Submit

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:13 pm
Those grew in my grandmother's old yard.
I learned that if I am left alone with them, my natural urge is to pick apart all the pieces.

My great grandfather used to have a pot of them, and shortly after he died, they died too. This is a story randomly told in my family.
I guess plants that have become a little too self aware are considered story material.
Thing is, they leave out that the bleeding hearts were given to my grandmother, a woman who has had cactus plants dry out on her.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:15 am
those are so pretty... heart  

Angelica_Eve_Nguyen

Angelic Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200

Teachidoll

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:43 am
so pretty.What other gothy plants are there?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:15 pm
there cool lookin!!! biggrin  

samsookool

Autumn Caledonia

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:24 pm
Wow, I've never seen those flowers before. Those are really cool.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:29 pm
The Goth Apple
My mother raised those ever since I was little. Apparently there's a fairy tale associated with them, but I can't really remember all of it. I'll bug her about it.

There was a poor woman with a beautiful daughter who had just reached a marriageable age at the time that the local lord was searching for a bride. While the girl was lovely, and she managed to get herself clean; the girl was still dressed in rags and was in no way presentable to a lord, much less a lord she was hoping to marry.
So her mother took a needle and stabbed herself in the heart, drawing out the blood and spinning it in her fingers like yarn. The thread of blood swelled like a seedpod and burst out a beautiful gown. The mother repeated this process for a veil, and shoes, and petticoats, and the entire trappings of a lady of the court. The mother gave these to her daughter and her to go to meet the lord, while she went out and sat in the garden for a moment.
Thus clothed, the daughter went and met with the lord, and this being a fairytale, they fell in love and got married straightaway.
The mother, meanwhile, having lost alot of blood, curled up in the garden and died. It wasn't until years later, when the lady of the lands was traveling, she noticed a small hovel with a beautiful garden. Then she remembered that she had grown up there, and of her mother's sacrifice.
Filled with shame and regret, the lady ran into the garden, finding it completely covered in bleeding hearts.

I'm rather fuzzy on the details, but that's the gist of it.

In the Philippines we call these stories "Alamat" or legend I really like it heart heart  

Sautana

ii-See-Stars-x

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:35 pm
whoa those are sweet! i've never seen those before... those are so beautiful... and the color is really nice too  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:54 pm
My grandma had one of those plants. It still blooms and grows each year by the front porch.  

Requiem Dare

Sugar Tree

Eloquent Bloodsucker

11,400 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:02 am
The fairy tale is very sweet, but so sad =(

My mum and I have one of these growing on the north side of our house mrgreen

Very.Slowly.Dying.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:39 pm
they're adorable! oh, now I want some too! =)  

haunted milkshake

MediaclCunt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:38 pm
They are so cute. They kinda make me think of "Kingdom Hearts".  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff