Reply Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer
Twilight is terrible. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jellycones

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:26 pm
If i were to compare Harry Potter and Twilight, I really couldn't. They are two totally different stories, and in my opinion Twilight is much better written. In Harry Potter, it was way too easy to read. in Twilight, there were actually some words I had to look up what the words meant and it was more elegant in a way.

I've read so many good books, and for you to say none of us have ever read a good book is so freaking ignorant! People have their own preferences, and likes and dislikes, and for you to tell a whole messageboard that we are all dillusional, and that you feel bad for us just makes you look like the idiot.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:41 pm
Jellycones
If i were to compare Harry Potter and Twilight, I really couldn't. They are two totally different stories, and in my opinion Twilight is much better written. In Harry Potter, it was way too easy to read. in Twilight, there were actually some words I had to look up what the words meant and it was more elegant in a way.

I've read so many good books, and for you to say none of us have ever read a good book is so freaking ignorant! People have their own preferences, and likes and dislikes, and for you to tell a whole messageboard that we are all dillusional, and that you feel bad for us just makes you look like the idiot.

I beg to differ. I had a harder time reading HP. Well not that hard but Twilight is way easier to read.  

Evil_Dark_Kitty

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:19 pm
Evil_Dark_Kitty
Jellycones

I beg to differ. I had a harder time reading HP. Well not that hard but Twilight is way easier to read.
User Image

Agreed.
Not to mention it had better sentence structure and even when there was a word in there I didn't know, I usually figured it out because of how it was used in a sentence.
For me, it felt like Stephanie threw in random big words at times during the novels.. And just to point out, I'm a fan of the books, I'm not trying to bash them or anything. Just pointing out things I noticed about the books.
My little sister of 11 years old was able to read twilight way easier than HP. I tried getting her to read HP, even though she liked them it took her sooo long to get through the first book and she even said that the Twilight books were really easy to read and this is coming from a child who hates reading to begin with. XD

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:34 pm
I like Twilight. It's a very good book. Bella couldn't be any different from a Mary Sue. She's better than a lot of characters in a lot of books.

But even I will admit it's not a great series. The only really terrific book in that series was Breaking Dawn.  

Angelheart1700

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100

Gilded Crows

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:58 pm
you just contradicted urself and this whole post in ur first 2 posts. wth...  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:53 am
La Beaute
Evil_Dark_Kitty
La Beaute
Your mom is terrible. lol

Anyway, yeah, it's not the best idea to compare the two books. I mean, they're building a Harry Potter section in Islands of Adventure because it's -that- popular. I'd have my mouth drop if Twilight was even considered to be a theme park. v.v

I wouldn't be surprised if it happened. But then again wtf kinda amusement park will that be? Fly on Edward? LMAO.

OMG xDDD
Ride on Edward, hunting with Emmet, browsing the future with Alice, cooking with Esme, operation with Carlisle, Battling with Jasper, Racing with Wolves, and Escape from Danger with Bella. xD
Cheezy, but still, it'd be ridiculous if that came true. Kinda reminds me, I saw a Twilight board game the other day, xD

OMG LMAO @Escape from danger! Good one XD *is still laughing*  

Evil_Dark_Kitty

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas