Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Do the guilds need to be upgraded??? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WHat do you think? Do the guilds need to be upgraded???
  Yes, indeed!
  Upgrades are very much needed!
  I don't know.
  No!!!
  Let the devs decide!
View Results

shall she sail seas

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 7:41 pm
@ NeoTsure:
Gotta debunk that one as well... it's possible to write a program where one can ban a user's IP without having the admin actually know the IP (unless they hack into the database to find out). It's simply a matter of telling what the program to display. Regardless, such a function wouldn't be to useful for the reasons I previously stated.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:21 pm
Yes. I know that the guilds have been updated, but more features should be added. I can't give an example, because I am voicing my opinion.  

Matadair

Wealthy Lunatic

14,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Kenocka

Invisible Survivor

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:50 pm
evilbrainbabies
I think they need to fix the moderator panel before they decide to redesign anything... Such as the update log not.. logging. I made several changes and most of which haven't been updated in the log since December, some from back in October. That seems a little more rational to me than changing some.."look" like it's Vista for the poorly coded website.

I agree. I also think that when you sell a guild everyone who was previously part of that guild needs to be erased from the log.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:09 pm
I like them the way they are  

Sterekorgtfo

Greedy Gawker

5,950 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200

Amensu Saje

6,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:49 am
I must say that I do indeed think the guilds could use some upgrading. The gold in the guild account should be able to be put to better use than just subforum and announcements. I think that they should create a way for the guild's gold to be able to be accessed by the Captain and Vice Captains of the guild, and then they can use it to buy items and such for the guild to host contests. I don't mean to take it out of the guild's account. I just mean to have somewhat of a guild inventory. This way you can access the items that you'd like to use for contests, but you wouldn't have to worry about selfish Captains/Vice Captains deciding to steal the guild's gold. This way, the guilds could have more contests, and easier. Does anyone get what I mean, or even agree with my thoughts on the matter as it is?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:36 am
Also, I've been thinking that they should have an announcement set up where you can choose the gaians in the guild that it's sent to. That way you could send announcements to only the gaians that are inactive within the guild etc.. I think that this would be a very good upgrade. It would make it so much easier to be a good guild Captain. Plus, it makes things seem more official within the guild when you actually come as the guild's Captain and it shows the guild's name and such. Does anyone get what I mean, or agree with my thoughts on it?  

Amensu Saje

6,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200

Bestro Chen Beast Reaper

Friendly Giver

13,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:36 am
In any case the guilds most likely will be updated, they just have not had the time probably, still they have only done one thing with it sens I joined Gaia and it already needs to be upgraded, which at this rate might be a couple of years. I think we should just try and give them our opinion and hope they get around to it soon.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:50 pm
I think it would be cool for the Captain to be able to change what the Crew and Vice Captains could do. (Not each specific person, but just the crew and vice captains as a whole.)

For example, I have it so that my Vice Captain can't Lock Forums or Move Forums, but that is all that Crew can do.

Awesomolocity

0 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

Mai_Saika_kammie

Beloved Sex Symbol

6,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:57 am
I think they should expand the usage of gold not have the guild bacnk up for grabs by the crew. If we could like have a guild house the way regular Gaians have a house it be cool and well as some guild extensions. If people wanna host contest and secret Santa then the members and crew need to up their god to the mule for it. Guild extensions like mini games to be played, possibly like a contest something but gold should not be directly handled by the crew. Its ok that we can send invites and make subforum but a guild house would be nice 2 spend funds on.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:08 pm
I would like to see the possibility to mass ban people for VCs and Captains.
Have you ever cleaned out a crappy guild of 250 inactive members?

DGwar

Dangerous Genius

10,550 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200

iMr-Dillon-McGregor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:27 pm
I think they should. With some improvements from the Suggestion Thread!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:37 pm
I agree with DG.
I feel bad for making Breen have to ban all of those inactive members. Plus the ban bug must've been a real pain too. There was more than 250 inactive members because I remember there being somewhere from 21-27 pages of users and only 1.5 pages were of active users.  

XcoldhandsX

6,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100

Matadair

Wealthy Lunatic

14,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:10 pm
They should let us choose they style & design of our guild, just like they let us choose how we design our profiles. smile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:43 am
So far, there have been a few good ideas here, some of which I actually agree with.

A selection of preset designs might work, and would be a nice upgrade. I'm not very certain about mass-bannings, I've seen enough hacked/gone bad VC's and Captains that I don't trust the 'Empty the guild' power to just anyone. But Guild Houses would be nice.

Oh, and my favorite guild? Has about 10 subforums. (We're a pretty old RP guild.) Five of which are for old threads/locations, one for profiles, one for out-of-city locations, two for... Well, you see where I'm going here?  

Michael Geist

Dangerous Vampire

DGwar

Dangerous Genius

10,550 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:14 pm
IMO the color and such of guilds is far from the important updates guilds need. Its a cool concept, but I'd rather see efforts be put into things like Mass PM Options, Subforum Deletion, and other guild functions that have been talked about by several members.

Resources & Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff