Welcome to Gaia! ::

Furry Fandom Fantasy Discussion and RP Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's friendliest furry guild. We even have ID cards. 

Tags: furry, anthro, furrie, fandom, roleplay 

Reply Main Thread
Why does everyone hate Furries? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dimitri Luger

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:45 am
Agreed, I believe it is imperative that the truth be actively advanced, and brought to the masses (I'm working on creating a furry society in my town), removing the ignorance and misinformation. Until furries are established in society, we will always be viewed with prejudice, and even after establishment, one cannot completely counteract bigotry and prejudice. But that is the first step, we must reveal ourselves, and merely ask tolerance at first, acceptance will come in time (I hope XD).  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:11 am
I'm too skittish to tell my boyfriend. I mean...it's so awkward..."HEY BABY GUESS WHAT!?!?!? I'M A FURRY!!!" T-T It's like being gay, bt worse cause your a different species.  

Cookiiz n Creme

Dimitri Luger

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:53 am
Courage lass, such things are never easy. And timing can be more important than anything.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:17 am
It's was like coming out of the closet all over again crying it sucked on so many levels!

I was brought into the pack of my best friends furry group. he would host parties at a booked event hall in a local hotel and have it catered. It was so other furs could meet up and connect with each other. He brought me along and asked me to wait while he changed upstairs in our room.

I was already a fur for 3 months at that point and even had my fur-suit on
(it's a half thats looks like my avi) when all the other furs came walking in. half-suits, full-suits u name it and they were there. I meet alot of great furs that i still love to talk to even now.

The part that sucked was that when I left to get my friend from the room, people would stop and stare. It felt like my fur was gonna stand-up. They just looked at me like I was unwelcome. One lady even pushed her kids away from me and they were yelling "looky, looky, its a giant kitty-cat!" (i thought it was cute so i meowed at them; they giggled)

I told my friend about it and he said that was the normal reaction to us when we "come out of our cave". He told me that my friends and family may not understand and accept it. Unfortunately he was right.

When i told my friends they didn't get it. They thought it was cosplay, until I changed into my suit. Suffice to say all the girls thought i was adoreable and gave me a ball of yarn to play with. While the girls took pics of me playing with it, the guys were really weirded out. My friend pool went from about 50 to 35 and i still haven't told my family.  

TsukuyomiYue

3,550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Apachi_Suraki

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:41 am
to be honest my family know about my furry love and there ok with it to some extent.... i just can't wear my tail when I'm with them or in the house when there home....  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:48 am
I wear my cat hat EVERYWHERE.  

Felix Rytes
Crew

Demonic Cat

8,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100

TsukuyomiYue

3,550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:09 pm
Since I'm always wearing things that upset my family(im gay and my fav shirt has a pic of a rooster and a tootsie pop, don't think too hard) so i wear my tail all the time but if i were to wear my ears too, im think they would skin me and make me into a rug sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:14 pm
All the teachers would probably stab me if I wore my pandy hat to school 0_o  

Cookiiz n Creme

Little Kanade
Vice Captain

3,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:02 pm
I got my friend Im_Evil_GOD to draw me a pic of how I feel about this subject. I think we all feel this way..  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:52 pm
that's so true..there's nothing more you can say than that....but ....nope nothing

WHY don't they like use we are all soft and furry doesn't every one like soft and furry things??? crying crying  

Apachi_Suraki

Felix Rytes
Crew

Demonic Cat

8,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:11 pm
eh. people suck.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:15 pm
Felix The Feline Ninja
eh. people suck.

So bluntly put... but true sad  

Little Kanade
Vice Captain

3,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

AlishkaNix
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:10 am
but kids have more of a tendency toward us, because they DO like soft and furry things. they haven't been taught to hate difference yet. so if somehow we (the world) could educate children, then they'd grow to accept us, and other types of different.

like...a kid sees a giant kitty or husky/wolf, and they're really excited. it's the parents who are iffy about it, so they teach their kids to stay away from us, cuz we're "freaks". if we got the children to understand and accept, we could get somewhere.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:25 am
Little Kanade
Felix The Feline Ninja
eh. people suck.

So bluntly put... but true sad

I'm a blunt kitteh. whee
Alishka: Very few people older than 30 know what a furry is. its mostly people around 25-16 who hate us. stressed  

Felix Rytes
Crew

Demonic Cat

8,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

AlishkaNix
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:40 pm
eeeeh, good point, Felix.  
Main Thread