Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Chatterbox (Games, chat, et cetera)
DO YOU THINK WE NEED MORE MODS? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MORE MODS?
  YES
  NO
View Results

Ronzalpha201

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:18 pm
thatdude111
Maybe clean up and re-order the forums? That's always put things on the right track with previous boards I've been a member of..

last time we did that, we almost lost the whole guild. the only former and still active members are me, dronze, and lance. on occasion, we see fubar, tilbear and stratus.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:08 pm
or maybe have our own like daily chance thing but only a few winners everyday  

Lord Von Drake

xxstratus_affectionxx
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:50 pm
But the thing you need to remember on the daily chance is that would all come out of the pockets of the mods and right now there is very little gold in the LOH account  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:40 am
Ronzalpha201
thatdude111
Maybe clean up and re-order the forums? That's always put things on the right track with previous boards I've been a member of..

last time we did that, we almost lost the whole guild. the only former and still active members are me, dronze, and lance. on occasion, we see fubar, tilbear and stratus.

The re-org really did kill the buzz in this guild.

I just want it to be fixed and have regular crew in here. I am thinking that we should be on a time schedule. What I mean by this is that we make sure we are in here on "our" days. I can promise to be in here on Mondays and Wednesdays. Tow days that I can make sure I am in here keeping things in order. With enough crew taking days we can get some CPR going and liven up the guild.  

tilbear
Crew

LanceCalvis
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:26 am
Lord Von Drake

I wouldn't mind donating my gold. So we could start this daily chance idea off. I was thinking something to do with a random number generator. Everyone gets five chances to win daily. With assorted prizes depending on what numbers they generate.

All that want to vote on what type of contest they want. Check out the stickied contest in the chatterbox to vote.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:25 pm
LanceCalvis
Lord Von Drake

I wouldn't mind donating my gold. So we could start this daily chance idea off. I was thinking something to do with a random number generator. Everyone gets five chances to win daily. With assorted prizes depending on what numbers they generate.

All that want to vote on what type of contest they want. Check out the stickied contest in the chatterbox to vote.

chatter box is never seen post it on the main page where it will get views  

xxstratus_affectionxx
Captain

Ronzalpha201

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:29 pm
LanceCalvis
Lord Von Drake

but in that case, we need to start banning inactive members (those who have 0 posts) if we to generate random users from our file of old members.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:33 pm
Ronzalpha201
LanceCalvis
Lord Von Drake

but in that case, we need to start banning inactive members (those who have 0 posts) if we to generate random users from our file of old members.

with this it might be nice with the banning list being sent out it could be something like being banned for being inactive sorry you choose to be inactive you will miss out on our great give away going on right now if you decide in the future to be active send a pm to me( insert your user name) for a invite

as some join and forget about us and might like to actually be a prt of the guild with a little reminder  

xxstratus_affectionxx
Captain

LanceCalvis
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:48 pm
In that case, why not just send out a notice. That they have a time limit to respond before getting canned. The list of people that responded could be posted in the Crew sub-forum. So everyone that is in charge of deleting members. Could save a copy to a notepad or something. Also, the chatterbox has been about as active as the main board. Due to all of the new members that have been joining lately. But it seems that it is mostly new members that are posting in that sub-forum. Maybe it has something to do with the fact. That I've been letting people know that the main board and chatterbox are active. In my explanation of why I've invited them. mrgreen

Edit: Now that I think about it. The list idea doesn't sound so good.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:02 pm
LanceCalvis
In that case, why not just send out a notice. That they have a time limit to respond before getting canned. The list of people that responded could be posted in the Crew sub-forum. So everyone that is in charge of deleting members. Could save a copy to a notepad or something. Also, the chatterbox has been about as active as the main board. Due to all of the new members that have been joining lately. But it seems that it is mostly new members that are posting in that sub-forum. Maybe it has something to do with the fact. That I've been letting people know that the main board and chatterbox are active. In my explanation of why I've invited them. mrgreen

Edit: Now that I think about it. The list idea doesn't sound so good.

yes...it's not fun to send to 500 of people...esp. with the pm wait time thing. i rather just ban them and get new people. besides, most of those 0 posts members most likely quit gaia or are already rich enough.  

Ronzalpha201

xxstratus_affectionxx
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:12 pm
THE LIST WE HAVE TRIED i think it best to just start banning anyone with zero posts and let them know in the note they can send a pm to re re invited into the guild should they choose to be active but do mention the games and contests going on to kinda push them into maybe becoming an active part of our small community  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:27 pm
xxstratus_affectionxx
THE LIST WE HAVE TRIED i think it best to just start banning anyone with zero posts and let them know in the note they can send a pm to re re invited into the guild should they choose to be active but do mention the games and contests going on to kinda push them into maybe becoming an active part of our small community

well, if they wonder why they are banned and want to stay in, they would automatically pm us....  

Ronzalpha201

LanceCalvis
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:28 pm
Yes, then Dronze can bash the ones with an oar. That show up for the contest. Then disappear again after they make some gold. Maybe I can sick the Random Gold Attack on them. Instead of the usual gold pile he'll be throwing bricks. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:29 pm
LanceCalvis
Yes, then Dronze can bash the ones with an oar. That show up for the contest. Then disappear again after they make some gold. Maybe I can sick the Random Gold Attack on them. Instead of the usual gold pile he'll be throwing bricks. mrgreen

ummm.....yeah....i'll start the ban hammer now....  

Ronzalpha201

Ronzalpha201

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:36 pm
this is what i wrote as a reason for banning them. if you want to do the same, just copy and paste this following passage into the box asking why they are banned:

You were not active and have not made posts in this guild. Please pm us or apply to join guild if you wish to continue membership. There are still giveaway events here, so pm us if you want to rejoin.

Minor grammatical edit (LanceCalvis)  
Chatterbox (Games, chat, et cetera)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces