Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hanging around in graveyards:
  Stereo-typical
  Nice
View Results

NewAgeAntique

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:30 pm
I like the graveyard in my town. I don't really know about graveyards in general, but this one is on sloping hills next to a lake. It's very old and grassy, and the road through it is small and meandering. There are hardly ever any people there so it's a peacefull place to go and read or just cat-nap in the sun.
I guess that's a bit weird because there's dead people under the ground. But there are also dead animals on the road and that doesn't stop us from driving on them.
I can't imagine going there to "hang out" with friends though. It's to serene, and untouchable. Also my friend's grandfather is buried there so if I went with her it'd be a respectful mourning visit, not a fun time to hang around.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:09 pm
I don't know.
I like graveyards, I find them quite, peaceful and one of the only places people actually aren't killed so it's safe.  

ThePoeticNothing

Sebastian J Mesonge

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:41 pm
I like graveyards. Its nice to see that people care and I like to leave a cookie or some other sweet/flowers on the graves with nothing on them
I go there for inspiration for some reason. (dont ask me why I don't know)  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:09 pm
I like the atmosphere of them, what can I say...  

MediaclCunt

darkrock64

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:47 am
i like graveyards i feel at home there.
i plan to buy a witchboard and try to contact my aunt someday.
creepy i know.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:43 pm
User Image
I've always loved Graveyards, i used to play in the one near where i lived when i was little.
Somehow its just so peaceful, and beautiful to be there, you can be alone, yet at the same time your not..

User Image

Dark Absolution

Mechanical Death

Witty Lunatic

16,325 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Winged 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:07 am
The War on Indifference
Blackrose Kaire
Honestly I find all these kids hanging around in the graveyards, stomping around on the graves and sitting on or messing with the gravestones and all that whatnot very disrespectful. sad

Indeed. I may not fully understand the reaches of "Respect for the dead", but HxC kids making a resting place into a hotspot sounds fairly objectionable.

It's ridiculous that kids do that.
I go in graveyard picnics.
It's very peaceful and calming, and we're respectful to the graves. We usually bring flowers for them too.
In the Victorian ages people had picnics in graveyards on a regular basis.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:07 am
darkrock64
i like graveyards i feel at home there.
i plan to buy a witchboard and try to contact my aunt someday.
creepy i know.

lol.
if you think that's creepy you're in the wrong place.  

Mechanical Death

Witty Lunatic

16,325 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Winged 100
  • Prayer Circle 200

Bloody Loon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:14 am
I've been there before. Gotta say, the only reason I ever went back is because the bodies apparently make really really really good fertilizer, because the moss is probably softer than my mattress. It's also pretty quiet. Going at night because it's 'goth' is probably 'goff', but I gotta say, it's pretty damn comfortable.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:36 pm
One of my friends likes to go down to ours and have picnics. We have a pretty nice one, and there's hardly anyone ever there, in a way. So if you didn't want to be bothered by little kids or creepy old men, I would see why it would be better than a park.

But I'm very allergic to grass, so I've only been in there once, and I don't go to parks unless I have to. o.o;

Morrighu

Distrustful Kitten

6,625 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:12 pm
Morrighu
One of my friends likes to go down to ours and have picnics. We have a pretty nice one, and there's hardly anyone ever there, in a way. So if you didn't want to be bothered by little kids or creepy old men, I would see why it would be better than a park.

But I'm very allergic to grass, so I've only been in there once, and I don't go to parks unless I have to. o.o;

I wouldn't be too certain of cemeteries being devoid of them.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:29 pm
-Resurrected Writer-
Morrighu

I wouldn't be too certain of cemeteries being devoid of them.

Yeah, that's true. xD;

Morrighu

Distrustful Kitten

6,625 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175

missamphigouri

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:28 pm
I don't really care much for graveyards, considering the ones around here are all new and shiny looking and not atmospheric whatsoever. Now, maybe I could see visiting a graveyard if I lived in New England. They're much more spooky and cute there. Otherwise, it's just a false badge of "I'm so goff"... and it's pretty boring.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:37 pm
I have thought of going there to get some peace. But never done so. Too many of my reletives are buried in the graveyard so when I go there it is to mourn, and having a hard time acceting my dad died I dont like to go there often.  

Blackdeviation

900 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

vincejustvince

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:51 am
All these people...all these names..where are they all now? Have they simply been swallowed up by the Earth or have they transcended to a higher plane of existence?  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff