Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
More Dark Clouds Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sidal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:24 pm
Not to sound like a smartass or anything, but weren't a majority of rifles developed from civilian arms? I know shotguns and some sniper rifles were developed from their civilian cousins in the hunting arms, but not others.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:41 pm
Sidal
Not to sound like a smartass or anything, but weren't a majority of rifles developed from civilian arms? I know shotguns and some sniper rifles were developed from their civilian cousins in the hunting arms, but not others.

Yeah, many military weapons were based on civilian arms and vice-versa. We borrow a lot from each other. Which is why this is an even bigger blow.  

ArmasTermin

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:37 am
Freak_090
Requiem6661
See, I don't care if they ban guns or not. Once I'm 18, I'm getting a shotgun. End of discussion. If I have to break the law to get it, then I will. The only difference is that I'll get it sawed-off because it'll already be illegal anyways.

My friend's grandpa has already said that he will keep a firearm in the house even if they completely ban guns.

Besides, the 2nd Amendment is in the Bill of Rights- it's supposed to be a GUARANTEED RIGHT. If they can take that away, then they can also take away freedom of speech, the right to a speedy and fair trial and the right to no search without a warrant. It's just another step along the way of becoming the U.S.S.A.

Sawed off = over-rated and pistol grip = OUCH!

I shot some 12gauge dove loads in a Mossberg 500 with a pistol grip and could only handle 2 shots. My dads friend who owns the gun shot about 5 rounds and could barely fire off 2 rounds of 9mm.

You think they haven't?

Freedom of Speech: Patriot Act
No Unlawful Search or Seizure: Patriot Act
Right to a Fair and Speedy Trail: Getmo
Dunno what you were using, but I've shot off flechette and standard #8 rounds in my brother's sawed-off 870, and it didn't hurt one bit. He went out with hot-loaded slugs, but he only did that once or twice. I think the first time he caught himself in the face with the recoil.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:43 am
The way it's worded, which is loosely, it could be any firearm used by the military and was it law enforcement too?

Yeah.

Now, it doesn't necessarily say OUR military.
So really it could apply to ALL military surplus firearms.
Your grandfather, or great grandfather's bring ********/> stare  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:05 pm
OberFeldwebel
The way it's worded, which is loosely, it could be any firearm used by the military and was it law enforcement too?

Yeah.

Of course, if you could find a legitimate sporting purpose for a Barrett .50, you could use it. I know a lot of ranges are banning it though because of its potential for ricochets that go for miles.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:31 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

Yeah.

Of course, if you could find a legitimate sporting purpose for a Barrett .50, you could use it. I know a lot of ranges are banning it though because of its potential for ricochets that go for miles.

Kodiak?  

Freak_090
Captain

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:04 pm
Freak_090
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

Yeah.

Kodiak?
Yeah, I bet. I heard someone talking about bagging a grizzly in Alaska that stretched from his ceiling to his floor, and Kodiaks are bigger? I'd want the biggest gun I could carry. Of course, Barretts are heavy, so they're not well suited to hunting, but another light .50 would do fine.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:45 pm
Fresnel
Freak_090
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

Yeah.

Kodiak?
Yeah, I bet. I heard someone talking about bagging a grizzly in Alaska that stretched from his ceiling to his floor, and Kodiaks are bigger? I'd want the biggest gun I could carry. Of course, Barretts are heavy, so they're not well suited to hunting, but another light .50 would do fine.

If you live in Alaska it's doubtful that you wouldn't be taking a snowmobile or ATV when you went out into the woods.  

Freak_090
Captain

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:01 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

Yeah.

African Safari hunting. I saw some where the people rode in the back of the truck up to some boars and shot them. WTF? Anyway, it'll be easier on your back with that Barret.
Bear too.
Jesus Christ bears have a high defense rating, that and their stamina. Jesus Christ.

Besides, we should have a damn excuse for owning something.
If you have the money to buy it then ******** you should be able to own it.
Would you want a Panzerbüchse?
I would.
I want a tank too!

Yeah, all the ranges around here that I know of don't want the .50 being used at them. Ricocheting and s**t.
If only they made Frangible ammo for .50...  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:22 pm
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

Yeah.

African Safari hunting. I saw some where the people rode in the back of the truck up to some boars and shot them. WTF? Anyway, it'll be easier on your back with that Barret.
Bear too.
Jesus Christ bears have a high defense rating, that and their stamina. Jesus Christ.

I would.
I want a tank too!

Yeah, all the ranges around here that I know of don't want the .50 being used at them. Ricocheting and s**t.
Ben Avery's shooting range backs up to a mountain, and if you ricochet, a .50 could easily go over the mountain and land on I-17. That would be BAD.

Can you imagine the cost of frangible .50's, though? Standard ball is five bucks a shot.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:24 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

Yeah.

Bear too.

I would.
I want a tank too!

Ben Avery's shooting range backs up to a mountain, and if you ricochet, a .50 could easily go over the mountain and land on I-17. That would be BAD.

Can you imagine the cost of frangible .50's, though? Standard ball is five bucks a shot.

$10 p/rnd?
gonk

Yeah, even if they could make them cheap enough demand alone is enough to at least double the price.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:36 pm
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

Yeah.

Bear too.

I would.
I want a tank too!

$10 p/rnd?
gonk

Yeah, even if they could make them cheap enough demand alone is enough to at least double the price.
I know API goes for about $10/rnd, so probably.

...Jesus, can you imagine the impact force of a .50 frangible? The .50 is kind of ineffective because it penetrates the target, and THEN expands, but frangible...  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:47 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

Yeah.

Bear too.

I would.
I want a tank too!

$10 p/rnd?
gonk

I know API goes for about $10/rnd, so probably.

...Jesus, can you imagine the impact force of a .50 frangible? The .50 is kind of ineffective because it penetrates the target, and THEN expands, but frangible...

Almost 0 transfer rate?
Would there be anything left to... eat?
Probably, more than likely it'll be tenderized perfectly.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:31 pm
I've been thinking

he will probably only be able to ban sales. All guns already purchased would probably be equivalent to owning an AR after an Assault weapon ban. It's not like they can walk in and take things you bought...unless its the IRS...wait a ******** damnit...  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:07 am
SBBuckner
I've been thinking

he will probably only be able to ban sales. All guns already purchased would probably be equivalent to owning an AR after an Assault weapon ban. It's not like they can walk in and take things you bought...unless its the IRS...wait a ******** damnit...

But wait, I don't think his ban will expire like the last one.
I think he wants this one to be permanent.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff