Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
What I would like to see in the next Zelda title Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Zelda Console Game?
  Oot
  Majora's Mask
  Windwaker
  Four Swords
  Twilight Princess
  Other
View Results

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:14 pm
Meta_Fish
Regulust
Actually I'd like to see a Zelda with out Ganondorf, Zelda and Link.

Possibly even a female protagonist.
The Legend of Who?

Link's awakeniiiiiiing.

And pretty much Majora's Mask since she's only in one cut scene. She's never even hinted at in Link's Awakening though.

I don't consider the story to be the problem. After all, Mario Galaxy didn't change a thing and it was still great.

No, it's the mechanics that need to be changed. Zelda needs to become *gasp* more streamlined. If it's along the lines of Phantom Hourglass I'd be happy.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:33 pm
Waynebrizzle
Regulust

People would go into hormone induced rampages if Link wasn't the main character of a Zelda game.
I only would if it involved a hot female protagonist.  

The Betgirl

Quotable Genius

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:50 pm
Waynebrizzle
Meta_Fish
Regulust

The Legend of Who?

Link's awakeniiiiiiing.

And pretty much Majora's Mask since she's only in one cut scene. She's never even hinted at in Link's Awakening though.

I don't consider the story to be the problem. After all, Mario Galaxy didn't change a thing and it was still great.

No, it's the mechanics that need to be changed. Zelda needs to become *gasp* more streamlined. If it's along the lines of Phantom Hourglass I'd be happy.
Mario is also a lot less storyline based than Zelda is. Zelda could really grow as a game that tells a captivating story if it tried.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:52 pm
Meta_Fish
Waynebrizzle
Meta_Fish
Regulust

The Legend of Who?

Link's awakeniiiiiiing.

Mario is also a lot less storyline based than Zelda is. Zelda could really grow as a game that tells a captivating story if it tried.

Zelda's never really had an enthralling story either, as you pointed out. It does, however, have an interesting world and mythology, which I agree that they should explore/exploit more. Maybe one dating back to when the triforce was first created.  

Waynebrizzle

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:58 pm
Waynebrizzle
Zelda's never really had an enthralling story either, as you pointed out. It does, however, have an interesting world and mythology, which I agree that they should explore/exploit more. Maybe one dating back to when the triforce was first created.
YES there you go! The beginning of the tale.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:26 am
Meta_Fish
Waynebrizzle

"It is I. There is no treachery here, my child - there is only truth."

Or maybe something that explores the concept of multi time lines.

One that shows that all these different Links exist and interact. The whole timeline theory is still flawed.

And a beginning game would be awesome. Though, I find it silly that the three supposed "gods", Faeore, Din and Nayru have all appearing in games in human form... and very ungodlike. :/ I'm not sure. Just a statement. -_-"

I haven't played every Zelda game, so I wouldn't know. D:

User Image
"Veritas!"
User Image

Veritas Unae_Nanashi

Dapper Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Full closet 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Man On The Hill

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:24 am
I did not like how the armor in TP uses up rupees. I used up all of my money in the cave of ordeals stressed  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:35 am
Meta_Fish
Regulust

The Legend of Who?

Bob.  

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:18 am
I think Link should be able to jump without running to a cliff, run faster, Wii Motion Plus controlled Master Sword, and a new amazingly awesome story.

Also: The name for a game without Zelda could be 'The Legend' on the cover, then when you start up the game, you can make up the name that would otherwise be Zelda. eg. The Legend of Cheesio  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:38 am
Shouldn't the Legend of Zelda titles really be called the Legend of Link? In some of the games, Zelda is hardly ever mentioned. I think i just makes more sense.  

Man On The Hill

5ir Psycho 5exy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:50 am
Man On The Hill
Shouldn't the Legend of Zelda titles really be called the Legend of Link? In some of the games, Zelda is hardly ever mentioned. I think i just makes more sense.
We've been over this:
Meta_Fish
Because Legend of Link would be LoL.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:38 pm
-Zephyrotica-
Man On The Hill
We've been over this:
Meta_Fish
Because Legend of Link would be LoL.

Well I didn't know, I'm new here.  

Man On The Hill

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:57 pm
Meta_Fish
I want to see Link team up with Ganondorf to fight some ancient, evil race. Anything other than "Zelda has been kidnapped or some s**t by ganon(derf) go save her blah triforce blah blah master sword blah blah blah same themed temples same items blah blah blah." It's been twenty years. Change it the ******** up.
i got one then. kinda goes off on link to the past,

like, some other wizard from his own version of hyrule takes control of ganon and his minions, maybe even someone like vahti again. but all the evidence points to ganon and kidnapped princess, but once you get that far, you learn the truth.

now THAT is a plot twist.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:09 pm
I wouldn't mind some new characters, a new villain or maybe some revamped old ones (like Vaati) but one thing that I think could liven the game up is the inclusion of more than one playable character. Or even the return of the transforming masks from MM.
That may be just me 'cause I'm weird like that.  

marci-parci

Allegro

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:21 pm
Meta_Fish
Waynebrizzle

yeah like how castlevania had a game that explained theorigins of dracula that was

oh wait it sucked

I may be in the minority, but I hate when franchises go back to the beginning to explain s**t.

You know what my ideal Zelda game would have? Some ******** mass combat. I'd love to see a Zelda game where Link started off as some kind of soldier in a war between two countries and then got pulled into something bigger. it could expand on the mythos of Hyrule, offer some refreshing new takes on the formula while still staying close to the tried and true formula, and offer some positively epic battles.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff