Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Back to Guilds

Reply New Moon
Leave Disney OUT Of New Moon! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who do you want to play Leah Clearwater?
  Vanessa Hudgens
  Brenda Song
  Other (it would be nice if you posted a picture if you are thinking of a specific person)
View Results

Evil_Dark_Kitty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:32 am
xXSira Rosalie CullenXx
La Beaute
Seriously, they both dont even look like they could be or play a 20yr old =/

Man i love your pick Olivia was perfect i almost didn't realize it was 13 from house.
But you know my dad just made me think of another actress i think could pull off a great Leah. Megan Fox the girl who was in Transformer she played Mikaela.

I was thinking exactly the same thing b4 I saw your post.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:49 pm
Evil_Dark_Kitty
xXSira Rosalie CullenXx
La Beaute

Man i love your pick Olivia was perfect i almost didn't realize it was 13 from house.
But you know my dad just made me think of another actress i think could pull off a great Leah. Megan Fox the girl who was in Transformer she played Mikaela.

I was thinking exactly the same thing b4 I saw your post.

great minds think a like biggrin  

X-Freiheit93-X

Jellycones

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:22 pm
asdfghjkl!

i thought the whole "leah played by vanessa hudgens" thing was just a rumor, but my mom says she's been hearing on the news that vanessa has been auditioning for it.

I know this may sound horrible and ignorant but I really don't want her to play Leah.

I agree with you guys on Megan Fox, but I think Megan Fox is a little tooooo pretty to play Leah =P

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:17 pm
well it didn't say in the book that Leah isn't pretty. it just said she's got a bad temper and stuff like that.
though i'm filipino and so is vanessa hudgens, i have to say no to her. Leah does not "break free" and she seriously is in no mood to sing and be happy at all.. but who knows, maybe they'll hire a good actress to play Leah's character. i just hope they do. 3nodding  

CiNnA vAniLLa

Gaian

La Beaute

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:42 pm
CiNnA vAniLLa
well it didn't say in the book that Leah isn't pretty. it just said she's got a bad temper and stuff like that.
though i'm filipino and so is vanessa hudgens, i have to say no to her. Leah does not "break free" and she seriously is in no mood to sing and be happy at all.. but who knows, maybe they'll hire a good actress to play Leah's character. i just hope they do. 3nodding

Stephenie actually described Leah as being exotically attractive..  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:50 pm
I think that anyone can act if they really wanna. So Vanessa is okay to me. Brenda, on the other hand, isn't. 'London' is so fake, it just won't work. And I think that this choice will matter more in Eclipse, and BD. So they should choose carefully. It's like how they chose Jacob in Twilight. They knew it would matter in NW. But anyway, I think that they should pick someone else to play Leah. Honestly, I really hate Leah. But still, they should pick less-known, but still semi-famous actors. Like someone who played a best friend. When ya think about it, even Robert and Kristen weren't that big. So a less-known actor would fit into the cast. She'd be famous after the movie can out anyway. So, yeah. Vanessa would be out of the Twilight family, and all that.  

VanillaSugar11

.Bucket.of.Joy.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:25 pm
CiNnA vAniLLa

I just cannot possibly imagine Gabriella Montez playing Leah. Plus, Vanessa has that high pitched, whiney, squeaky voice . . . It just won't fit with the whole Leah character Stephenie has created.

I'm really hoping they're going to make a better call on this one, but deep down, I really think it's going to end up being Vanessa . . .

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:33 pm
I just found this, it's from the Los Angeles Times website:

Quote:
UPDATE: Hold your horses, Leah fans. Looks like not only did Hudgens not actually audition for the role, the character of Leah didn't even make the "New Moon" cut. Well, we can still ponder who'll be playing her in "Eclipse," can't we?

So, it looks like, for now anyways, that we don't have to worry too much about who is going to play Leah.

.Bucket.of.Joy.

Jellycones

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:39 pm
Ooh! yay. I hope that is true...because that would be a huuuuuge relief!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:04 am
Yeah a huge relief for that, but then that means they're going to butcher the movie again =/ Oh well, I guess it's a Book/Movie/Director kinda relationship.  

La Beaute

.Bucket.of.Joy.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:22 am
La Beaute
Yeah a huge relief for that, but then that means they're going to butcher the movie again =/ Oh well, I guess it's a Book/Movie/Director kinda relationship.

Well, if you really think about it, I think Leah may only make one small appearance at that one dinner Bella went to at Billy's house . . .
Other than that, she's not even in the book. So, I'm going to have to say that cutting Leah out of New Moon had more to do with saving money, that trying to kill the movie (if there's no Leah (who only appears in one scene anyways) then they don't have to pay the actress).

But remember, Leah's only out for New Moon I'm pretty sure she'll be back for Eclipse and Breaking Dawn (if there is a Breaking Dawn movie).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:21 pm
La Beaute
CiNnA vAniLLa

Stephenie actually described Leah as being exotically attractive..

right! so she IS pretty. well, no one in the book isnt pretty.. emily is pretty but she only had that scar on her face.
so are they really cutting Leah off New Moon? confused  

CiNnA vAniLLa

Gaian

Evil_Dark_Kitty

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:35 pm
Jellycones
asdfghjkl!

i thought the whole "leah played by vanessa hudgens" thing was just a rumor, but my mom says she's been hearing on the news that vanessa has been auditioning for it.

I know this may sound horrible and ignorant but I really don't want her to play Leah.

I agree with you guys on Megan Fox, but I think Megan Fox is a little tooooo pretty to play Leah =P

I think they can un pretty her a bit...thats what make up is for also xp
If only Kristin Kreuk were taller.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:47 am
Brenda....would be a little better~

But Vanessa is certainly OUT OF THE QUESTION! I don't support her!
But Ashey Greene (Alice) does!  

Etzlenos Belliveau

Dapper Phantom

SOM3BODii TOLD M3

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:59 pm
xXSira Rosalie CullenXx
La Beaute

User Image User Image User Image User Image

I vote for her! omg she has the angry face! she looks perfect to me. and i did get the energy to look it up and leah is like 19/20 so yes... yes yes yes i vote for her w/e her name is  
New Moon

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff