Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:19 pm
Sidal
You'd think sometime we'd go back to that and say, "Well, if we rebuilt this and redesigned that..." we could have ourselves a better, SAFER version of it. lol
A kindler, gentler fallout?

I don't think we're allowed to build that type of thing anymore. Treaties and such.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:16 pm
Sidal
If only the FatMan of Fallout 3 really existed...
isnt the FatMan the A-bomb they dropped in japan?  

Wiggie

Wiggie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:19 pm
Sidal
Just trying to spark some discussion mostly with this, but in my opinion the military's "MasterKey" system (an M16 or M4 with an underbarrel Remington 870 MCS shotgun) seems like a great ZDW (Zombie Defense Weapon) because you have the combination of two specialized ranged weapons; the M16/M4 for long-range, even coupled with a good scope, can handle them at a distance, while the shotgun loaded with slugs has the advantage of that hard kick forcing them down, while also doubling as an entry tool (blast the lock). Any arguments, agreements, or other suggestions? And before you say it, "Swords do not need to be reloaded," but, "guns don't need to worry about getting close."
I don't think the shot gun can hold too much ammo plus if you have a lot of shells it's a hell of a job to lug it around without it spilling everywhere. The M16 might be okay but I don't think you would be able to get any ammo for it when you run out  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:23 am
Wiggie
Sidal
Just trying to spark some discussion mostly with this, but in my opinion the military's "MasterKey" system (an M16 or M4 with an underbarrel Remington 870 MCS shotgun) seems like a great ZDW (Zombie Defense Weapon) because you have the combination of two specialized ranged weapons; the M16/M4 for long-range, even coupled with a good scope, can handle them at a distance, while the shotgun loaded with slugs has the advantage of that hard kick forcing them down, while also doubling as an entry tool (blast the lock). Any arguments, agreements, or other suggestions? And before you say it, "Swords do not need to be reloaded," but, "guns don't need to worry about getting close."
I don't think the shot gun can hold too much ammo plus if you have a lot of shells it's a hell of a job to lug it around without it spilling everywhere. The M16 might be okay but I don't think you would be able to get any ammo for it when you run out
.223 is extremely common in civilian, police, AND military hands. It's one of the rounds you have to worry about the least.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Wiggie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:44 pm
Fresnel
Wiggie
Sidal
.223 is extremely common in civilian, police, AND military hands. It's one of the rounds you have to worry about the least.
ya but eventually with the zombies goin around the rounds wont last forever i mean the manufacturing would stop and then there are like billions of people around the world do you really think we have billions of rounds? plus who would be such a skilled marksmen to be able to hit every running zombie right in the brain with 1 shot anyways?so I'm just saying if you're in the middle of the infection then you're kinda screwed because a lot of people use that gun so more rounds being used up  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:05 pm
Wiggie
Fresnel
Wiggie
Sidal
ya but eventually with the zombies goin around the rounds wont last forever i mean the manufacturing would stop and then there are like billions of people around the world do you really think we have billions of rounds? plus who would be such a skilled marksmen to be able to hit every running zombie right in the brain with 1 shot anyways?so I'm just saying if you're in the middle of the infection then you're kinda screwed because a lot of people use that gun so more rounds being used up
I'd like to mention that when the M1 went into Korea, we had >1 billion .30-06 rounds in the US arsenal. I'm pretty sure we have more than a billion rounds of 5.56 in our arsenal nowadays, and then there's Canada, France, the UK, Germany, Belgium... all those countries and the rest of NATO all use the same 5.56 round. We're set for ammo. 5.56/.223 is going to be among the last rounds to go scarce. After that, we'll all have to make do with shitty home-made black powder.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Krilliad

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:03 pm
I'd like tp put the .22 up for a spin.

PROS:
-It's light
-Thousands of round for less than any other caliber.
-.22 Revo, pistol, or Ruger is easily bought.
-No one will think of it during a zombie invasion
-It does not have enough enrgy to exit the skull so it just bounces around.
-Can be paired with a scope or left alone
-Ruger 10/22 hicap mags hold over 50 rounds
-The only caliber a makeshift supressor will work for

CONS:
-Can't down a zombie by removal of limbs
-Not a great crowd control weapon if you get ******** stopping power
-Not extremely long range
-Can jam often if gun is not cleaned

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:42 am
Battlefield Reaper
PROS:
-It's light
That's a myth, and everyone will think of it.
Quote:
-The only caliber a makeshift supressor will work for.
Actually, .45s are subsonic. I'm pretty sure you could make a .45 suppressor pretty easily.

Quote:
CONS:
Can't do that with any round short of a .50BMG.
Quote:
That's an understatement. I just ran Taylor KO numbers on a bunch of rounds the other day. A .45ACP is a 12, a .50BMG is a 141, a 9mm is a 7, a 5.56 is a 6, and a .22LR is a 1. Strangely, 5.7 is a 2.
Quote:
Says you. I've used a .22 pistol at 300 yards. Granted it wasn't the most accurate weapon, but it still hit the gong at least half the time.
Quote:
No more so than any other gun. Unless 10/22s are crappier than I'd expect. .22LR has a high dud rate though. I don't trust Remington ammo anymore because their Golden Bullet value packs had a 33% dud rate.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Krilliad

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:07 am
Fresnel
Battlefield Reaper
PROS:
-It's light
Quote:
Actually, .45s are subsonic. I'm pretty sure you could make a .45 suppressor pretty easily.

Quote:
CONS:
Quote:
That's an understatement. I just ran Taylor KO numbers on a bunch of rounds the other day. A .45ACP is a 12, a .50BMG is a 141, a 9mm is a 7, a 5.56 is a 6, and a .22LR is a 1. Strangely, 5.7 is a 2.
Quote:
Says you. I've used a .22 pistol at 300 yards. Granted it wasn't the most accurate weapon, but it still hit the gong at least half the time.
Quote:
No more so than any other gun. Unless 10/22s are crappier than I'd expect. .22LR has a high dud rate though. I don't trust Remington ammo anymore because their Golden Bullet value packs had a 33% dud rate.

I've tried with the silencer thing with a .40 cal pistol and it didn't work, but the .22 caliber did. Possibly (and correct me if I am wrong) the more gunpowder needs a larger space to disperse in?

What I meant also was that you can't get the same range from a .22 that you can from a .223.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:44 pm
I think this would work better than the 870  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:33 pm
Battlefield Reaper
Fresnel
Battlefield Reaper
PROS:
-It's light
Quote:

Quote:
CONS:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I've tried with the silencer thing with a .40 cal pistol and it didn't work, but the .22 caliber did. Possibly (and correct me if I am wrong) the more gunpowder needs a larger space to disperse in?

What I meant also was that you can't get the same range from a .22 that you can from a .223.
I think .40S&W is a supersonic round, for the most part. I'm seeing a bunch of velocities on either side of the line.

Probably right. At that distance a .22 is only good for indirect fire, but it could still kill if you fire into a group.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:34 pm
Fresnel
Battlefield Reaper
PROS:
-It's light
Quote:

Quote:
CONS:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'm sure you can ******** up their knee cap with a .22 which will slow them down.  

Desert_Fox_Rommel

Wiggie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:23 pm
that kinda looks small it reminds me of a SMG especially because of the small clip  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:01 pm
Wiggie
that kinda looks small it reminds me of a SMG especially because of the small clip
Inb4 rage.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Wiggie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:10 pm
Fresnel
Wiggie
Inb4 rage.
whats that?  
Zombies. Seriously.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas