Bad
View Results

xylert

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:59 am
Zizzykitty
Well I find it rather annoying, honestly.

My friend and I define two kinds of anime fans.
There are the "Amine Fans" who know nothing of any animes other than the ones aired on adult swim and/or are only jumping on the anime bandwagon just be go with everyone else. These ones tend to obsess over Naruto, Fruits Basket, and sometimes Bleach and Death Note.

Then there are the anime fans who are genuinely interested in anime. They aren't just jumping on the bandwagon or they were on the bandwagon and have transitioned(which are a rare few) They could have liked anime before it became popular and know there is more to Japan than anime, DDR, and happy fun shine.

This girl is the epitome of why I find a lot of anime fans incredibly annoying. It's like a train wreck, I did not want to watch that damn girl use japanese badly, kiss posters around her house, and fail at using chopsticks but I couldn't look away.

The anime craze is a good thing and a bad thing. There's pros and cons to everything.
The huge amounts of badly drawn anime fanart isn't that great. The people inspired to draw by anime and turn out amazing is a good thing. The fact that people are embracing another culture is good. The people who think Japan is a shiny happy land inhabited by cosplayers, EGLs(elegant gothic lolita, I believe), and think their whole country revolves around anime isn't that great.

Those are the only points I can think of at the moment... sweatdrop

listened to like, 2-3 secs of the video, saw it was 9 freaking minutes long and said hell no, im not gonna listen to some random girl with a high pitched/ annoying as hell voice ramble on about anime

but from what's been said about those who suffered through it in the guild, she's one of the fangirls that gives EVERYONE who likes anime a bad name...

thing i hate is is that despite the fact that not all anime fans are like the girl in the above video, the stereotype is still slapped on all who like anime

yes i love anime (search for my Death Note thread in the guild), yes i will defend the anime i like (unless someone points out something small like a plothole, really dont mind those anyways) if someone attacks it for no reason, but im not like the girl in the video, i do not saw "kawaii" after everything (actually, ive never used the term, online or IRL) remember now, ive only watched up until she says something about her "kawaii friends" or something and then i stopped, its friggin' torture

meh, dont feel like discussing this right now lol, Elder Scrolls IV is calling me >.<

also, what were you doing being up at like 3 in the morning (east coast time) zizzy?

me, i woke up at like 2 and couldnt go back to sleep (insomnia ftl -.-)  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:14 am
hmmm.... *deep in thought*
I don't see why people would even stereotype you just for the fact that you're interested in anime or manga. It's similar to calling someone who reads any type of book a bookworm. There's different genres of anime and manga, just like there are different types of books and movies and video games. People are going to like different things, and it's just sad that people are going to descriminate just because there's some psychos out there who are obsessed with a particular topic.

And before I forget, people keep talking about the obsessive fangirls. What about the fanGUYS? Like, for instance, my cousin. He's obsessed with Code Geass. To the point where he wants to be with the Green Haired Chic, CiCi ... I don't even know if that's how you spell it. I'm afraid he's going to be obsessed with Lolis (women who dress up like little girls), or even worse, think that he'll be able to find a woman in real life like that.
The anime craze is both good and bad. It's good because it introduces us to another culture, and let's us see a new style of art. It's bad because of all the people who become obsessed with it.  

Black_Angel_Flowne

2,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100

xylert

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:38 am
Black_Angel_Flowne
hmmm.... *deep in thought*
I don't see why people would even stereotype you just for the fact that you're interested in anime or manga. It's similar to calling someone who reads any type of book a bookworm. There's different genres of anime and manga, just like there are different types of books and movies and video games. People are going to like different things, and it's just sad that people are going to descriminate just because there's some psychos out there who are obsessed with a particular topic.

It can be labeled, therefore it can be hated.
one of the rules of The Internet sadly...

Black_Angel_Flowne
And before I forget, people keep talking about the obsessive fangirls. What about the fanGUYS? Like, for instance, my cousin. He's obsessed with Code Geass. To the point where he wants to be with the Green Haired Chic, CiCi ... I don't even know if that's how you spell it. I'm afraid he's going to be obsessed with Lolis (women who dress up like little girls), or even worse, think that he'll be able to find a woman in real life like that.
The anime craze is both good and bad. It's good because it introduces us to another culture, and let's us see a new style of art. It's bad because of all the people who become obsessed with it.

fanguys tend to be less obsessive then fangirls, at least in my experience, but there are some that are batshit crazy when it comes to their favorite anime/manga
also, her name is C. C. i kid you not
but thats Clamp for ya lol >.<  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:59 pm
0Moon_Maiden0
I don't think its a bad thing...although I think the craze with eventually die down and new styles of animation will be developed.

I like anime but I am still quite fond the DC/Marvel styles. Even the style the animated 'Gargoyles' series was great. *sigh* Love the show...

same here.. dc kind of art is really kewl.. ^^  

Arch Angel Neko

Dangerous Tycoon

10,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

Wyvern683

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:08 am
It seems that anime fans go a bit crazy sometimes, but just look at the anime style: it's beautiful. Gaia is even anime-based. Although I do appreciate anime that will throw in an occasional ugly/average-looking person because I find more realistic. But that's just me. I'm not one of those "only like manga, diss American/western comic style" types either. I like things that appear to be a hybrid of the two, it looks cool.
As for rabid fangirls, I actually feel bad for them. They are madly in love with someone who does not exist. I understand that anime characters can be attractive, but that is taking it a little too far. They can never be with that person because they aren't real.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:10 pm
xylert
Zizzykitty

There are the "Amine Fans" who know nothing of any animes other than the ones aired on adult swim and/or are only jumping on the anime bandwagon just be go with everyone else. These ones tend to obsess over Naruto, Fruits Basket, and sometimes Bleach and Death Note.

Then there are the anime fans who are genuinely interested in anime. They aren't just jumping on the bandwagon or they were on the bandwagon and have transitioned(which are a rare few) They could have liked anime before it became popular and know there is more to Japan than anime, DDR, and happy fun shine.

This girl is the epitome of why I find a lot of anime fans incredibly annoying. It's like a train wreck, I did not want to watch that damn girl use japanese badly, kiss posters around her house, and fail at using chopsticks but I couldn't look away.

The anime craze is a good thing and a bad thing. There's pros and cons to everything.
The huge amounts of badly drawn anime fanart isn't that great. The people inspired to draw by anime and turn out amazing is a good thing. The fact that people are embracing another culture is good. The people who think Japan is a shiny happy land inhabited by cosplayers, EGLs(elegant gothic lolita, I believe), and think their whole country revolves around anime isn't that great.

listened to like, 2-3 secs of the video, saw it was 9 freaking minutes long and said hell no, im not gonna listen to some random girl with a high pitched/ annoying as hell voice ramble on about anime

but from what's been said about those who suffered through it in the guild, she's one of the fangirls that gives EVERYONE who likes anime a bad name...

thing i hate is is that despite the fact that not all anime fans are like the girl in the above video, the stereotype is still slapped on all who like anime

yes i love anime (search for my Death Note thread in the guild), yes i will defend the anime i like (unless someone points out something small like a plothole, really dont mind those anyways) if someone attacks it for no reason, but im not like the girl in the video, i do not saw "kawaii" after everything (actually, ive never used the term, online or IRL) remember now, ive only watched up until she says something about her "kawaii friends" or something and then i stopped, its friggin' torture

meh, dont feel like discussing this right now lol, Elder Scrolls IV is calling me >.<

also, what were you doing being up at like 3 in the morning (east coast time) zizzy?

If you thought I was up at 3 in the morning east coast time then it was about midnight for me. I'm on the westcoast. Though I am commonly up until the wee hours of the morning.
But I agree with you. Don't have anything else to add.

Don't dis Clamp though.
All they contributed to Code Geass is character design and some illustration, which is says in the link you posted.
Code Geass is a collaboration with Sunrise animation studios.
My anime obsession grew up on Clamp so unless you have a valid reason to dis them I'll get defensive. I'm not into them so much anymore but they reminds me of fond anime nerd memories.  

Zizzykitty
Crew

xylert

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:01 pm
Zizzykitty
xylert
Zizzykitty

If you thought I was up at 3 in the morning east coast time then it was about midnight for me. I'm on the westcoast. Though I am commonly up until the wee hours of the morning.
But I agree with you. Don't have anything else to add.

Don't dis Clamp though.
All they contributed to Code Geass is character design and some illustration, which is says in the link you posted.
Code Geass is a collaboration with Sunrise animation studios.
My anime obsession grew up on Clamp so unless you have a valid reason to dis them I'll get defensive. I'm not into them so much anymore but they reminds me of fond anime nerd memories.

not to sound mean, but is that last bit aimed at me, the girl from the video or just stating a fact or something?

if its aimed at me, D: i never dissed Clamp, are you kidding? i friggin love xxxHolic, Chobits, Code Geass, Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle, X/1999 (only read one vol. though, pretty good imo), Magic Knight Rayearth (again, only read like 1 or 2, maybe 3 vols. of it, local library fails at getting a complete series D: case in point, theyve got like vol. 3 or 4 of Legal Drug, i kid you not) and Cardcaptor Sakura (come on, if i remember correctly, Toonami aired the anime in like the late 90's- early 2000)

if its not aimed at me, but at something the girl said in the video, i wont know about it, cause like i said, i cant watch it >.< her voice is torture on my ears/sanity

also, just thought i'd point it, but the bolded words when i quoted you are typos i corrected, srry, grammar nazi escaped for a minute >.>

and on the timezone bit, ah, so that explains it, didnt know you lived on the west coast biggrin nothing big, just thought it was funny is all  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:15 pm
@Xylert
I think fanboys/girls can be equal. Just they are more crazy about different stuff. Like Fanboy's for DOA girls or Wii.
Or fangirls for anime guys or....edward cullen from twilight gonk
OK...then again...the edward cullen (really really obsessed) fangirls are a whole 'nother level. XD

@ everyone
I like Clamp drawing. I think chobits is cute/pretty. I also like western they look nice. Same for anime. OR just realistic CG art too. Did anyone see CG for some games like..Kingdom under fire? Though the game was terrible (circle of doom I'm talking about by the way) the artwork was lovely for some characters.

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

Black_Angel_Flowne

2,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:50 am
I don't know much about Clamp... or any anime except for what they show on cable.

Honestly, though, most of the Edward Cullen fangirls will probably become obsessed with other guys once Twilight reaches its peak. They were probably in love with the Harry Potter characters too at one point.

As for obsessive fangirls, my best friend is one. She's into yaoi guys, for some reason. She loves beautiful looking men, and already says she'll never marry because there's no good looking men in real life. She's not obsessed with just one particular manga, though. That's because she's an artist and draws her own comics and men... sweatdrop

I wonder if this is some kind of psychological problem. And if it is, why aren't there like, therapy sessions for this sort of thing...

... we should called OFC: obssesive fangirl(fanguy) compulsion...  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:04 pm
I am picky about my anime.

I like anime that end after up to 29 episodes at MOST. some just don't end and that really ticks me off.

I used to like inuyasha until it made too many movies, got too lovey dovey. cheese_whine , and got so darn long.

on the other side of the conversation My fave anime is shaman king. It never got romantic, it never made a movie, the best part: IT STOPED! heart

mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen

that was my 2 cents  

SaphireDragoWolf

0Moon_Maiden0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:23 am
SaphireDragoWolf

I like anime that end after up to 29 episodes at MOST. some just don't end and that really ticks me off.

I used to like inuyasha until it made too many movies, got too lovey dovey. cheese_whine , and got so darn long.

on the other side of the conversation My fave anime is shaman king. It never got romantic, it never made a movie, the best part: IT STOPED! heart

that was my 2 cents

Shaman King is indeed awesome! I still have the theme song memorized and its probably been 4 or more years since I've seen the show.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:29 am
0Moon_Maiden0
SaphireDragoWolf

that was my 2 cents

Shaman King is indeed awesome! I still have the theme song memorized and its probably been 4 or more years since I've seen the show.

I watch it on YOU-TUBE. mrgreen  

SaphireDragoWolf

xylert

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:32 am
been away for the past week cause my family and i went on vacation to Disney Land in Florida (WOOHOO!!) and on the first day we were there (the day we got of the plane in FL) we got on the Carousel of Progress and we sat in the first row and the cast member that was there saw my shirt (i was wearing a Death Note shirt >.<) and turned out he was a Gundam fan and a bit later that day, when we got on Stitch's Great Escape and the kid behind me in line saw my shirt and asked me if ive seen the anime and i listed off the vols. of the manga that i own lol

Remember, our people (as my dad says) are everywhere.

also, had fun at Disney, i might make a topic later about it, but i gotta go cut the grass gonk  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:26 am
Yay disney!

nothing wrong with liking more 'mainstream' anime/manga - afterall they got famous for a reason - so long as you approach them new and treat 'em with respect and initial indifference. (like twilight. I really enjoyed it, but I had to approach it clean and indifferent in order to do so, you see?)

I like to read the manga first genrally, unless i'm very lazy. I think the deatnote manga is far better than the anime in execution, plots and whatnot. after you read the manga, animes never quite live upto them, although I do admit that fight scenes are often more exciting in anime (so if your into your shonen that's an advantage.)
trigun is of course the exception as the anime was created before the manga, and boy can you tell...the manga's a bit of a ripoff.
This philosophy carries across into western comics too - I don't think you can fully appreciate a movies based on a comic or book of any type without actually reading where they came from (eg watchmen, spiderman etc).
Then again, your always influenced by what you saw first. reverse engineering can be annoying (as I'm trying to do with leauge fo extraordinary gentlemen, hellblazer/constantine etc).

ho-hum.

And Clamp is great. I really don't take to romantic anything much, but chobits was so innovative and funny I loved it. I really want to chec out XXXholic - is it any good?  

dragontamer363
Crew

*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas