Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Writing on the Wall

Back to Guilds

Are you literate? Do you write poetry, short stories, long stories, prose, roleplays. . . anything? Share your talent with the world! 

Tags: Writing, Poetry, Prose, Stories, RolePlay 

Reply The Writing on the Wall
The Imagination Station--Andromeda's train Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

frozenapathies

Perfect Businessman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:28 am
Andromeda_Ascendant
funkyspikemike
nice so that is all you are gonna post? a little teaser?
yes. I am not to fond of people stealing my work. So...yeah. I might post one more page, since it's in such high demand.
Have people stolen your work in the past? I had one of my contest entries stolen and submited in another contest on the same site! I don't know about anyone else here, but I would never take someone elses work and claim it as my own.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:13 pm
Renais
Andromeda_Ascendant
funkyspikemike
yes. I am not to fond of people stealing my work. So...yeah. I might post one more page, since it's in such high demand.
Have people stolen your work in the past? I had one of my contest entries stolen and submited in another contest on the same site! I don't know about anyone else here, but I would never take someone elses work and claim it as my own.

I have never had any of my work stolen, but there's always a first time for everything and I don't like taking chances. Good thing is, I post parts of my book, people have no clue as to what the story line really is about. xd  

+Elora_Delifane+

frozenapathies

Perfect Businessman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:33 pm
Andromeda_Ascendant
Renais
Andromeda_Ascendant
funkyspikemike

I have never had any of my work stolen, but there's always a first time for everything and I don't like taking chances. Good thing is, I post parts of my book, people have no clue as to what the story line really is about. xd
Yea, that would help a bit. I posted my entire story, which at the time only took up 4 pages. -suddenly wonders how long his story would be in Gaia-  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:33 pm
Renais
Andromeda_Ascendant
Renais
Andromeda_Ascendant
funkyspikemike

Yea, that would help a bit. I posted my entire story, which at the time only took up 4 pages. -suddenly wonders how long his story would be in Gaia-

LOL. heart  

+Elora_Delifane+

explode555

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:39 pm
Hey... The character in my story is named Andromeda... eek  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:19 am
explode555

Really? That's awesome. My name is after Rommie on the show Andromeda. LOL. It was a scifi show for all of those who don't know. LOL. I decided to be Andromeda Ascendant (the name of the ship in the show, Rommie is the android of the ship)  

+Elora_Delifane+

explode555

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:47 pm
Andromeda_Ascendant
explode555

Really? That's awesome. My name is after Rommie on the show Andromeda. LOL. It was a scifi show for all of those who don't know. LOL. I decided to be Andromeda Ascendant (the name of the ship in the show, Rommie is the android of the ship)
That's pretty cool. It's Anna, for short, the character in my book...  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:53 pm
I would love to buy your book when it's published. I'm a writers daughter, and my mom's a self published author, I know it's alot to take on. So whenever it's out for sale I will definitely want a signed copy!  

Anneechin23

Faeyra

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:44 am
Andromeda_Ascendant
Pup in Fluff
OOOOH! Sounds very interesting! Post the second chapter when it's finished! I want to read more! 3nodding
LOL. That was only the Intro. LOL. Not the first chapter, but I will post samples of the story. I am planning on getting it published.

*sigh* if I could get published, that would be so grand, i don't know what would happen. but alas, i doubt that i write well enough to be published...
anyway, thats a great intro, though i'm not sure that i like that last sentence (maybe that's just me being stupid at 9:44 in the morning though). it'd be interesting to see what happens next

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:50 am
Thanks all, and if you want to read some more I will post up another page from some other chapter, no asking what happened in between or anything. I like to keep my plots secret.
To Anneechin: Wow! What's the name of your mother's book?
I have a book out already called The Destiny. I think I have the link up here somewhere. If not, here's the link: THE DESTINY
It was inspired by J.K. Rowling. Like I said a on the other page I think, it's been kinda ruined due to the publisher's computers messing it up, but I hope to get it fixed on day.  

+Elora_Delifane+

Faeyra

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:17 pm
Andromeda_Ascendant
Thanks all, and if you want to read some more I will post up another page from some other chapter, no asking what happened in between or anything. I like to keep my plots secret.
I have a book out already called The Destiny. I think I have the link up here somewhere. If not, here's the link: THE DESTINY
It was inspired by J.K. Rowling. Like I said a on the other page I think, it's been kinda ruined due to the publisher's computers messing it up, but I hope to get it fixed on day.

Wow, that's awesome. It gives me hope that maybe I could get published someday... 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:35 pm
Faeyra
Andromeda_Ascendant

Wow, that's awesome. It gives me hope that maybe I could get published someday... 3nodding

Dream big enough, it'll happen.  

+Elora_Delifane+

+Elora_Delifane+

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:30 am
By: Zoe Washbourne
Title: The Day After
Characters Mentioned: Simon/River/Zoe/Wash/Jubal Early/Mal/Jayne/Kaylee
Main Characters: Simon, Zoe, Wash

It had been a week. A week since Jubal Early had come aboard Serenity. A week since River had so cleverly saved everyone. A week since Simon Tam had been shot in the leg.
The young man rolled about in his bed, twisting and turning in his sleep. He was dreaming. Having a nightmare more like it. He was fighting with Jubal Early again and suddenly there was the sound of a shot and he felt a pain in him. It wasn't on his leg though, it was in his chest. He looked down and saw blood pouring from it and he snapped awake, blinking and breathing heavily. His eyes darted aroud the room in a frantic manner and he remembered where he was and that he had just been dreaming.
Closing his eyes Simon sighed heavily and flopped back down on his pillow. He had been having the same dream all week long. He had been getting no sleep on account of it as well and that slightly pissed Mal off cause the young doctor usualy found himself snapping at people. Just the other day he had made the mistake at snapping at Jayne and had recieved a good punch to the face because of it. he groaned and looked upa t the ceiling. He coudl hear the ship creaking and clanking and beeping and making it's normal sounds. He swallowed hard, thinking about how quiet it was besides all of the noise. No one was awake, except perhaps Wash who was probably piloting the ship to some destination.
Getting up and slipping on a shirt and some shoes Simon left his room and went across the hall to River's room. He peeked in to see that she was still sleeping. He figured that the only peace she got was in her sleep, course he could be wrong. He smiled faintly and then left to go to the Mess Hall. Once there he sighed and poured himself a cup of milk and sat down at the table, resting his head in his hands. He was so tired, but he couldn't sleep. Not now anyway. Perhaps things would get better. he could always drug himself to make him sleep.
"Something wrong?" A voice suddenly asked from behind him.
Simon jumped and swung around in his chair. It was Zoe. He sighed with relief. "I can't sleep."
"That seems to be happening lately, doesn't it?" Zoe made her way over to the table. She pulled out a chair and sat down, looking over at him. Her hair was slightly frizzed. Simon was amazed at how beautiful she stayed, no matter what she was doing.
"I'm restless...It'll pass." Simon said quietly.
Zoe tilted her head to one side. "It'll never pass." She said softly. "You were shot. It was your first time. It'll always haunt you. That moment in time when you could have died, but didn't."
Simon looked over at her. "That's not very comforting."
"It's not suppose to be." Zoe reached over the table and took Simon's hand in hers. "All I can say that could possibly comfort you is that we're all here for you and be glad that you're alive. God knows Mal and I have been shot plenty of times and everytime that happens we wake up in cold sweats, thinking of what could have happened, but it's at times like those that we reach out to our friends, family, and we get comfort."
"Mal? Get comfort? The man blocks away his emotions. He won't let anyone in." SImon said. "Who comforts him?"
Zoe chuckled. "See Simon, there's a certain way you have to comfort the Cap'n. It can't be a mushy 'we're here for you' speach, it has to be a look. A nod. Something in your eyes that tells him silently, not out loud. The Cap'n has a hard time responding to certain things such as that."
Simon nodded. He could understand that. He hung his head some, tears filling his eyes now. His hands shook and his face reddened from embarrassment. "I - I just . . .I was so ...He shot me and I didn't have time to think, breath...I froze and I sat there..."
Zoe frowned. "You fought him though. You got shot and then you went after him, and you fought him. You're braver than you think."
"But I could have died."
"Simon, we all live dangerous lives. Anyone one of us could die at any moment. Kaylee's job here on the ship could kill her. Something could spark or backfire and kill her right away, she knows that. Wash's job on the ship keeps us all alive. Without someone to fly the ship, we'd all die. Mal and I do things that put our lives in danger every day, that makes us get new enemies. You got shot, that's gonna happen here on Serenity. You just have to learn to deal with it."
Simon looked up at her. Eyes red ringed. "I don't think I can."
"Then you'll never make it through this life and time. The Verse is a dangerous place Simon, no matter where you live."
She was right and Simon knew it. He wiped away the tears and smiled faintly over at her. "Can I count on all of you to help me through?"
"Yes." Zoe grinned. "The Cap'n and Jayne might seem at times like they'd rather not put up with you, but everyone loves you and River, if there's something wrong, we'll help you through it. Like the saying - "
"When you can't walk, you crawl, and when you can't do that, you get somebody to carry you. I remember hearing Tracey say it." Simon said, his eyes brighting some.
Zoe nodded. "That's right."
Suddenly they heard someone walk in and they both looked over to see Wash standing in the doorway. He looked from his wife to the doctor, then back to his wife. "I'm I missing something?" He asked.
Zoe took her hand away from Simon's and smiled. "We were talking."
Wash raised an eyebrow. "Do I need to worry - should I be worrying?"
Simon rolled his eyes, then looked to Zoe. "Thanks for the talk. I think I'll go to bed now."
Zoe nodded. "Good idea."
"I want to know. Did I miss something?" Wash said again, more frantically this time.
Zoe took her husband by the arm and steered him towards their room. "Come along dear."
Simon chuckled and went back to his room. Once there he stripped off his shirt and shoes and then got under the covers. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes. He wasn't nervous about going to sleep now. He smiled and as sleep took over him, he chuckled.  
The Writing on the Wall

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff