Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
OBAMA!!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

King Robert Silvermyst

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:50 am
Here's my problem with Obama: Spending. All of these 'Bail out' programs causes the mint to pour out more paper money but guess what? The gold that backs them isn't increasing and thus is driving down the value of the dollar. Not to mention the majority of the banks this money was given to turned around and used the money to lobby for MORE MONEY! Give the money to people who are trying to start thier own businesses, not to big corperations. These big businesses mostly outscource jobs to other countries because of cheap labor, so you're not creating jobs that way. Give the money to people who are starting thier own businesses. That's where homegrown jobs are created because the majority of new businesses need staff outside of immediate family, and thus from that comes jobs. Also, do some supervision on how and where the money is being spent.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:09 pm
Pay Per Cuts
I know a guy who was on Extreme Home Makeover.

Lucky b*****d.  

Shigeru the Hero

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:36 am
Gotta love how obama went from an insanely high 88% approval rating down to a 60% approval rating in about a week. After he started doing stuff.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:49 pm
Well, that sure beats the approval rating of our last president. 60% is good enough for me.  

darkslasherX
Crew

tanji73

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:09 am
I'm so glad about that.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:57 am
The Obameter (on the first page, if you missed it) seems to show him working on fulfilling his campaign promises, which is more than most elected officials can say. Looks like he's only broken one promise so far, and only compromised on one as well. Sure, there'll be more to come, but it'll be interesting to see how many he fulfills per promise he breaks or compromises.  

darkslasherX
Crew

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:06 pm
darkslasherX
Well, that sure beats the approval rating of our last president. 60% is good enough for me.

Especially when after 9/11 2001 when Bush had over 90% approval rating. He actually maintained it pretty high for a decent amount of time.

After this stimulus flops, more people see through the facade, and the poor don't get all the stuff they thought they were going to get, Obama will be the GoP's best hope since Carter =D  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:16 pm
At least Obama has an excuse if/when he fails. Well, I guess Bush had one, too, but his is a little more transparent...  

darkslasherX
Crew

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:13 pm
Yes, being fed false information from the CIA, and having the basis of the credit economy compromised by Bill Clinton are pretty good 'excuses'. Admittedly the Iraq War was unnecessary, but congress did in fact vote to have it (a 51-49 Democratic senate to be precise, 29 democrats voted for the war).

I love how people still believe that Bush was the cause of every problem in the nation. Also love the Democratic controlled congress having even lower approval ratings than Bush at his lowest. gg american media, gg.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff