Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Common Room~* (chatterbox, life, socializing)
Order of the Eclipse - pagan order...accepting new members Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:12 pm
Yes and no. The time limit is meant to be a guideline. For example, Novitiate is six months long, but if you're not prepared for Dedicancy at the end of that six months then you shouldn't move on to it. You should be aiming to, start your Dedicancy at the end of that six months, but it is something you need to feel prepared for.
But at the same time, you shouldn't be spending two years doing a year's work.

The Dedicancy is meant to go for a year, and it's an ongoing thing, so you're doing things weekly rather than, say, writing a particular number of essays over the course of the year or something. So (for example) you're studying a tarot card each week and meditating once a week etc. And of course you'll be checking in on the community, so if you feel like you're doing too much or not enough you can ask others and we'll see what's going on ^_^

Just to clarify - a hearth culture isn't something that you're just studying. It's something you're working your spiritual practise into. So if it's a culture you're interested in but not one that involves the gods you worship, it might not be the best culture to choose. Ideally you should already know a little about it, or you might be surprised by some of the things the culture involves or ritual requires ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:37 am
I've gone away, thought about it and decided that joining the order may be very good for me. I recently found my Hearth Culture so I feel confident that I could complete the course of study with little interuption to my other studies.

Anymore info I need before I join?

xx  

doistu

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:22 am
I am a proud member of the order. I am almost ready to start my dedicancy in the next few weeks. I've linked and showed the order to other people as well and they have thanked me for the link. It's been helpful in finding a focus for my practice and developing my spirituality.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:02 pm
I'm thinking of making a Gaia Guild for the Order, because the LJ system isn't working for everyone and at this point I think everyone's a member of Gaia anyway.

Would like a little input for members who are a part of this guild too: would you like a Gaia guild? Would you be more likely to contribute to the community aspect if we had one? Would you find it useful or helpful personally?  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

[ Nicolette ]

6,100 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:27 pm
Well I think it would be easier [not to mention more aesthetically pleasing] if there was a Gaia Guild; the format on the previous site was kinda confusing. Not to mention I think there'd be more of a discussion thing going on; last time I checked your site I think the last time it was updated was...well, a long time ago. XD I'd definitely try and pitch in often, since it's good for novices, dedicants and the like to help each other with forming the basis of their faith and discussing rituals. If you need money, I can give it to you. XD I'm such a money hoarder.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:55 pm
Wait... you're a member? 0_o  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

[ Nicolette ]

6,100 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:25 am
XDD Well I never posted/registered or anything there but I've been inspired to work on centering my faith for about a month now, using your order's outline. So technically, yes, I'm a member. [More so a lurker but who cares? <3]  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:35 am
Actually, no, that's not how it works. This is a formal Order. You're in or you're not. I'm actually somewhat taken aback that you would take the Order's structure and use it yourself. Did you even ask?

Who cares? I care. You are not a member.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

[ Nicolette ]

6,100 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:59 pm
Oh, I didn't see anything that said you had to be like a member-member. I'm sorry! I thought it was like membership for the site. I'm really sorry. x____x Just uh, ignore me then? I tend to skim things so that's probably why I didn't really see anything...  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:43 pm
It's not a website you can join in the way that you join, say, Gaia. It's like an organization. If you want to join, you have to contact me through PM or email and we discuss whether it's right for you and if you have any questions, and then you join.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

[ Nicolette ]

6,100 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:11 pm
I'm really sorry for offending you, and it was my fault in the first place for not reading the important things. I won't bother you with an excuse, but I can't stress how sorry I am. And my offer to pay for your guild still stands.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:30 pm
Apology accepted. The Order took, and takes, quite a bit of work and it irritates me that people might nick off with my structure without asking. I'm happy if you want to join, and I'm happy if you want to go off and make your own structure, but... y'know how it is.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

[ Nicolette ]

6,100 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:20 pm
Well, I mean, I want to join; I wouldn't certainly claim your structure as my own or anything, I was just unsure about the whole membership deal as I said I skimmed through it. But enough of redundancy; I'm about to pass out, so we'll have to discuss this later. Thank you for accepting my apology <3  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:15 pm
<3 I just now noticed this sticky, and I think I am absolutely overjoyed!

I wish to join the order, definitely.
Because of my young age, no matter how dedicated I am, I need guidance. This is absolutely perfect to keep my studies and practices on track.

I try very very hard, but this will help me out tremendously.  

Ellisari

XxChompyR4averxX

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:39 pm
I would love to join, but..I'll need some time to think it through.  
*~Common Room~* (chatterbox, life, socializing)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games