal!! It turns it into a magnetic state! ))

~~*RPG Area!*~~~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff