Submit

Have you Read Midnight Sun?
  Yes. It was amazin.
  No.
  HUH? Another BOOK?!?!
View Results

Twilight Scribe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:07 pm
I haven't read Midnight Sun, cause I quit caring about the series after the crap that she poured out and called a novel. And if you don't know what I'm talking about, you might want to deal with the ice pick lodged in your skull.

Seriously, I DO NOT CARE. The series got to be too big, the fans can be a huge pain, and just generally the characters have annoyed me to no end. Though, that last point only really applies to Bella, because she is a slut and a Mary-Sue all bundled up into one package. The fact that Edward sort-of stalked her doesn't help the matter.

I still don't get how anyone could think that they could fall in love with a person who is basically a cardboard cut-out.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:48 pm
Twilight Scribe
I haven't read Midnight Sun, cause I quit caring about the series after the crap that she poured out and called a novel. And if you don't know what I'm talking about, you might want to deal with the ice pick lodged in your skull.

Seriously, I DO NOT CARE. The series got to be too big, the fans can be a huge pain, and just generally the characters have annoyed me to no end. Though, that last point only really applies to Bella, because she is a slut and a Mary-Sue all bundled up into one package. The fact that Edward sort-of stalked her doesn't help the matter.

I still don't get how anyone could think that they could fall in love with a person who is basically a cardboard cut-out.

haha! if you don't care, then why are you even bothering posting in here?if you don't like the novel, that's your own opinion. you don't have to put down the people who actually thoroughly enjoyed the series. everybody know's how big twilight's fanbase got, but to me, that doesn't change the material in the book; it's still the same it was when if first came out years ago.  

Jellycones

Twilight Scribe

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:09 pm
Jellycones
Twilight Scribe

haha! if you don't care, then why are you even bothering posting in here?if you don't like the novel, that's your own opinion. you don't have to put down the people who actually thoroughly enjoyed the series. everybody know's how big twilight's fanbase got, but to me, that doesn't change the material in the book; it's still the same it was when if first came out years ago.

I like the series, or at least, I like the concept. And the books got too big and then Meyer decided that copping out and stealing ideas from shitty fanfictions was a good idea and then published a novel that was crap.

Oh, and I posted because it's a free-country, and this topic is asking for your opinion on Midnight Sun, and I just happened to give mine. Just because you don't agree with it, does not give you the right to say that I put people down, but even some people have to agree that Dawning Crap wasn't that good.

And lastly, if you really want to debate with me on the finer points of things in the series, then try using your 'fine English literary skills' to type out your arguments properly.

And the bigger the fandom, the more pressure there is on the author/creator to give the fans what they want instead of what they had originally planned.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:57 pm
Twilight Scribe
Jellycones
Twilight Scribe

I like the series, or at least, I like the concept. And the books got too big and then Meyer decided that copping out and stealing ideas from shitty fanfictions was a good idea and then published a novel that was crap.

Oh, and I posted because it's a free-country, and this topic is asking for your opinion on Midnight Sun, and I just happened to give mine. Just because you don't agree with it, does not give you the right to say that I put people down, but even some people have to agree that Dawning Crap wasn't that good.

And lastly, if you really want to debate with me on the finer points of things in the series, then try using your 'fine English literary skills' to type out your arguments properly.

And the bigger the fandom, the more pressure there is on the author/creator to give the fans what they want instead of what they had originally planned.

ACTUALLY, I wasn't arguing with you. I was simply using my freedom in this "free-country" to voice my own opinion and views about what you said.

Maybe you should reconsider what you say before you say it, because IN MY OPINION it makes you look INCREDIBLY STUPID. Haha.

And you ARE putting people down. You're implying they have an ice pick lodged into their skulls if they don't happen to have the same views as you and think Breaking Dawn was a bunch of crap poured into a novel. Not that I even care what someone on the internet thinks if I happen to love every book in the series, and I can even agree with you that Breaking Dawn wasn't that good. So you're not even making ANY sense, and you went on implying that I don't agree with you. I never said I didn't agree with you, so get your facts straight.

But I'm done, because NOW I'm arguing with you and it's pointless because you're some unimportant person on the internet who thinks you're so cool because you can call me out on my grammar errors! lol

------

On a different note, I read Midnight Sun. :] It was good. It's nice getting a different character's point of view - that's what I liked most about Breaking Dawn. =D I just wish she would publish the rest of Midnight Sun already, or at least set a publishing date/goal.  

Jellycones

pixiemystic

Hilarious Genius

4,450 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:44 pm
I have read it and i love it! i dont think that you shouldnt read it because she maybe wont publish it its awesome (SPOILER) --> the 12 chapters ends right before the meadow scene. i love the book but i was so so so sad when i was reading it and i found that out... so i really hope you guys all read it. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:04 pm
Eh, I don't really care. I read the book once, why would I want to read it again, just from another character's perspective? I mean, sure it would be interesting, but after a while you just get bored with it and start skipping parts that you already have read.

I learned that lesson through reading an amazing fic, but it got a little repetitive in places because the author kept switching perspectives between the two characters who were developing a relationship. It just bugged me so much that I wound up skipping large chunks of the narrative until I got to something new.

Plus, I've never really liked Edward as a character I just always felt sorry for him.  

Twilight Scribe

Ish Wicky

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:55 pm
I hope it does gets published >w<
From what I've heard from friend..Midnight sun is out in store is countries like Philipines...no fair. How do books like that end up somewhere like there!!

D:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:09 am
[~+~]

She said when all this happened (a very long time ago now) she isn't going to finish it, let alone publish it.

It was released on a website without her permission (by a close friend if i remember rightly) who she gave a copy to. She said she felt so betrayed that she couldn't bring herself to finish/publish it, but to make up for it, for those who hadn't yet read it, she released it on the website for everyone to read (either that or she gave the person who runs it her permission to).

User Image

Empty Spiral

.Bucket.of.Joy.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:19 am
Empty Spiral
[~+~]

She said when all this happened (a very long time ago now) she isn't going to finish it, let alone publish it.

It was released on a website without her permission (by a close friend if i remember rightly) who she gave a copy to. She said she felt so betrayed that she couldn't bring herself to finish/publish it, but to make up for it, for those who hadn't yet read it, she released it on the website for everyone to read (either that or she gave the person who runs it her permission to).

User Image

It was never said in those words that she was never going to finish the book. It says that it is put on hold indefinitely, meaning that it could be on hold forever or eventually off hold. It was put on hold because of the leak but she nowhere stated that it would never be finished. And actually in one interview (I don't remember which one, but I did read/watch it) she stated that her goal was to go around two years without hearing about Midnight Sun before she would start writing it again. I think she fully intends to finish the book (I'm not sure if she will publish it, but I know that she wants to make it available to the public). I am confident that we will eventually be able to get the full look into Edward's mind.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:19 am
I have read most of it!!!! ITS GREAT!!! heart  

love_edward_bella

La Beaute

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:20 pm
Personally, I don't intend to read it yet. I'm content at the moment, but when it does come to pass that Midnight Sun is able to be released (the entire book) I'll read it. I have a pet peeve of being on a cliff hanger T-T  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:45 am
if she ever published it, i would be the first one in line for a copy! lol  

Umi_Goddess

pixiemystic

Hilarious Genius

4,450 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:18 pm
hiya, and i read the 12 chaps. and i really hope that she publishes it.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:26 pm
I myself read what stefanie wrote about how someone posted midnight sun ilegally and i decided that if stefanie did not want us to read it then i won't read it untill she publishes it. So I really hope that she finishes it because i read the first chapter which STEFANIE posted and i really liked it  

Bitters Worst Nightmare

Jellycones

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:17 pm
Bitters Worst Nightmare
I myself read what stefanie wrote about how someone posted midnight sun ilegally and i decided that if stefanie did not want us to read it then i won't read it untill she publishes it. So I really hope that she finishes it because i read the first chapter which STEFANIE posted and i really liked it
It's Stephenie....and she posted more than one chapter.  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff