View Results

TheeMadHare

Fashionable Fatcat

3,775 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:56 pm
Well I've always been a Nintendo fan yet I chose to go for the PSP.

Yeah I admit now there are things about it that tick me off as far as the sound quality (which bites when wanting to watch a movie for you have to do it in a completely silent room), and the size and little count of good games.

That's just the main drawback of the PSP I didn't like - gave itself a big bang intro but soon fell to lack of a good amount of games. Heck I've had my PSP for a few months now and I JUST bought my first game..and only because it's a mix of an RPG/action adventure/tactics game.

But as far as being able to hold MP3s and DVDs, other than the annoying usage of extra memory cards, and the network to connect and load items from the computer..it's okies.

Although I wouldn't mind hoping to get a Nintendo DS for my next b-day so that I won't have to argue over either one and just have BOTH. xp

EDIT: Haha, I'm the rebel without a cause that voted for the PSP, first and only. Yea, yea..I'm a dork.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:52 pm
razz Rebel xd It's more interesting to have a poll with two options actually have two options chosen wink  

Edymion
Captain

The Insane Swordsman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:05 pm
it takes all kinds to make your world go round
besides it kind of cool that some did vote for the psp in a nintendo guild  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:44 pm
For me, I'd say DS.

There are a few reasons and I'll list them here. Pros and Cons.

1) Ds's graphics are like.. not supposed to be "OMG THESE ARE SO GREAT" because its like.. Nintendo graphics. Sony on the other hand, all the other systems were all that. Until this. They're... POINTY! Not the best, most sky angels, no good battery power, or memory, and it's complicated.

2) The DS is touch screen. So if your hands get all sweaty you can put it on your lap and not drop it. With PSP... Well, whaddya know? Your at a busstop, your listening to music, playing a game, and what daya know? BOOOM. You drop it, $300 down the drain.

3) You got picto chat, whatdoyah got with a PSP? ...Impossible, "internet"

CON LIST.

1)The buttons on the DS are annoying if your playing a normal GBA game. But on the PSP, same as a PS1/2 controller.

AND THATS IT.

LifelessFawkes

Starfox64x

Devoted Explorer

7,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:47 pm
I own a DS, and i dont plan on getting a PSP anytime soon... that being said... here is my opinion on the 2 systems...

DS is a MUCH better GAMING system, better games, and innovation, but the graphics and sound are definatly not as good as the PSP. the PSP is a better all around MEDIA player, music, videos, internet connection to go on the web, but the games suck... i know, ive tried them...

they both have great potential, and when it comes right down to it, the both have the same number of compliments as there are complaints, so neither is better than the other, but im a nintendo-comes-first person, so i go with the DS... please tell me your opinions on my opinions...  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:30 pm
Actually. The DS has better speakers, therefore sound/audio, than the PSP. Sony fouled up when they made the speakers =/  

Edymion
Captain

Starfox64x

Devoted Explorer

7,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:44 pm
Edymion
Actually. The DS has better speakers, therefore sound/audio, than the PSP. Sony fouled up when they made the speakers =/
i dunno... they both sound pretty good... but whatever... another point for the DS is always good...  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:12 pm
Just to prove that DS is better even though its unnecessary to do so in a Nintendo guild they have made millions more in sales with the DS than the PSP and the games are better (obviously) and sounds and picture quality are better than that of the PSP  

THE CAKE IZ A LIE

CirePrahs

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:26 pm
I'll tell you why I prefer DS to PSP. That reason being, that Nintendo continueally churns out TOO MANY quality games. I'm absolutely serious! Idon't have the time or money it would require to play every interesting, well made, fun, quality game realeased for the DS, it's a position I've never been put in before as a gamer.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:04 pm
The picture is supposedly better on the PSP, but I can't tell the differance, at least between the upper DS screen and the PSP one. The DS Lite, however, does seem to improve contrast.

I might actually have to buy a PSP game and prepare to buy the PSP if/when the supposed price-drop occurs. There's a SquarEnix re-release of a popular PSx game which slips my mind as to a name, at the moment confused The DS, though, is getting ready to bankrupt me whee when I take into account saving for the Wii and a few more NGC and PS2 games.  

Edymion
Captain

Instrumental

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:57 pm
DS=Games
PSP=Multimedia
Now what would a gamer choose  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:40 pm
Edymion
There's a SquarEnix re-release of a popular PSx game which slips my mind as to a name, at the moment

Is it Valkyrie Profile? I have no idea if Valkyrie Profile Lenneth is an actual re-release of the PSx one. It's the only SquarEnix game I remember for the PSP sweatdrop

There are some PSP games that I'd like to get, but thinking of the price of the PSP makes me wonder if those PSP games would ever be played neutral I have GameCube games but no GameCube, because I know I'll be able to play them on the Revolution.

Sorry for going all off-topic.

I prefer the DS because there are a more variety of games for it, such as Cooking Mama xd  

_CFTM
Crew

Edymion
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:07 pm
Yes sweatdrop It's Valkyrie Profile, and it is an exact port of the popular PSx game 3nodding

You're not off topic xd

Variety and Unique wink That certainly describes the DS, on two points at least.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:13 pm
Instrumental
DS=Games
PSP=Multimedia
Now what would a gamer choose

Actually,
DS= games, multimedia, and its more innovative
PSP= multimedia, crappy games

I found a {rather expensive} hard drive for the DS at Best Buy. it's $149.99 and it isn't fake, it's Nintendo brand.  

The Deadliest Grace

4,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200

Edymion
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:04 pm
eek Link please?

Oh. Here's some hot buying information.

In Japan, every one PSP sale has six DS sales to go with it. In the US, ever one PSP sale has two DS sales to go with it. That means the DS is outselling the PSP, on a world-wide scale, of, approximately, three-units-to-one.  
Nintendo Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff