• Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:41 pm
Zephyrkitty
xX_Kyro_Freed_Xx
Zephyrkitty
teh_n00b_huntr
I would have beat the gerudo training grounds if not for the fact that I opened the wrong doors so I ran out of keys before getting the chest gonk I tried it before getting to the spirit temple

I did that one time. It was made worse because I was saving as I went. D:

Personally, I'd say the Gerudo Training Ground is harder. The Water Temple has a few really difficult things to remember, and then you're fine. The training grounds have a lot more room to mess up, even if you've beaten it before.

xX_Kyro_Freed_Xx
Gerudo Training grounds can be quite hard if you get in there before you have all the equipment needed xD

I used the air boots to get at some of the stuff that requires the long shot

I agree, but how did you get the Hover Boots before the Longshot?

I'm afraid I do not remember much anymore , I remember getting the hook shot before the long shot...my gaming sessions were usually played from 12am-5/6am this was when I was 15 mind you that was four years ago ^^;

I'm not surprised. The Longshot is an improved version of the Hookshot, and you can't even get to the Longshot without the Hookshot.

If you figure out how you did it, tell me. Getting the Hover Boots before the Longshot sounds like a fun excuse to play OoT again.

The only special item you need to get the Hover Boots is the Eye of Truth. If you can get up to the Shadow Temple without using the Nocturne of Shadow, they're yours.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:47 pm
The reason everybody complains about the water temples and not the training grounds is because you don't need to beat the training grounds to progress further in the game (and you really don't need the ice arrows). So if the Training Grounds are driving you crazy, you can simply leave and never return, but if the water temple's drving you up the wall, good luck to you, you have to finish it. And if you screw up, IT'S ALL OVER!! xp  

GrowingDandelion

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100

Backyard Bottomslash

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:18 pm
Wantcookie
Zephyrkitty
xX_Kyro_Freed_Xx
Zephyrkitty
teh_n00b_huntr
I would have beat the gerudo training grounds if not for the fact that I opened the wrong doors so I ran out of keys before getting the chest gonk I tried it before getting to the spirit temple

I did that one time. It was made worse because I was saving as I went. D:

Personally, I'd say the Gerudo Training Ground is harder. The Water Temple has a few really difficult things to remember, and then you're fine. The training grounds have a lot more room to mess up, even if you've beaten it before.

xX_Kyro_Freed_Xx
Gerudo Training grounds can be quite hard if you get in there before you have all the equipment needed xD

I used the air boots to get at some of the stuff that requires the long shot

I agree, but how did you get the Hover Boots before the Longshot?

I'm afraid I do not remember much anymore , I remember getting the hook shot before the long shot...my gaming sessions were usually played from 12am-5/6am this was when I was 15 mind you that was four years ago ^^;

I'm not surprised. The Longshot is an improved version of the Hookshot, and you can't even get to the Longshot without the Hookshot.

If you figure out how you did it, tell me. Getting the Hover Boots before the Longshot sounds like a fun excuse to play OoT again.

The only special item you need to get the Hover Boots is the Eye of Truth. If you can get up to the Shadow Temple without using the Nocturne of Shadow, they're yours.

Between finally getting a Rumble Pak and this information, I'll be replaying this game again. biggrin

...As soon as I finish DK64. XD I can't stop playing at 86% completion!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:58 am
Even though both were a pain for me, I have to give the one-finger salute to the Water Temple, simply because I had to restart my game because I got completely stuck. I'm not even joking about this, I had found every single key except one-only problem was, that key was stuck behind a rock that had pushed down a hole from above. I couldn't move it forward or back, and there was no way for me to get around the block to the key. Even when I left and came back, the dungeon didn't reset itself, so I was still stuck. I eventually gave up and restarted my game from scratched, going on to finally beat the water temple and the rest of the game.  

drumminglink

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:07 pm
I'm half and half.

Water Temple because of Dark Link. Training Ground because the the item you get is useless.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:33 pm
KyuubiNaruto4
Dark Link
xd  

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:42 pm
Wantcookie
KyuubiNaruto4
Dark Link
xd

The first time I fought him I kept using Din's Fire until I ran out of magic power and then just hoped I got lucky. After that I found out that the Megaton Hammer worked well for that fight.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:52 pm
gonk
I do not look forward to finishing this game (Yes, I just got the master collection thing for the gamecube, I'm just getting started)  

nerdyninja

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:26 pm
nerdyninja
gonk
I do not look forward to finishing this game (Yes, I just got the master collection thing for the gamecube, I'm just getting started)

If it makes you feel better, we're complaining about two areas in the game, one of which is optional. I had issues with other areas, but those were less 'this is way too difficult' and more 'this area is creepy, can I leave yet? D:'. The whole game isn't as bad as we make it out to be.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:25 am
I think the farthest I ever got was to Jaboo or whatever it's called.

But my younger brother has finished the game like a dozen times.

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

melonkuma

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:39 pm
User Image
Happy Holidays!

I remember the Water Temple being waaay harder than anything else in the game. But it's also been a long time since I beat it, and it was a joint effort between me and my siblings.

...<3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:04 pm
I personally think they were both a b***h!!!! gonk i mean... having to look for all those keys in the Gerudo Training Ground... and THEN having to guess the right doors to open in order to get to the Ice Arrows! scream But, then again, you didn't have to complete the Gerudo Training Ground in order to beat the game. And in the Water Temple, I couldn't finish it AT ALL! I ended up finding my own path to take in order to get to the last dungeon key. Then when my sister played the game, I witnessed her beating the Water Temple and finding out that you had to blow up a wall in order to get to a rock slab. gonk i felt like an IDIOT! .... oh well! blaugh  

churroman13

Dragons_maw

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:39 pm
I had to have my friends help on the water temple. the guerdo training was a pain but i still managed to get through it.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:48 pm
lul necro.

In b4 topic picks up again, followed by lock.  

5ir Psycho 5exy

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:01 pm
Man, the water temple was a lot harder. The prophesy has been fulfilled.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff