PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:14 am
uryu ishida
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Carried concealed right?

Mainstream as in;
Colt, S&W, Kimber, Glock, Springfield, uh... Magnum Research...

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=119347296

The Baby Eagle might be something to look into if it's not oversized like the adult. xd
Don't get an Eagle for CCW if you want to reload and live. My friend said something about a free-floating magazine or something like that. Anyway, it means if you put the magazine in wrong it becomes a jam-o-matic. I hear S&W makes some wonderful small pistols. Heard good things about the 3913.

Oh so they make sucky 9mms? Well that's good to know.

Ah yes, but I wasn't aware that the Bersa made a 9mm.
I'm assuming. The Baby Eagle looks like a scaled-down DEagle, and the DEagle had that problem.
The Baby Eagle I've used didn't have that problem, I just (personally) didn't like the ergonomics. I used the .45ACP version.
After a bit of research, it looks like the Baby Eagle is ACTUALLY more based off of the CZ-75 line than the Desert Eagle. I haven't seen a thing about a free-floated magazine.
Well then, it seems I stand corrected. My friend jammed his DEagle by loading it wrong two or three times while we were shooting, and he only reloaded six or seven times total.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:55 pm
Ok, We are getting my dad a pistol but the price range has increased to $500 and he would like a gun in .357sig. I am recommending the XD357, but I'm not sure about the recoil on .357sigs seeing as they have more ft/lbs than a .45. We are going to a gun show on the 3rd and 4th to see what we can find.

If we do get a 357sig I will be sure to do some penetration tests.  

Freak_090
Captain

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:26 am
Freak_090
Ok, We are getting my dad a pistol but the price range has increased to $500 and he would like a gun in .357sig. I am recommending the XD357, but I'm not sure about the recoil on .357sigs seeing as they have more ft/lbs than a .45. We are going to a gun show on the 3rd and 4th to see what we can find.

I know Glock makes .357SIG pistols, but once you leave the 9mms you risk buying a grenade. At least, unless you plan on never using reloads. Most people really never do get around to reloading in my experience.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:58 am
Extend the price to at least $100 more and get this;

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=119434213

get ready to repaint it though.

Or about 200 more for this.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=119272277  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:06 am
OberFeldwebel
get ready to repaint it though.
Actually, if you painted of that in coyote brown and matched the grips, it might be a really nice looking gun.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:23 am
Fresnel
Freak_090

I know Glock makes .357SIG pistols, but once you leave the 9mms you risk buying a grenade. At least, unless you plan on never using reloads. Most people really never do get around to reloading in my experience.

From what I've seen Glocks are go for about $50-100 more than XDs and don't even come with a holster or anything.  

Freak_090
Captain

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:20 am
Freak_090
Fresnel
Freak_090

From what I've seen Glocks are go for about $50-100 more than XDs and don't even come with a holster or anything.
Gunbroker has no XDs in .357 and the MSRP on Springfield's site is $0. I don't think they sell them yet. Gunbroker has a few Glock 32s for just under $500.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:54 pm
Fresnel
Gunbroker has no XDs in .357 and the MSRP on Springfield's site is $0. I don't think they sell them yet. Gunbroker has a few Glock 32s for just under $500.

$450 for a Compact XD.357  

Freak_090
Captain

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:44 pm
Freak_090
Fresnel

Same site sells a G32 for a bit over $500. Seems your choice is made.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:16 pm
Fresnel
Freak_090
Fresnel

So, other than Glock and XDs are their any other good pistols out there in my price range?  

Freak_090
Captain

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:05 am
Freak_090
Fresnel
Freak_090
Fresnel

So, other than Glock and XDs are their any other good pistols out there in my price range?
Nothing comes to mind, but I know extremely few pistols in .357SIG. Although I'd think you'd want to look and see if SIG has any pistols, 'cos it's their round.

EDIT: Apparently, the SIG P226 in .357 is the standard issue of a handful of PDs (including Bastrop County Sheriff's department in Texas, and the Texas DPS), and the Secret Service. Maybe you can find a police trade-in in your area.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:36 pm
Fresnel
Freak_090
Fresnel
Freak_090
Fresnel

Nothing comes to mind, but I know extremely few pistols in .357SIG. Although I'd think you'd want to look and see if SIG has any pistols, 'cos it's their round.

EDIT: Apparently, the SIG P226 in .357 is the standard issue of a handful of PDs (including Bastrop County Sheriff's department in Texas, and the Texas DPS), and the Secret Service. Maybe you can find a police trade-in in your area.

Gander had Police trade ins near me but their only Sig 226s were in .40 Short and Wimpy.

Oh snap.  

OberFeldwebel

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:04 pm
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
Freak_090
Fresnel
Freak_090
Fresnel

Gander had Police trade ins near me but their only Sig 226s were in .40 Short and Wimpy.

Oh snap.

Gander wants $759 for a "New Item" SA XD.40 stare

Note: XD.40 NOT XDm  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:07 pm
Freak_090
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
Freak_090
Fresnel

Oh snap.

Gander wants $759 for a "New Item" SA XD.40 stare

Note: XD.40 NOT XDm

So, XD.40 is old, XDm is new.

Hey, is that a grip safety like the ones that they have on the 1911s on that XDm?  

OberFeldwebel

Buying and Advice

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces