Submit

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:20 pm
Sorry to see that some of our members are having localized problems with availability of ammo. Our local Big 5 sells out of 75% of their weekly shipments within 16 work hours of obtaining their orders. So, set your cash aside and wait until Tuesday afternoon.

I went on an ammo run today and found a couple of boxes of Hornady SST deer slugs for $6 a box. Other stores are selling Winchester deer slug for $16 for five! That, my friends, AIN'T RIGHT! pirate

Or, as others have said, order on-line and load up when you have the spare cash.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:15 pm
Floyd
Other stores are selling Winchester deer slug for $16 for five! That, my friends, AIN'T RIGHT! pirate
No, that's capitalism. 3nodding  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:29 am
Mother's friend went to Gander the other day, .357 Magnums $50 a box.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:03 pm
OberFeldwebel

What brand?  

-IRyouI-

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:06 pm
Ryou1993
OberFeldwebel

What brand?

Didn't say.
CCI Blazer maybe.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:45 pm
OberFeldwebel
Ryou1993
OberFeldwebel

What brand?

Didn't say.
CCI Blazer maybe.

-_-' the cheapest magnum ammunition for a magnum i've seen is for the .44, around 40 bucks a box-and the ammo itself is pretty poor quality. That's politics for ya....  

-IRyouI-

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:48 pm
Ryou1993
OberFeldwebel
Ryou1993
OberFeldwebel

What brand?

Didn't say.
CCI Blazer maybe.

-_-' the cheapest magnum ammunition for a magnum i've seen is for the .44, around 40 bucks a box-and the ammo itself is pretty poor quality. That's politics for ya....
Hell, High-quality .45ACP is nearing $50 as well. Or maybe the local shop is gouging the ONLY box of JHPs he's been ABLE to get in the last four months.

The distributors laugh at him when he asks if they have any .45ACP.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:43 pm
I wish I had a web source for this news, but some TV stories on the ammo shortage are laying the blame on the manufacturers. The claim is that they're barely keeping pace with the demands from our military. I can see this being true for common rounds like the .45ACP and 9mm. But I see tons of .223 Remington on the shelf.

And why no second string calibers like .380ACP? I doubt a lot of our military forces are packing Walther PPKs or Bersa Thunders as backups over in Iraq.  

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:34 pm
Floyd
I wish I had a web source for this news, but some TV stories on the ammo shortage are laying the blame on the manufacturers. The claim is that they're barely keeping pace with the demands from our military. I can see this being true for common rounds like the .45ACP and 9mm. But I see tons of .223 Remington on the shelf.

And why no second string calibers like .380ACP? I doubt a lot of our military forces are packing Walther PPKs or Bersa Thunders as backups over in Iraq.
The military doesn't use .45 anymore, do they?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:09 am
Fresnel
Floyd

No they don't, but .45 ACP does use; brass, copper and lead.

They should build a few more factories to keep up with demands.
Hell, it'd make more jobs too.  

OberFeldwebel

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:41 am
Fresnel

Last time I checked, the SEALs and other black ops were still using the H&K MK 23 and USP Tactical. Granted this isn't a big demand, but the military is still using .45ACP!

http://www.hk-usa.com/le_mark23_general.html
http://www.hk-usa.com/le_usp_tact_general.html  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:26 am
Floyd
Fresnel

Last time I checked, the SEALs and other black ops were still using the H&K MK 23 and USP Tactical. Granted this isn't a big demand, but the military is still using .45ACP!

Oh, right... I knew that. Not burning through it any more like they were in the 40's, though.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:48 am
Fresnel
Floyd
Fresnel

Oh, right... I knew that. Not burning through it any more like they were in the 40's, though.

Nope, and don't expect to see surplus .45 ACP either.

A neighbor still has some apparently, I'd like to trade for a box of new ammunition, you know, just to have some old surplus.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:26 am
It's a damn shame, i'm a huge fan of .45's...they're just getting way to expensive to shoot nowadays. I cringe when i get done shooting a clip, thinking, "Crap...there goes another 10 bucks or so..."  

-IRyouI-

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:47 am
Ryou1993
It's a damn shame, i'm a huge fan of .45's...they're just getting way to expensive to shoot nowadays. I cringe when i get done shooting a clip, thinking, "Crap...there goes another 10 bucks or so..."

I didn't know they made clips for .45ACP... wink  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces