Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:21 pm
Tishtar was surprised at the turn of events, but remained quiet. If she knew Nia, and she hadn't know her for long, this would be something desireable. Mio would help anyone who needed it, even offer her own pelt if it would warm someone. Crazy lioness', but Tishtar could only smile at the thought of the two of them. She almost felt like she had to be the responsible one for the two of them.

Mio tilted her head to the side, feeling like what Nia had said was too broad. She needed to be more direct, like she normally was. "If a permanent home isn't what you need, that's certainly understandable." She had wandered for most of her own life.

Nia nodded her head. "I'm sorry if I seem rude. I am offering on the children you bear, as the situation seems to weight heavily on your shoulders. We are very open minded here." As well as free of any small children.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:28 pm
Pacha's surprise surpassed her need for tact and she couldn't help but blurt out.

"You really mean you would adopt the cubs? Take them into the pride?"

It seemed almost too good to be true. But at the same time, Pacha couldn't push away the feeling of guilt that rose up, and reason came with it. She knew nothing about these three or about the pride. Though they didn't seem like it, they may recruit young cubs to be slaves or assassins. Pacha wasn't much for an overactive imagination, but she knew enough that she wasn't about to hand over her offspring to strangers.

But still. If the cubs could be taken in by a pride. They would be given protection, cared for. They would be raised to be upstanding members within a society. Pacha never regretted choosing life as a wanderer, but there were advantages to a pride.

"What is your pride like?" she asked somewhat hesitantly. She hoped they wouldn't judge her and think her so fickle as to give her children over so quickly, but she had to weigh her options.

Basil Brett

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:48 pm
Mio and Nia looked to one another, but it was obvious that it was Mio who needed to defend her House, and the pride she was a member of.

"Please note that we are normally very secretive, so don't share this knowledge with another. Your twin if you must, but no others." With a sigh, she settled herself in for a small explination.

"We are called Tianxia as a whole. The pride is split into 5 Houses, or families; North, South, East, West, and Central. I am the Lady of the West House; my mate is the Lord. We rule our own lands, called the House of the West. We reply only to the Emperor and Empress who reside in the Central House." She shifted, switching her information to only be about the West House. Hopefully she wouldn't be chided for serving too much information later.

"The West House specializes in creativity; those of all kinds. We reside here, and protect the western border of our pride. We have a strict honor code, and relish in the strength of our House."

Nia nodded. "That is a true summary. We merely reside here in peace, far from others to maintain that peace."

"We also...currently have no other children within our House. And we can assure you that they would recieve much attention, especially because of this."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:58 pm
Pacha shuffled her paws once again, and sat down.

"So they would be well cared for?"

An unnecessary question, as Pacha was sure they would, but she felt she needed to ask it. The more she thought about it, the more she saw this as a rather good idea. She didn't want to abandon her cubs, but wouldn't dragging them across the lands with her and her sister be equally as cruel, if not worse? They would be in more danger out there than within the confines of a pride. And Mio and Nia seemed very capable of looking after the cubs. Even more, they seemed to want the presence of cubs.

"And I assure you that I won't tell anyone the details of your pride. It wouldn't be right," she assured them. She had her sense of honor and understood that keeping the pride's details to themselves was vital in protecting the pride.

Something Nia had said suddenly caught Pacha's interest.
"Forgive me if this is too personal a question, but why does your House not have any children?"

Basil Brett

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:17 pm
Mio smiled. "Certainly. We have a handful of adults, as well as our maned wolf, Dié, and Tishtar here to keep an eye on them."

Tishtar eyed her Lady, noticing that there was something in the way she spoke. She took this moment to offer her own services. "On top of helping you locate the best water source near your current location, I can teach you the way to visit us, should you feel you need to. We realize that we're very far from most areas, so it would be quite a trek. You would always be welcome, though."

Mio nodded her head, as if to agree. "Any time." There was no way that the lioness would ever refuse her from seeing her children. She just needed to be aware that none would be allowed to leave....well. Without making themselves enemies of the entire empire.

Nia nearly laughed, understanding the question that Pacha asked. It was quite a valid one. "Mostly by circumstance. The Lord and Lady aren't quite ready for their own children, and there are no other couples currently..." A hint of sadness escaped her voice. Nia was the type to go through many different relationships, all resulting in the same. She wasn't quite right for it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:22 pm
Pacha felt a pang of sympathy for the bright lioness. She knew how she felt. Pacha herself liked the idea of a relationship, but because of her sister, it just wasn't possible.

But she had to admit, they did seem like they were ready for children, whether they were there own or not.

"So I could come and visit them whenever I get the chance?" She smiled at the waterbuck, appreciative that they would still allow her to see them. She couldn't really take care of them, but she didn't want them completely out of her life.

She glanced back up at Nia and Mio.

"And you'd really be willing to care for them? It wouldn't be ... a burden?"

Basil Brett

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:29 pm
Tishtar's tail twitched behind her, highly amused. "Of course. It'd be quite hard to lose me, being so bright and all. Living here keeps me safe, but I will gladly show you an easier way to visit besides the way you happened upon us." After all, they didn't want her to trigger the alarm again.

Mio agreed. "Whenever. We wouldn't mind. They would be raised to believe we are their extended family. Aunts, perhaps. You will only be their true mother."

Nia nodded her head. "They would never be a burden. Perhaps children running around will brighten the Lord. He's too stubborn to realize that he and the Lady need children one day soon."

At this, Mio flushed a scarlet red, with an indignant huff heard as she turned her head to hide her embarassment.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:37 pm
Pacha beamed. It was as if a huge weight had been lifted from her shoulders. A cliche of a thought, but very true when you found yourself in those kinds of circumstances. Part of her felt bad at not keeping the cubs with her, but the solution seemed to benefit every party involved. She would be able to care for her sister without having to worry about the cubs, the pride seemed delighted to have the cubs, and the cubs would be safe and well cared for. Pacha could hardly ask for more than that.

"I, well, thank you. I would be truly grateful if you would care for them."

She grinned, somewhat sheepishly.
"I have the feeling they will be here pretty soon. Within a few days or weeks, I believe."

Basil Brett

WestHouse

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:26 am
Nia offered a bow, feeling a mixture of emotions. There was uncharted territory before her, and she wasn't completely sure she could do it...but at least there would be many helpful paws if needed.

Her ears perked forward at Pacha, a small smile on her face. "Certainly. You should take the time to rest. We will assist you when we can."

Mio nodded. "We will keep someone nearby your location if you need help with anything. It will either be Dié, whom is a pale coloured maned wolf, or Tishtar here."

The blue waterbuck offered a nod, always happy to be of service to the lioness. "Of course, m'lady." She turned to the lioness before them. "Mattering on what you need, it will be either myself or Dié. Never fear to ask; it will be good practice for the future."

Again, Mio flushed. She was looking quite irritated at this teasing, but she never mentioned it verbally. "We will keep in touch, if you don't mind Nia and I visiting at times."

Nia nodded, watching the yellow lioness curiously. She seemed more relaxed, at least. What their exchange was was a serious one, but with it being so open-ended it seemed like a well written one.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:40 am
Pacha smiled warmly at all three of them in turn. She couldn't believe their generosity, but she was too thankful to question any of it. It was amazing what could happen in such a short time. She had gone from feeling truly overwhelmed to feeling true relief. She couldn't rewind time or take back what she did, but she had been able to find a suitable solution.

"Thank you, that sounds very suitable. And of course, visit as often as you like."

She began mentally noting all the things she needed to take care of before the cubs were born. One task above all stood out.

"I do need to go get my sister. I cannot leave her alone for that long. Would it be alright if she stayed with me?"

Basil Brett

WestHouse

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:24 am
The three nodded in unison.

Mio paused for a moment before speaking. "If you feel it better for you, you may stay just within the borders. Perhaps if there are any others lurking around they will avoid you if you are just in the lands. We try to keep a strong front, so it should discourage any trouble before you see it."

Nia did her best to not seem so excited, but it was hard for one who was so used to being upfront about everything. "We will see you soon, Miss Pacha. We thank you."

Tishtar agreed. "You've given us a little hope, as in turn we hope we have given you in return." Children had never ran through their House, and the prospect was thrilling, even for the waterbuck.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:36 am
Pacha nodded and smiled, especially at the waterbuck. She was especially touched by her words.

"Thank you once again. I honestly can't thank you enough. You do my sister and me a great service, and I know they will be in good care."

She stood and stretched her limbs.
"I will go get my sister and then return. She looks very similar to me, except paler in color, so you know who she is."

She smiled at each of them in turn.
"I look forward to seeing you again."

With that, she gained her bearing and started the trek back to the camp and her sister.

Basil Brett

[IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces