Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Need Altar Assistance?? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:21 pm
My altar is...whatever shelf on the bookcase is cleared off enough to set my ritual things xd
I don't consider direction especially relevant.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:02 pm
mine has to face south, there is just NO OTHER SPACE IN MY ROOM. id love to have it face north, but my parents forbid me to mess with the way things are set up in my bed room. it stinks! scream  

Aryain Flames

Captain Cockblock

Newbie Cat

8,000 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Rally Tyro 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:43 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
x_piccolino_bellezza_x
Violet Song jat Shariff
Why North?

I've heard that East is also acceptable since that is the direction the sun rises from.

I suppose East may work, though throughout a majority of my readings it's weighed out to the North.

Not to be rude...but is there any particular reason why we should give more weight to what you have read, over say, established traditional practice (as Morgandria pointed out), or what other folks have read that say the altar can face another direction?

Because unfortunately, not all of us have the ability to have these teachings, so we have to go by the word of study.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:14 pm
x_piccolino_bellezza_x
Violet Song jat Shariff

Not to be rude...but is there any particular reason why we should give more weight to what you have read, over say, established traditional practice (as Morgandria pointed out), or what other folks have read that say the altar can face another direction?

Because unfortunately, not all of us have the ability to have these teachings, so we have to go by the word of study.

The bolded is what I am particularly interested in hearing justification for in what makes your word and what you've read more credible.
So far, it seems that your response is still "Well, I've read books!" Which makes me wonder, what about the books you've read is worth more to someone else than their own personal preferences/constraints or what they have read?
I agree that not a lot of people have access to the whats, whys and hows of some traditions...and I am in no way saying that those traditions and their practices are better or more correct.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games