Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:18 pm
Teh AK
Trenn Flashkill
Teh AK
I kinda hope it's the same. I mean, for people like me, who don't have any other consoles.

I'm just tired of seeing games ported to the Wii. Nintendo's system is worth more than just ports.
But aren't the 360 and PS3 games the same?

And what about something like Okami?

The way I see it, it's a way to get the game to more people.

And there's very little that's distinguishing those two systems. I want exclusive titles on the Wii. I know it'll still be the most unique of the three, but I'd rather see separate titles, developed solely for the Wii.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:20 pm
Trenn Flashkill
Teh AK
Trenn Flashkill
Teh AK
I kinda hope it's the same. I mean, for people like me, who don't have any other consoles.

I'm just tired of seeing games ported to the Wii. Nintendo's system is worth more than just ports.

And there's very little that's distinguishing those two systems. I want exclusive titles on the Wii. I know it'll still be the most unique of the three, but I'd rather see separate titles, developed solely for the Wii.

It's not just a port Trenn. It's supposedly a new take on it. Whatever that means.  

Waynebrizzle

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:32 pm
Waynebrizzle
It's not just a port Trenn. It's supposedly a new take on it. Whatever that means.
I love how ambiguous developers are, like we're not clear to know some classified information yet.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:41 pm
Trenn Flashkill
Teh AK
Trenn Flashkill
Teh AK

Well, you're just picky. razz

I don't mind if it's not the exact same game, though. I'd just prefer it if it was at least the same story.

I also wish we'd see some more games that have been on 360, PS3, PC, etc. come out for the Wii. Often, the Wii gets left out, just because it doesn't have the same graphical power as it's "next-gen" competition. I might be being optimistic, but I think we're starting to see more of this, with Rock Band 2 being a huge improvement from the original Wii version. And I hate to use Sonic Unleashed as another example, because most of that game was utter garbage, but I have to say the actual Sonic parts looked and played beautifully. Call me crazy, but I think 3rd parties are on the right track. Sure, ports like what we've been seeing of Dead Rising look like utter garbage, but we're starting to see more and more GOOD Wii versions.

Hrmm. That went longer than I'd expected. >_>;

EDIT: I also said utter garbage twice. I suck at writing long posts. xD;  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Denko

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:49 pm
Dead Space is ******** awesome.
That said, I'm not sure it would be any fun on the Wii. Frankly, I don't think the Wii can handle the atmosphere, which was why the game took you in. The "Bioshock" factor.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:52 pm
Denko
That said, I'm not sure it would be any fun on the Wii. Frankly, I don't think the Wii can handle the atmosphere, which was why the game took you in. The "Bioshock" factor.

I haven't played it, but wasn't the game really reliant on audio to create mood? I think audio is much stronger at creating atmosphere than visuals.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

Owwin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:57 pm
Trenn Flashkill
Denko
I haven't played it, but wasn't the game really reliant on audio to create mood? I think audio is much stronger at creating atmosphere than visuals.
The developers created a system that triggers the events, music, monsters, and other things depedning on where you are and what you are looking at. That is what brings the atmosphere. Also the lack of a hud.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:39 pm
Graphics =/= ambiance.  

Waynebrizzle

Owwin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:46 pm
Waynebrizzle
Graphics =/= ambiance.
Visuals do though. Style is very important.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:01 pm
Owwin
Waynebrizzle
Graphics =/= ambiance.
Visuals do though. Style is very important.

But you don't need a raging beast of a console to accomplish that.  

Waynebrizzle

Owwin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:07 pm
Waynebrizzle
You may not, I do.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:08 pm
Owwin
Waynebrizzle
You may not, I do.

yea well f u 2  

Waynebrizzle

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:15 pm
I still say audio is important. Mute the game and see if it's even a fraction scary.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:49 pm
Trenn Flashkill
I still say audio is important. Mute the game and see if it's even a fraction scary.
Audio is very important. They even have special sound effect triggers in the game that were made specifically to do what you are implying.  

Owwin

Allegro

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:11 pm
I'm just worried ti's gonna be bullshit like the Ghostbusters Wii title.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff