Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Chatterbox/Humor
Are any of you laptop-savvy? MOAR EDITS Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which one do you think?
  Samsung - Good quality and design. It's worth the extra!
  MSI - Similar functions as Samsung for less. Smaller keyboard isn't a big deal.
  Acer - Cheap and portable, decent sized keyboard. What's .4 inches lost, anyway?
View Results

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:41 am
ArmasTermin
Floyd
Fair warning: news reports today claim the maker of the motherboards and some finished hardware is going to raise their prices next month. They've done some damage control to try and minimize the backlash this might cause.

The take away point is this: Buy Now or pay more next month.

http://www.electronista.com/articles/09/02/12/asus.price.increases/

Hm. Your post in combination with Fresnel's before yours has told me the best decision would be to purchase the Acer at Wal Mart. I would avoid the price increase. I would be able to try the machine. If I weren't satisfied I could return it and purchase the Samsung. Seems like a logical choice.

Thank you all for your advice, though I'll admit some feelings of silliness for getting all your information and choosing the model I had in mind before I even created the topic...

lol
Sokay old buddy, old pal. ^^  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:28 pm
ArmasTermin
Floyd
Fair warning: news reports today claim the maker of the motherboards and some finished hardware is going to raise their prices next month. They've done some damage control to try and minimize the backlash this might cause.

The take away point is this: Buy Now or pay more next month.

http://www.electronista.com/articles/09/02/12/asus.price.increases/

Hm. Your post in combination with Fresnel's before yours has told me the best decision would be to purchase the Acer at Wal Mart. I would avoid the price increase. I would be able to try the machine. If I weren't satisfied I could return it and purchase the Samsung. Seems like a logical choice.

Thank you all for your advice, though I'll admit some feelings of silliness for getting all your information and choosing the model I had in mind before I even created the topic...

lol
Sometimes, all you need is confirmation.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Chatterbox/Humor

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out