Y'know, A Kirby RPG Would Really Work Out. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

otawara

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:29 pm
Owwin, that rocks.

I came up with Party Membeers in case they delete the sidekick system.

Kirby (duh)
Waddle Doo (Deffence wall?)
Adelaine (Main Healer)
Knuckle Joe (Best combo)
Dedede(Strongest ally)
MK(fastest attacker)

AND COMPUTER VIRUS HAS TO BE A FREAKING BOSS. IF ITS NOT, I WILL THROW A FIT.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:32 pm
A bunch of the powers not needed to proceed with the story should be in side quests.  

Owwin

otawara

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:37 pm
Hmmm.... Most of them seem usefull to me in the story... wait! A cycling road!

Rider Kirby as a sidequest.
Cook Kirby too.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:03 pm
otawara
Waynebrizzle
I'd want it to be in the vein of Super Paper Mario if so.

Then it would be not too different from normal Kirby games.

But with a decent story. Something Kirby games lack severely.  

Waynebrizzle

Owwin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:16 pm
Waynebrizzle
otawara
Waynebrizzle

Can't hurt to start.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:25 pm
Do you really give a s**t about Mario or Kirby storylines? They could do exactly what they did to Mario to Kirby. He's a mute character in a world of specific enemies, with a lot of cool characters, and its own style. He would have a s**t ton of possible helpers, too.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Owwin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:36 pm
Meta_Fish
Do you really give a s**t about Mario or Kirby storylines? They could do exactly what they did to Mario to Kirby. He's a mute character in a world of specific enemies, with a lot of cool characters, and its own style. He would have a s**t ton of possible helpers, too.
The Mario RPG games have pretty good stories. Mario and Luigi, Mario RPG and Paper Mario are all pretty good.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:37 pm
Waynebrizzle
otawara
Waynebrizzle

That's true. I just play Kirby games to see that little dance at stage clear.  

otawara

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:38 pm
Meta_Fish
I'd love something like Paper Kirby. Hell, Nintendo could do a "Paper" version of any franchise of theirs and make it into an RPG for amazing results. Paper Zelda, Paper Metroid, Paper Pikmin, etc.

I must admit Paper Metroid would be pretty damn epic.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:53 pm
Owwin
Meta_Fish
The Mario RPG games have pretty good stories. Mario and Luigi, Mario RPG and Paper Mario are all pretty good.

Don't forget about Bioware's Sonic RPG: Dark Brotherhood.  

-Hel the Reaper-

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:57 pm
Owwin
Meta_Fish
"get seven crystal stars from seven themed worlds ranging from grasslands to desert to ice, to lava to save the world/the princess from some amazing evil." I wouldn't really call that a good storyline. The only storyline from any of those games I can recall is Super Paper Mario, and that was the alternate storyline about Bleck.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:58 pm
Remix some of the old themes, get some level design ideas from old levels. make some new enemies that pose a great threat to Dreamland or Pop Star, and some crazy battle animations.

The idea may not catch on, but at least we have this to look forward to.  

Owwin

Owwin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:01 pm
Meta_Fish
"get seven crystal stars from seven themed worlds ranging from grasslands to desert to ice, to lava to save the world/the princess from some amazing evil." I wouldn't really call that a good storyline. The only storyline from any of those games I can recall is Super Paper Mario, and that was the alternate storyline about Bleck.
The stories themselves aren't that great, but what takes place in the story. Twists, how characters react etc. The Bleck thing is precisely what I mean. I mean, if you wanna put it like that. Every single game's storyline is flimsey pretext to move game along.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:17 pm
Owwin
Meta_Fish
The stories themselves aren't that great, but what takes place in the story. Twists, how characters react etc. The Bleck thing is precisely what I mean. I mean, if you wanna put it like that. Every single game's storyline is flimsey pretext to move game along.
Precisely. That's why it would be so weird if a Kirby game actually had a good storyline that was interesting rather than something about dreams, nightmares, and shortcake.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:19 pm
Meta_Fish
Owwin
Meta_Fish
Precisely. That's why it would be so weird if a Kirby game actually had a good storyline that was interesting rather than something about dreams, nightmares, and shortcake.

You could say similar things about Mario.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff