Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:26 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
Barru
I knew it, I saw some new portions of the movie and he does have a 1911.
Although this one is either stainless or Nickel plated.
Parkerized, all the way through. Saw it tonight. He names off his old Army regiment: 506th Airborne, Second Battalion, E Company.

Easy Company. Speirs' company. Ronald Speirs was his commanding officer in Korea.

Carries a First Cav Zippo, though, so I could be wrong. All in all though, it was a great movie, and funny as hell. Seriously, it's an absolute riot until about the last half hour.

Really? It's Parkerized?
Maybe it's how the lighting reflected.
Well that just makes it even better.
xd
I don't think they were prop guns, either. He locks and loads his M1 like a pro in one scene, and in another he's got both disassembled and strewn all over his kitchen table as he wipes down the outside of the 1911's barrel.

Also, there was a credit for "Armorer".

Ooo nice, must have been the real deal.

I bet some of the film crew were shitting their pants and were wanting uebersafety.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:04 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
Barru
Parkerized, all the way through. Saw it tonight. He names off his old Army regiment: 506th Airborne, Second Battalion, E Company.

Easy Company. Speirs' company. Ronald Speirs was his commanding officer in Korea.

Carries a First Cav Zippo, though, so I could be wrong. All in all though, it was a great movie, and funny as hell. Seriously, it's an absolute riot until about the last half hour.

Really? It's Parkerized?
xd
I don't think they were prop guns, either. He locks and loads his M1 like a pro in one scene, and in another he's got both disassembled and strewn all over his kitchen table as he wipes down the outside of the 1911's barrel.

I bet some of the film crew were shitting their pants and were wanting uebersafety.
Got to watch it again today. mrgreen

First Cav, not airborne. It's stamped all over his foot locker. The 1911 is definitely parkerized, and in one scene he rips the Asian kid a new one for pointing Clint's M1 in his face. Also,
User Image
with the dialog "I'll blow a hole in your face, go inside, and sleep like a baby. In Korea, we used to stack ******** like you five feet high and use you for sandbags," is more intimidating than anything I've heard from even the Gunny.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:09 am
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
Barru

Really? It's Parkerized?
xd

Got to watch it again today. mrgreen

First Cav, not airborne. It's stamped all over his foot locker. The 1911 is definitely parkerized, and in one scene he rips the Asian kid a new one for pointing Clint's M1 in his face. Also,
User Image
with the dialog "I'll blow a hole in your face, go inside, and sleep like a baby. In Korea, we used to stack ******** like you five feet high and use you for sandbags," is more intimidating than anything I've heard from even the Gunny.

mrgreen

AWESOME!

I went and saw the movie today. It's friggin awesome. Although I didn't see him rip the kid a new one for pointing the rifle in his face, all I saw him do was push it to the side and take it away from him.
Didn't expect it to end like that though.
Well kind of, but not exactly like that.

I saw Defiance as well.
The movie ran late for whatever reason, you'd think the movie would start at 11;25, but no they kept playing ads and I missed 10-20 minutes of the beginning of Defiance.
stare
I timed it right, if the movie started at 11:25 like it stated it would have ended at about 12:41 and the showing of Defiance was at 1:00.
Where were the endless ******** commercials then eh? Got out of Gran Torino at 1:20 or so. I didn't look too closely because I saw it then went oh s**t and started running.
Pricks, I guess that's how I roll.

In Defiance I didn't see too much that I didn't disprove of.
If we're going to nitpick I saw some restricted barrels for blank firing on some weapons and in one part of the story a lady says a guy with a gun raped her and later on the girl she told tells the lead character that a German raped her. A German? Perhaps, but it could be some Russian a*****e or some other p***k, perhaps a lie to get him going, or in better words, assumed truth.

Tons of Mosins, one or more with brass end caps on the handguards. Ooo la la!
A TT-33, P38s, Ppsh41s, MP40s, Mauser K98s (one scene a kid had a Russian Capture neutral , you be the judge)
I couldn't really tell what revolver they had, to me it didn't look too much like a Nagant although I did see one near the end of the movie, MG34s whee , not too many Lugers which is what you would expect and some type of breech loading shotgun.

Now for the Police station, the way they shot it I couldn't make face from a** but usually the police were given lesser firearms, like Walther PPKs or captured weapons unless they were really good like M1 Garands, BARs, Thompsons or Browning .50 cals those went to the fighting boys. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:11 pm
OberFeldwebel
Although I didn't see him rip the kid a new one for pointing the rifle in his face, all I saw him do was push it to the side and take it away from him.
Yeah, that wasn't exactly the phrase I meant to use. But you know what I mean.
Quote:
I know. It was certainly interesting, and parts make a lot more sense the second time around.

Quote:
If we're going to nitpick I saw some restricted barrels for blank firing on some weapons and in one part of the story a lady says a guy with a gun raped her and later on the girl she told tells the lead character that a German raped her. A German? Perhaps, but it could be some Russian a*****e or some other p***k, perhaps a lie to get him going, or in better words, assumed truth.

A TT-33, P38s, Ppsh41s, MP40s, Mauser K98s (one scene a kid had a Russian Capture neutral , you be the judge)
I couldn't really tell what revolver they had, to me it didn't look too much like a Nagant although I did see one near the end of the movie, MG34s whee , not too many Lugers which is what you would expect and some type of breech loading shotgun.

Now for the Police station, the way they shot it I couldn't make out a face from an a** but usually the police were given lesser firearms, like Walther PPKs or captured weapons.
Oh, it's a WW2 movie? I was wondering why Daniel Craig had an MP40 in the poster.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:02 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Although I didn't see him rip the kid a new one for pointing the rifle in his face, all I saw him do was push it to the side and take it away from him.
Quote:
I know. It was certainly interesting, and parts make a lot more sense the second time around.

Quote:

Now for the Police station, the way they shot it I couldn't make out a face from an a** but usually the police were given lesser firearms, like Walther PPKs or captured weapons.
Oh, it's a WW2 movie? I was wondering why Daniel Craig had an MP40 in the poster.

Whaaaat?
You're joking about that right? Why are you joking?

... I was just pointing out what guns they had in the movie...  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:24 pm
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Quote:

Quote:

Whaaaat?

You must realize that the first I heard of that movie was the poster I saw Friday night when I went to see Gran Torino. The only thing I've seen since that time was the same movie poster on my way to see Gran Torino last night. All I know is that it stars Daniel Craig, and he's holding an MP40. Also, every weapon you listed off is WW2 vintage, so I figured it was a safe assumption.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:41 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Quote:

Quote:

Whaaaat?

You must realize that the first I heard of that movie was the poster I saw Friday night when I went to see Gran Torino. The only thing I've seen since that time was the same movie poster on my way to see Gran Torino last night. All I know is that it stars Daniel Craig, and he's holding an MP40. Also, every weapon you listed off is WW2 vintage, so I figured it was a safe assumption.

Oh lol, I thought you were being a smart a**.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:03 pm
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
Barru

Really? It's Parkerized?
xd

I would be surprised if the guns didn't belong to Clint Eastwood him self.  

Freak_090
Captain

Xarich

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:58 pm
I bet you Clint and the Gunny play 18 holes every week or so.
They seem like they would get along.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:10 am
Freak_090
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
Barru

Really? It's Parkerized?
xd

I would be surprised if the guns didn't belong to Clint Eastwood him self.

Armorer is David Frencl or something to that effect.
But that doesn't mean that he doesn't have those guns already.  

OberFeldwebel

Chatterbox/Humor

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces