Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magica Gothique

Back to Guilds

For those of Goth and Wiccan and/or Pagan Culture. Always looking for new members! 

Tags: Goth, Wicca, Pagan, Occult, New Age 

Reply ★ Magica Gothique ★
Goth & Parents Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

trampyre

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:01 pm
My mom doesn't mind as long as I dress appropriately for important occasions where I have to look like a responsible adult. She bugs me sometimes, but I've learned to just ignore it.

My boyfriend thinks being a goth makes me immature. Whatever. rolleyes I've only got one life to live, and I missed out on being a highschool goth like 'every girl he knew in highschool'. I mean, he dresses like a bum and I accept him for who he is... wtf.

He sees it as an image thing; it is a bit of that but mainly I see it as a tool of personal empowerment and a social networking platform. Since I embraced my inner goth I've met more people with interests similar to mine than I ever did before as a 'normal' person.

My mom thinks I'm silly and eccentric and that it's just another dimension of that.

My singing teacher loves it and thinks I'm a riot. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:00 pm
I don't know what my dad thinks about it. *shrug* I know however that he would be happier if I was "normal dressing" like "everyone else."

My mom hates it but deals with it to a certain extent, but anything she doesn't like/apporve of she throws away and punishes me for it. I have to keep such a large portion of my life hidden from her it's not even funny.

One of my grandmothers doesn't care, the other one hates it and wants me to be "normal", and my awesome hippy-new age cousins love it. biggrin  

Henneth Annun

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:32 pm
Everythings all good. My parents don't mind or care how I dress, they only care about my actions and such, the things parents should care about.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:03 pm
So uh, how does this have anything to do with magic?  

Satrevi

-Resurrected Writer-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:08 pm
I rarely if ever dress the part, so it's not a big issue.

EDIT: @Areleklo: Seems to me like there haven't been very many guild members who prefer the former part of the guild's name, so therefore the posts haven't been very geared towards that. Just make a topic about magic if you need to.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:09 am
Areleklo
So uh, how does this have anything to do with magic?
σн §σ €xтяαvαgαηт...

This guild caters to both things m'dear.
There is a whol subforum (Magic Exchange) for magic-related things

User Image
Questing Steel-Plated Ninja Band (Again)

byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Captain

Comrade

psychic_pandas

4,600 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:10 pm
okay im not exatly gothic but i know where your coming from,

my dad is so awesome he is psychic as well (my parents r divorced btw and i live with my mom crying ) and he has always seen who i am for me and just knows my needs

my mother on the other hand is absolutly the most closed minded person ever! i swear if i even tell her im going out with my friends she assumes im doing drugs. one my friends are not nor will ever b druggies, they r like me and absolutly stay away from that stuff. she thinks it because my sister did it. if i try and tell her about something that went on at school she automatically calls the school. she yells at me at least 4 times a week at best. Also she is psychic too and just has suppressed her abilities and has never once told me about them. she treats me like i am a 10 year old when i have a mind like a 17/18 year old.
btw many people have told me this and apparently i look it too, election time was hard and ppl asking if i was registered was horrid, anyway.

yeah so dad = awesome mother = mean  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:47 pm
My parents were lykewhoa- this kid is cool.

ChiRubian

byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Captain

Comrade

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:31 pm
User Imageρℓαgυε яαтs αη∂ вℓσσ∂ч cяυмρεтs...

xd

I think my style scares my grandfather's new girlfriend

Status >in want of arts

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:32 pm
to my parents its nothing but "weird" The town i grew up in, you had to be just like them or you were spat upon. And my mother considers me a dissappointment and a freak when i tell her i want to dress in Gothic Lolita or EGA. She seriously freaks out (and i'm 21!). I get to do whatever i want in college but i graduate in may and I have to move back home due to money, so my egl dresses and stuff (what little i have) gets put in a box. Although, some of my stuff, if i wear it "properly" she likes it so go me!

I agree with my mother sometimes though that theres a time and a place for everything. I think my mother accepts it to a degree as long as she doesnt have to deal with it, hahah. Which to some degree I can totally except. I mean, hell if I could work at hollister for a year I think i can deal with my mom and her dress code hahaaa.

User Image
Donate 5k? Thanks! heart

Elysion Pedion

Sparkly Sex Symbol

GilAskan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:52 am
My parents are fine with it, but I've also never taken very extreme routes. All-black is pretty common for me, and I have some knee-high combat boots, and a really nice long-coat, but I've never been one for make-up, nor dyeing my hair, nor spikes or studs or skulls or bats and so forth. My gothiest fashions tend to skew more romantigoth, which just generally looks classy. I don't think my parents especially like the things I'm into, but they're also not opposed to them. Both of them come from pretty humble roots and lead clean, simple, fulfilling lives; being that I'm an art student, they very openly accept that there are just some things I like that are outside their tastes.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:27 am
My parents have never liked it, and although I have been into gothic already for 3 years and I have explained to them what it's about they still don't understand. Most of the music they don't like and the clothing style, neither. Specially my father generally lacks tolerance for people who differ from the mainstream "culture", but on the other hand he dislikes a lot of things about the mainstream too, so its weird. They usually like when I wear stuff from the romantic branch like peasant skirts but they don't like when it's ALL black.  

Ametrin

byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Captain

Comrade

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:36 am
User Imageρℓαgυε яαтs αη∂ вℓσσ∂ч cяυмρεтs...

I feel like the older generations of people just tend to be rather intolerant because they've never been exposed to goth culture before. It seems weird and "evil" because of how much it grinds against mainstream.

Status >in want of arts

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:18 pm
My parents hate me so i tend not care.

Oh and i tend to ingorne alot of people i read most of time books on so called black magic wicca ,demonologhy ect  

ll BreakMare ll

Gothic Muffin of Doom

Dangerous Vampire

10,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:14 pm
Well....eh....due to some cultural restrictiond in my country (I live in Egypt, which is an islamic country for the most part) I don't dress the part. The most I can do is all black and a little skulls or studs occasionally.
This made it easier for me to get away with it, I've been goth for about 4 years now, and my dad has no clue; but I'm sure he'll be mad as hell if he finds out that his daughters were a goth and a metalhead. As, for my mom, she doen't mind at all, in fact she helps a lot. I still got away with my religon views because my mom is open-minded when it comes to religion and my dad.... I guess you can expect what I will say... doesn't have a clue.  
★ Magica Gothique ★

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff