Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Circulars or Double Pointed? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Circular or Double Pointed?
  Circular
  Double Pointed
View Results

Jennivieve

Peaceful Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:32 am
KariudoMegami
Personally speaking, I prefer DPNs. I've tried circs, but the wire kinda annoyed me, and I didn't like the transition from wire to needle. However, I've only tried knitting on not-very-expensive circs, and I've been told that it can make a difference. *shrug*

I also have that trouble with circulars. Personally, I prefer straights, but I do have some experience (and more success than with circulars) with dpn.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:12 pm
CMaSiriusgirl
Am I the only one that chose dpn's? I love them because they can handle very small number of stitches very easily. I use them for most of my projects.

I use DP too, I like the finished product better and I'm comfortable with them.  

LauralV

sparklingbutterfly

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:28 am
Personally I use both. Although with DPNs I am just learning.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:37 am
I tryed double pointed, i failed miserably. Nowi make my own circular needles out of nylon so i can shorten it as I go. It works fine for now, and my head hugger is growing.....  

AkantusLeaf

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:38 am
I've never heard of home made ones before... I like dpns for small size circular knitting but for hats and bigger things circs are very handy. I like to use my circs when I knit large flat items too. My fluffy shawl would not have been possible to knit on straight needles for example.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:58 pm
It depends what it is. I use both. I have to knit my socks one at a time on DPNs. I feel that it goes faster that way. I use DPNs for cuff sleeves. When the circumference gets smaller and smaller, it gets really hard to use the circulars and have to swith to the DPNs. I just worry about it stretching. Also, I have 8" circulars and it is hard on my hands... However, I do not like to sew seams so I will use circulars for tops and cardis and make a fake seam.  

kittenishness

Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces